Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6265|Outside your Back window
Ok so i want to download this game...however 1.38Gb or something like to download the fucking thing makes me want to cry. So here are my questions:
1. how long does this thing take?
2. Will i definately be able to play it?
3. Is it worth it?
4. Can i download it from somewhere else quicker?
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6198
utorrent is best, you can also pause and resume downloads...
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6614|EU

First of all there are 2 setup files which needs to be downloaded - Core and Levels, like 1,8 and 1,4 Gb.
1) Its hard to tell how long will it lasty depends on mirror you pick. For one download I used utorrent, for levels I picked mirror from German site, both me took like 40 minutes. Torrent even more because there wasnt constant download speed (and size about 400 Mb bigger).
2) Yes as long as you have BF2 with 1.41 installed
3) What do you expect from it? Not for lone wolfs for sure, but everyone can find his branch there - you can go ground pounding or just as crewman and armoring or piloting and transporting people or CAS.
4) German mirrors
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

legionair wrote:

First of all there are 2 setup files which needs to be downloaded - Core and Levels, like 1,8 and 1,4 Gb.
1) Its hard to tell how long will it lasty depends on mirror you pick. For one download I used utorrent, for levels I picked mirror from German site, both me took like 40 minutes. Torrent even more because there wasnt constant download speed (and size about 400 Mb bigger).
2) Yes as long as you have BF2 with 1.41 installed
3) What do you expect from it? Not for lone wolfs for sure, but everyone can find his branch there - you can go ground pounding or just as crewman and armoring or piloting and transporting people or CAS.
4) German mirrors
Cheers Ill check that out! +1
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6505|AUS
This mod is definately worth trying out. Gameplay is very different to vanilla BF2 though. Requires much more coordination within squads and actually makes it very difficult to achieve anything as a lone wolf. Sometimes it's hard to find populated servers but just google Project Reality and try to connect by IP if you have any issues there. BigD run the most regularly populated PR servers in AUS as far as I can tell.
Make sure you read the guides and watch the tutorial videos BEFORE you jump into a full server. You will also find players are much more willing to give advice on how to play as the squad strategies are essential in this mod. Don't go squad leader until you've played with someone who knows what they are doing for a while. This mod really encourages cooperation and coordination with your squad at a level FAR higher than vanilla BF2. Great work from the developers of this mod, much more realistic and less arcade-style gameplay.
Some of the main differences from vanilla are :
takes 3 players in the flag radius to cap a flag (cannot be done solo) and several minutes for the flag to flip,
squad leaders (with at least two squadmates) can create squad specific spawn points ANYWHERE on the map,
squads can BUILD team spawn points anywhere called firebases,
all armed vehicles discourage solo work by disengaging the guns for a period of time unless you have a driver,
the kits are more vehicle specific (ie. you have the regular infantry kits but you need a CREWMAN kit to drive some vehicles or a PILOT kit to fly),
you must be more careful who you shoot at (friendly tags take time to appear at a distance and enemies are never flagged in red as in vanilla),
when you kill someone the game won't tell you as in vanilla (eg. you killed <insert name>), you need to check for a body,
the maps are much larger (be prepared to spend a fair bit of time running around the map on foot),
the rounds go for longer (much longer, you'll see).
It can be a bit frustrating if you don't know what you are doing in the beginning so just squad up and don't be afraid to ask players what they are doing and why. You'll find most players willing to share knowledge because this mod particularly requires COOPERATION and COORDINATION.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6644|pimelteror.de
download it! then join my server

78.46.100.135:16567
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
I just played my first two rounds, i gotta say it was great fun despite landing only 5 kills and 10 deaths. The rounds take a long time but the teamwork is incredible. You really do find yourself taking it slow as one burst can waste you.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6614|EU

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

I just played my first two rounds, i gotta say it was great fun despite landing only 5 kills and 10 deaths. The rounds take a long time but the teamwork is incredible. You really do find yourself taking it slow as one burst can waste you.
Glad that you like it
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

legionair wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Glad that you like it
you play much?
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6614|EU

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

legionair wrote:

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Glad that you like it
you play much?
started recently again, though still only when Im in a mood talking via VOIP (mostly after several beers)
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6182|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
took me 3 days to download both files tbh it was worth it
headhunter345
+4|6265|Usally around the corner

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

Ok so i want to download this game...however 1.38Gb or something like to download the fucking thing makes me want to cry. So here are my questions:
1. how long does this thing take?
2. Will i definately be able to play it?
3. Is it worth it?
4. Can i download it from somewhere else quicker?
MAte its 2 files of 1.3gig.
if u DL it u can play it
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6448|UK
I also got it tonight as well, although it seems to be lagging out LOADS! Even with a low ping, my lag is horrific. I never get this sort of lag on BF2 or 2142.

Also, is it my failing net or is the PR site down?
firebolt5
+114|6146

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

I also got it tonight as well, although it seems to be lagging out LOADS! Even with a low ping, my lag is horrific. I never get this sort of lag on BF2 or 2142.

PR site is down for me too.  Also, PR is way more hardware extensive.  The PR developers are/want to push the BF2 engine to the limit.  You should create a new account for PR and lower the graphics settings on that account (so you can keep your vanilla BF2 account settings the same).

PR System requirements:
Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card with at least 128 MB of RAM

Recommended Specification:
CPU: 2.4 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card with at least 256 MB of RAM
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

Yea mines the same sometimes. As soon as you get a forest map it gets pretty crazy with the lag unless you have a good comp. Stay on the city maps and its ok
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6614|EU

So thats the reason I get 30 FPS? on bf2 I have 100
P_Diaz
+6|5552|USA
Guys, I need some help. I downloaded the core files. I got the core set up and the levels set up files, however, when I click to install the game nothing happens. My computer loads the installer in the background, but it never shows up to actually install the game. My system starts to run much slower after that. I don't know whats wrong. I have 4 gigs of ram, an intel core 2 duo with 2.7 speed. My graphics card is radeon hd 2600 xt with 512mb. Am I doing something wrong? I set the core file to open as administrator on Vista. I can't think of anything else.... if you have this trouble too, please let me know. PM me or something thank you!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard