blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6662

Poseidon wrote:

New England Patriots? You're joking, right Zimmer?

They were good for like, 5 years...and that was it.

Also, Blademaster...they haven't been winning championships when they buy players (see: 2001-present). Most of their championships come from teams made from matured prospects and homegrown talent (Jeter, Williams, Andy Pettitte, etc).
but if you look at their history Yankees are known for buying a lot of good players throughout their time span
"Yankees decided to buy 223 million dollars worth of players for this years (2009) roster".
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5949|Somewhere out in Space

Poseidon wrote:

Also, Blademaster...they haven't been winning championships when they buy players (see: 2001-present). Most of their championships come from teams made from matured prospects and homegrown talent (Jeter, Williams, Andy Pettitte, etc).
Andy Pettitte never had talent
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Pretty sure a 21 win season in only his sophomore year is better than most pitchers will ever accomplish.
Roc18
`
+655|5808|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

blademaster wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

but if you look at their history Yankees are known for buying a lot of good players throughout their time span
"Yankees decided to buy 223 million dollars worth of players for this years (2009) roster".
Exactly we are the Evil Empire. And the Yankees would truly be fucked up if we signed Manny Ramirez LOL.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5612|Dublin, Ireland

FatherTed wrote:

Manchester United
CC-Marley
+407|6846
Celtics
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Manchester United
Honestly this is truth, they're probably the most popular team in the world over.

It's not even a sport anymore, it's a franchise.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Poseidon wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Pretty sure a 21 win season in only his sophomore year is better than most pitchers will ever accomplish.
and a 3.8 ERA...

He was a league average pitcher at best who received gratuitous run support and had that closer called Mariano Rivera, you might know him.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

and a 3.8 ERA...

He was a league average pitcher at best who received gratuitous run support and had that closer called Mariano Rivera, you might know him.
Rivera isn't as good as he's hyped up to be. He blew the WS for us in 2001 and 2004.

Pettitte is a great pitcher. Not one of the best, but a great one...although he's definitely past his prime.
lilbaily2
+12|6659|OH
2008 Detroit Lions best team ever!
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Poseidon wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

and a 3.8 ERA...

Rivera isn't as good as he's hyped up to be. He blew the WS for us in 2001 and 2004.

Pettitte is a great pitcher. Not one of the best, but a great one...although he's definitely past his prime.
So...you say that the (statistically) greatest reliever of all time isnt as good as people say he is, and that a pitcher who is actually just above average; whose best season came in baseball's biggest field, is a great pitcher?  Whatever floats your Yankee boat.  Do you religiously watch YES by any chance?

Oh wait, i forgot that no one at BF2s has any idea about what i'm saying.  I could break out some of the bigger stats, but then i would just be running circles around everyone.

lilbaily2 wrote:

/thread.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2009-01-31 19:02:07)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6699|Disaster Free Zone
Hawthorn
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6280
NHL:Montreal Canadians
NFL:Green Bay Packers
MLB: Atlanta Braves (14 consecutive division titles puts them up there somewhere I think), New York Yankees.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

and a 3.8 ERA...

So...you say that the (statistically) greatest reliever of all time isnt as good as people say he is, and that a pitcher who is actually just above average; whose best season came in baseball's biggest field, is a great pitcher?  Whatever floats your Yankee boat.  Do you religiously watch YES by any chance?

Oh wait, i forgot that no one at BF2s has any idea about what i'm saying.  I could break out some of the bigger stats, but then i would just be running circles around everyone.

lilbaily2 wrote:

/thread.
So statistics only matter for Rivera, but not for Pettite and his 21 win season in his second year. Gotcha!

Until you're a Yankees fan, you'll never see the love/hate relationship we have with Rivera.
ColCarnage
taw
+283|5612

Poseidon wrote:

ColCarnage wrote:

26 world series championships the most championships won by any team ever yes Yankees ftmfw
1 for CC, Tex and AJ amirite
You may not karma the same person in a 24 hour period.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Poseidon wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lilbaily2 wrote:

/thread.
So statistics only matter for Rivera, but not for Pettite and his 21 win season in his second year. Gotcha!

Until you're a Yankees fan, you'll never see the love/hate relationship we have with Rivera.
figured, you assume wins are the end all be all pitchers stat when in reality they are probably the one that they have the least control over.  Using wins to assess a pitcher is very weak.  If Roger Clemens had a 1.87 ERA and won 13 games, and Pettitte had a 4.02 ERA and won 21, both in 30+ starts and 200+ innings, who is the better pitcher?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5699
Why the fuck are you talking about a bunch of cheating faggots in a gay sport?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

phishman420 wrote:

Naive Yankee fan needs to be put in his place.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

phishman420 wrote:

greg maddux sux

know-nothing canadian thinks ERA is completely dependent on the pitcher

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-01-31 19:48:58)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

Poseidon wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

greg maddux sux

no-nothing canadian thinks ERA is completely dependent on the pitcher
Certainly more than wins, my fucking god you get a win while giving up 10 runs if your team scores 11.  You can also lose going 9 innings giving up a single run.

At least ill give you this, Pettitte wasnt nearly as bad as his record says last season, since everything field-independent was basically career average.  You can thank another Yankee product for that, and he's your precious captain.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2009-01-31 19:54:31)

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6652|South Jersey
the 27 yankees
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Yankees, because they won the "World Series" ?

lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

All Blacks.

Did you really expect me to say anything different?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|6001|Perth, indian ocean
West coast eagles lololol
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ty wrote:

All Blacks.

Did you really expect me to say anything different?
Well, I do like the little dance they do. Very cute.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard