• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (TV won't turn on)
phishman420
Banned
+821|5651
I've had this TV since last September. There have been a few times where it won't turn on, so I would unplug it from the wall then plug it back in, and it would work fine again. I submitted a service request to Samsung back in December, and they were going to send someone out to fix it. The problem stopped, and the TV has been working fine since then. However, when I tried to turn it on this morning, it won't work at all. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in several times without any luck. I resubmitted the service request to Samsung, but in the meantime, what can I do?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

It's become complacent. Get the TV to overhear a conversation with Samsung Tech Support again.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
It sounds like the tv may need a new power cable. If you can't replace it your self get a professional to. Try a different outlet first.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5651
Works fine again. I'm going to have them come look at it anyway.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

If it's dying every now and then, just like that, it isn't working fine.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
phishman420
Banned
+821|5651

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Wow, you're quite the smart one.
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

phishman420 wrote:

Works fine again. I'm going to have them come look at it anyway.
Let me guess, still nothing on?
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

phishman420 wrote:

I've had this TV since last September. There have been a few times where it won't turn on, so I would unplug it from the wall then plug it back in, and it would work fine again. I submitted a service request to Samsung back in December, and they were going to send someone out to fix it. The problem stopped, and the TV has been working fine since then. However, when I tried to turn it on this morning, it won't work at all. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in several times without any luck. I resubmitted the service request to Samsung, but in the meantime, what can I do?
Panic and hope you have a TV for the superbowl
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville
Plug it into a new power outlet, see it works then.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

phishman420 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What I'm saying is that you should have taken it to the support as soon as that happened, and not use it whilst waiting for them to fix it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Freezer7Pro wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

What I'm saying is that you should have taken it to the support as soon as that happened, and not use it whilst waiting for them to fix it.
Well that's just silly. Not using it isn't going to fix the problem. And it watching it does make the problem worse, it doesn't matter. They are coming to fix it.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Well that's just silly. Not using it isn't going to fix the problem. And it watching it does make the problem worse, it doesn't matter. They are coming to fix it.
A problem like that is probably PSU-related, and running anything on a bad PSU is bound to cause problems.

When they arrive, they identify the problem in the PSU, fix it and leave. You use it for a while, but by then, the poor PSU has caused damage to other parts.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Do you turn it off completely when you are not using it or do you have it on standby?

You increase the life span on components if you minimize the use of the standby mode .... and like Freezer said it's prolly the PSU, problem is with flat screens that the PSU is a integrated part of the circuit board so I guess you need to get the screen replaced for it to ever end ... prolly a malfunction with that series and fixing the problem usually is replacing parts that will eventually have the same flaw ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Varegg wrote:

You increase the life span on components if you minimize the use of the standby mode
Yeah, from like 20 years to about 19 years and 11 months.

It's just like Overclocking. "It decreases the lifetime" yeah but by the time it breaks you won't give a shit and you'll have a 32 core i25.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

Finray wrote:

Varegg wrote:

You increase the life span on components if you minimize the use of the standby mode

It's just like Overclocking. "It decreases the lifetime" yeah but by the time it breaks you won't give a shit and you'll have a 32 core i25.
No.

Given the cheap capacitors they use in all modern stuff, the difference can be 8 years to 18 years.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

Varegg wrote:

No.

Given the cheap capacitors they use in all modern stuff, the difference can be 8 years to 18 years.
8 years, omgnowai, you're still going to upgrade before that.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

No.

My TV was 27 years old before I got rid of it. For the sole purpose of saving space.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

No.

If it was just the life span i could have agreed with you Finray but it's not ... decreasing life span of the components also gives you in this case a TV a decreasing quality in picture that will be noticable before you even think about changing it for a newer model ... and buying a long lasting product like a LCD or plasma this means a lot in the long run ... unless money is not an issue because you're loaded and change your screen every two years ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (TV won't turn on)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard