blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636
Three state highway workers cleaning up litter picked up an abandoned tire — and found about $100,000 inside.

Indiana state police suspect the cash, in denominations of $5 to $100, may be drug money. State Police spokesman Mike Burns said a drug-sniffing dog found the scent of drugs on the bills.

Police said the workers found the tire Friday in a ditch along Interstate 70 just east of Indianapolis.Police say the tire appeared to be from a large truck. It isn't clear how long it was in the ditch.

Detective Sgt. Keith O'Donnell commended the workers for their "honesty and professionalism" in contacting police.(WTF everybody keeps contacting the police these or turning the money in these days... the other day that kid got ripped off for turning in $500 now this $100k?)

source
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5922|Somewhere out in Space
You should be called cashmaster now given all the threads, eh?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6582|Reisterstown, MD

I'm sorry.  In this day in time, I'd have a hard time being honesty about turning in money, particularly that amount of money.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5672
It's one thing to give someone's wallet back, but why the fuck would you turn in $100k under those circumstances?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

$33k each tax free. I'd have kept it. Any yes, why would you keep it under those circumstances, it's clearly dirty. I thought you get to keep it anyway if you found it, after a certain period of time, or does it become evidence because of the drugs connection?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5672

ghettoperson wrote:

$33k each tax free. I'd have kept it. Any yes, why would you keep it under those circumstances, it's clearly dirty. I thought you get to keep it anyway if you found it, after a certain period of time, or does it become evidence because of the drugs connection?
"Evidence".
ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

What actually happens to the 'evidence'? Does it get burned, or will the po-po put it in their doughnut fund?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5672

ghettoperson wrote:

What actually happens to the 'evidence'? Does it get burned, or will the po-po put it in their doughnut fund?
Who fucking knows...

My friend's house got raided a few years back, and they had around $10k in cash in the house. The cops only claimed to have found $2k. Fucking redneck pieces of shit. Fuck tha police.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6582|Reisterstown, MD

ghettoperson wrote:

Depends.  Some gets repopulated into other investigations.  Evidence is usually keep for a specific amount of time in case of a retrial and stuff like that.

Last edited by killer21 (2009-01-30 13:21:08)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

Lesson learned; use a bank. I assume it was drug money?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5672

ghettoperson wrote:

Lesson learned; use a bank. I assume it was drug money?
no u
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636

phishman420 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Who fucking knows...

My friend's house got raided a few years back, and they had around $10k in cash in the house. The cops only claimed to have found $2k. Fucking redneck pieces of shit. Fuck tha police.
hahaha yeah damn rednecks no offense IG
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5839|one windy city

phishman420 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Who fucking knows...

good friends you have
phishman420
Banned
+821|5672

blademaster wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Who fucking knows...

hahaha yeah damn rednecks no offense IG
There are rednecks EVERYWHERE, not just the south.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
If you were the worker would you call 911 or just gtfo with that money and start SPENDING it and ENJOYING life?
Pick one
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London
Maybe they actually found $1million and only reported it to the police so they could get protection in case the druggies came looking for them.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6123|Scotland!
if I found 100k I'd think long and hard about who it belonged to first and what they'd do to get it back.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

I'm Jamesey wrote:

if I found 100k I'd think long and hard about who it belonged to first and what they'd do to get it back.
ala no country for old men
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
phishman420
Banned
+821|5672

FatherTed wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

ala no country for old men
They're dumb enough to lose 100 thousand dollars in a ditch but smart enough to track you down? mmk
Lynx14
+41|5962

ghettoperson wrote:

Police keep the drug money for funding. People don't ever claim the money because it's drug money the person won't go in there and say yeah thats my money. I know all this because my uncle is a cop.
Defiance
+438|6662

Lynx14 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Police keep the drug money for funding. People don't ever claim the money because it's drug money the person won't go in there and say yeah thats my money. I know all this because my uncle is a cop.
Really?  It's hard to believe how much inside knowledge you have.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Think about it, the cases where they don't turn in the money are the cases you don't hear about.  That could be happening a lot more than these good Samaritan acts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard