Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire
So Kurt Lippold doesn't believe in judicial transparency, due process or human rights? Well, I guess ol' Kurt needs to shut the fuck up because the neo-cons are no more and Obama aint listening to their fascist, corner-cutting bullshit anymore.

His ship was hit off the coast of Yemen? Well that's a shame... was his ship the one that shot down that Iranian civilian flight or was that another American ship in a region where it didn't belong?
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6639
Maybe we should slam the former USS Cole commander on his incompetence. I don't think he has much credibility on this topic.
Commie Killer
+192|6380

Braddock wrote:

So Kurt Lippold doesn't believe in judicial transparency, due process or human rights? Well, I guess ol' Kurt needs to shut the fuck up because the neo-cons are no more and Obama aint listening to their fascist, corner-cutting bullshit anymore.

His ship was hit off the coast of Yemen? Well that's a shame... was his ship the one that shot down that Iranian civilian flight or was that another American ship in a region where it didn't belong?
International waters?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

Commie Killer wrote:

Braddock wrote:

International waters?
If Iran shot down a US civilian flight and killed all 290 civilians on board from International waters off the coast of the USA the American Government and American people would have a fucking canary. Do you know where Mr. Lippold's ship would have been safe from fire? In a US harbour somewhere within the United States, that's where.

My advice to Kurt is dry your eyes and shut your mouth. Doe he think Obama is going to backtrack on his decision or something?
Commie Killer
+192|6380

Braddock wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Braddock wrote:

International waters?
If Iran shot down a US civilian flight and killed all 290 civilians on board from International waters off the coast of the USA the American Government and American people would have a fucking canary. Do you know where Mr. Lippold's ship would have been safe from fire? In a US harbour somewhere within the United States, that's where.

My advice to Kurt is dry your eyes and shut your mouth. Doe he think Obama is going to backtrack on his decision or something?
I was talking about your point where you said a "region where it didn't belong.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

Commie Killer wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

International waters?

Okay... so you'd be cool with Iranian ships hanging around the periphery of US waters?
Commie Killer
+192|6380

Braddock wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Okay... so you'd be cool with Iranian ships hanging around the periphery of US waters?
Nothing illegal about it. Why not?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

Commie Killer wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Nothing illegal about it. Why not?
Fine.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

Commander Cunt Imold wrote:

''We shouldn't make policy decisions based on human rights and legal advocacy groups,'' retired U.S. Navy Cmdr. Kurt Lippold said in a telephone interview. "We should consider what is best for the American people, which is not to jeopardize those who are fighting the war on terror — or even more adversely impact the families who have already suffered loses as a result of the war."
What a cliche.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker
So since you can’t see the evidence there’s no due process and human rights?  We’ve released terrorists previously who have gone on to involve themselves in more terrorist acts.  Let the military do their job and try these guys.  That’s the due process you’re looking for.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

Stingray24 wrote:

So since you can’t see the evidence there’s no due process and human rights?  We’ve released terrorists previously who have gone on to involve themselves in more terrorist acts.  Let the military do their job and try these guys.  That’s the due process you’re looking for.
And not even knowing the evidence against you so a defense can be supplied is due process?
imortal
+240|6658|Austin, TX

Braddock wrote:

Ohhh, you want to bring history into it Braddock?  I assume you mean the airliner that was reportedly flying using an F-14 transponder, on a direct course toward the ship, away from any established civilian flight pattern?  I was wondering if anyone else noticed at the time that the bodies they filmed on TV just after the incident showed indications of decomposition more advanced than would be indicated by the attack?  Yeah, those evil things we Americans do to the undeserving, peace loving Iranians, who wish nothing but cheery futures to Americans.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6535|Texas - Bigger than France
In a related story, did anyone catch the news tidbit about Obama's order to delay the trial (note this is separate from closing the base) has been refused on the basis of constitutional law?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

And justice for All.  Not being sarcastic, I'm just listening to Metallica.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

imortal wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Ohhh, you want to bring history into it Braddock?  I assume you mean the airliner that was reportedly flying using an F-14 transponder, on a direct course toward the ship, away from any established civilian flight pattern?  I was wondering if anyone else noticed at the time that the bodies they filmed on TV just after the incident showed indications of decomposition more advanced than would be indicated by the attack?  Yeah, those evil things we Americans do to the undeserving, peace loving Iranians, who wish nothing but cheery futures to Americans.
I'm talking about Iran Air Flight 655 that was shot down with 290 civilian passengers onboard, including 66 children (including Indian, Yugoslavian and Italian passengers) inside Iranian air space... you know, the one the US Government paid $131.8 million in reparations for... that one.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655
Commie Killer
+192|6380

Braddock wrote:

imortal wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I'm talking about Iran Air Flight 655 that was shot down with 290 civilian passengers onboard, including 66 children (including Indian, Yugoslavian and Italian passengers) inside Iranian air space... you know, the one the US Government paid $131.8 million in reparations for... that one.

Hard to tell if your being sarcastic....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6283|Éire

Commie Killer wrote:

Braddock wrote:

imortal wrote:

I tell you what, read all of the source link I posted (particularly the part on independent sources) and then make up your mind.
Vax
+42|5844|Flyover country

Braddock wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I tell you what, read all of the source link I posted (particularly the part on independent sources) and then make up your mind.
I remember hearing about it.

Was a fuckup of monumental proportions.

Not sure what the relevance to the topic is, but I suppose you are trying to say the Cole was small potatoes compared to  *what the usa did*

In that case I would point out that the Iran Air shootdown was a mistake, while the Cole was hit on purpose, by terrorists
I realize that some don't make any distinctions about intent, but to me it makes a difference.

Do you .. believe the crew on the Vincennes thought they were shooting down an airliner, with kids on board ?
13rin
+977|6472

Warhammer wrote:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/100/story/61061.html
What American wouldn't... Oh wait. Change!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX
He's incompetent, he needs to STFU.
His colleagues at Guantanamo caused the problem, if it had been run according to the rules, international conventions, treaties etc the US wouldn't be in this mess over Guantanamo.

imortal wrote:

Ohhh, you want to bring history into it Braddock?  I assume you mean the airliner that was reportedly flying using an F-14 transponder, on a direct course toward the ship, away from any established civilian flight pattern?
All of that is incorrect.

''We shouldn't make policy decisions based on human rights and legal advocacy groups,''
Seems the American people decided thats an old, tired, failed policy, which is why they didn't vote for old, tired, failed McCain.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-30 22:21:23)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5987|Truthistan
Someone is looking for an Olly North politcal career. I can see it now

Palin/Lippold 2012 The Doomsday Neocon ticket.... that's not all that funny.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Vax wrote:

Not sure what the relevance to the topic is, but I suppose you are trying to say the Cole was small potatoes compared to  *what the usa did*

In that case I would point out that the Iran Air shootdown was a mistake, while the Cole was hit on purpose, by terrorists
I realize that some don't make any distinctions about intent, but to me it makes a difference.
it is what he and cam do...among others.  dont try and make sense though.  it does not work.
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon
This is the commander that let a pleasure craft approach and blow a hole in his boat, killing 17 men?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

Vax wrote:

Was a fuckup of monumental proportions.

Do you .. believe the crew on the Vincennes thought they were shooting down an airliner, with kids on board ?
Yes. A big fucking mistake. How the fuck he still has his job after a monumental fuckup like that is beyond me - let alone why anyone should be listening to someone who has proven themselves to be utterly incompetent.

It's interesting to see the double standards here. If Iran shot down an American passenger jet killing hundreds of Americans by mistake I'm sure there would be a lot of people on this forum baying for Iranian blood - not just a hundred odd million in compensation. I imagine the Iranians feel much the same. It's these sorts of fuckups that exacerbate the whole terrorism in the middle east issue. Much of the blame can be laid at the feet of morons like this guy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard