motherdear
+25|6661|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
battery: 9 cell lithium battery
CPU: Intel core 2 duo 8600 2,40 GHz-3mb cache
RAN: 4 gb of pc6400 (800MHZ)
Harddisk: 250 GB- 7200 RPM- sata
wireless: intel wifi 533AN-450mbit
GPU: Nvidia 9650 GT 552 gddr3
1 gb instant memory (small solid state that helps on load times etc.)

Last edited by motherdear (2009-01-30 11:14:56)

BrimstoneFire
+5|6469|Brisbane
specs are good, however what's the brand name (manufacturer)? ASUS, ACER?

Last edited by BrimstoneFire (2009-01-30 11:26:31)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

Looks ok. Just give us a price and manufacturer, and we can give green light.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
motherdear
the brand name is Zepto (scandinavias biggest laptop vendor (have had one for the last 3 years and no problems so far except for the dvd drive stopped working (no problem getting it fixed)) btw the laptop is at a price of about 1800$ but i do need the laptop both for school and entertainment (games) which it will be able to do quite well for the first little while. just wanted you guys to have a look.

btw i don't know the current exchange prize on dkk to us dollars but it's about 10.200 dkk

Last edited by motherdear (2009-01-30 11:19:59)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6207|Winland

Zepto is an ok brand. It isn't the biggest up here, though. $1800 is a little hefty, though.

Could be better, could be worse. If you don't have many other options, you won't regret getting it.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
BrimstoneFire
+5|6469|Brisbane

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Zepto is an ok brand. It isn't the biggest up here, though. $1800 is a little hefty, though.

Could be better, could be worse. If you don't have many other options, you won't regret getting it.
agreed
motherdear
thx just what i wanted to know (paying the bit extra because i need the good support that they offer, and the design is absolutely awesome (just an extra))  also it's pretty good for the future since it can be updated both in the GPU (MXM means that i can install another laptop graphics card if i want), RAM, and Harddisk. also the screen is 1680 x 1050 resolution.
BrimstoneFire
+5|6469|Brisbane

motherdear wrote:

thx just what i wanted to know (paying the bit extra because i need the good support that they offer, and the design is absolutely awesome (just an extra))  also it's pretty good for the future since it can be updated both in the GPU (MXM means that i can install another laptop graphics card if i want), RAM, and Harddisk. also the screen is 1680 x 1050 resolution.
19inch? :S

thats one heavy laptop...
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6207|Winland

BrimstoneFire wrote:

motherdear wrote:

When did he ever mention 19"?
BrimstoneFire
+5|6469|Brisbane

Freezer7Pro wrote:

BrimstoneFire wrote:

motherdear wrote:

also the screen is 1680 x 1050 resolution.

he didnt, but I can't think of any laptops with a 15inch or 17inch for that matter that display at that widescreen setting...
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6188
I'd go with this personally
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … 8043606827
I have one, its a beast of a laptop.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6207|Winland

BrimstoneFire wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

BrimstoneFire wrote:

he didnt, but I can't think of any laptops with a 15inch or 17inch for that matter that display at that widescreen setting...
I can get a 1680x1050 display for my 17" off of eBay for $100. I can also get a 1680x1050 display for my old 15" for $400.

And Dell sells 17-inchers with 1920x1200 native.

It's probably a 17".
motherdear
just to clarify it's a 15.4" laptop with 1680x1050 resolution (won't be playing games at this though, but is nice for that extra crisp detail level when watching movies and doing school work)
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6207|Winland

motherdear wrote:

just to clarify it's a 15.4" laptop with 1680x1050 resolution (won't be playing games at this though, but is nice for that extra crisp detail level when watching movies and doing school work)
You should really play games at that res. That graphics card won't have issues.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6497|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
We just bought this one for home use
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … 8012519873
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

I'd go with this personally
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp … 8043606827
I have one, its a beast of a laptop.
One of the better Gateways I've seen.
motherdear
yeah it depends on the games though (like bioshock i might like the better grafics instead of better resolution, but i guess i'll have to see when i get it) but bf2 and older games will be played at all high

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard