ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Thoughts on Taxes;

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Food Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Government School Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer registration tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Say we didn't have taxes;
would we not want to educate our children, and hence would build schools and hire teachers, at a fee perhaps?
would we not want to travel and need to trade with other areas and hence need a system of roads?
would we not need a glass of water and hence need an infrastructure?

All our current system as done is destroy the vision for America that our founding fathers had. It has taken a nation of law and order and sown chaos wherein the everyday joe is sandwiched between illegal aliens below and mega-corporations above. It has taken our sons away from our homes and sent them off to die for nothing in a forein land where we are not wanted. It has taken money from our earnings every week with the promise that there would be something for us when we retire and we all know about the solvency of Social Security.

So, as we plummet towards national and perhaps worldwide insolvency and bankrupture  remember who it is that led us into this mess. They try and make us feel that there is no hope and we must simply work forever to serve the system.
Their system.

They will claim there is no future unless we trust them further. They will ask for commitments from our childrens children, but they won't say it. They will just spend us there.

Last edited by ATG (2009-01-29 21:18:09)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Your nation was the most prosperous 100 years ago? I don't think so. Britain, Germany and Russia were the big players back then. Not until after WW1 was the sleeping giant awoken.

Every body hates taxes, but nobody complains when the tax money is used to help them.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
ever hear of the Gold Rush, slick?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Well you have to pay for all those social benefits and large military somehow and yeah it sucks whenever we see our paychecks and bills but we've all benefited from that pool of money at some point.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

ATG wrote:

Yeah, that was a bit of a boom then bust resource wasn't it?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

sry bout the quality.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
how do you expect a big Bloated govt to operate without all those taxes on top of taxes?
Love is the answer
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6590|Auteuil, Laval
Plus what about all the taxes that were meant to be temporary but stayed there.
Govt. will never be lean in their operations, they will never go through Kaizen (or other introspection procedures) to reevaluate their way of doing things.

Like Kmarion vid.  Just think about it; you purchase something or your own, you take care of it.  On other hand when something is given to you, you don't take as much care of it.  It' a proven fact and I've verified it within in my own life.

2 things that are sure in a human life; taxes and death!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

American Industry and business pays enough in Tax to fund the US system. Income tax is solely to pay interest on loans stemming from the federal reserve act. Think that's right. Don't have time to look into it.
PureFodder
+225|6256
100 years ago life was far shittier than it is now.

I'm happy to pay more in taxes in my country beause I get so much more than they did in the past.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6728|Argentina
ATG you need taxes.  And 100 years ago the USA wasn't the Superpower it's today with taxes.  Relax man, let Obama do his job.  Taxes well spent = people living better.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

as a student, I <3 taxes.

They give me my free education, my scholarship, my books, my equipment, my laptop, my backback.

If my parents were to lose every single penny, I'd still be able to go to a good school with great equipment.

Taxes = less social differences = a better place to live.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
SealXo
+309|6506
I think we've had a nation debt ever since the civil war and (Adams?) decided not to pay it even though he had the money and instead started the banks with it.

Last edited by SealXo (2009-01-30 08:38:58)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
Taxes don't piss me off.  What pisses me off is that some of the taxes aren't used for the reasons they were created.

For instance: in Texas the gasoline tax is supposed to be used for maintaining state highways.  Over half of it is used on education.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

SealXo wrote:

I think we've had a nation debt ever since the civil war and (Adams?) decided not to pay it even though he had the money and instead started the banks with it.
Sort of right. We were in a large debt after the Revolution and it was Hamilton's idea was to pay it back but using bonds and loans. That way the US would have a very good credit and so people would be willing to give loans to the government. The debt was almost completely paid off near the start of the civil war, and since then it has been cycling between lenders for 150 years. This is why the national debt isn't as bad as people often think it is. Because the US have excellent credit and so as long as only small amounts of the money is ever collected at once, it won't lead to that high inflation.

Most of our debt is held by Asian or Middle-Eastern countries, who would be hurt catastrophically if the US were to undergo hyper-inflation, so they won't collect the majority of their debts at once.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

I read the title as Texas. I must be dyslexic.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
Umm our inflation is out of control.. Everything is expensive and salaries haven't gone up? Even with the cost of living on the rise, the scary thing is tickets and costs for getting into trouble.. Speeding tickets cost you 450 dollars or more, so we're over taxed and over penalized. Bottom line is if they don't get you in the taxes, they'll have there hand in your pocket somewhere else.
too_money2007
+145|6279|Keller, Tx
ATG, if you hate the US so much, fuck off. Your threads are such fucking bullshit. Full of whinning and crying about the government. Boo fucking hoo.... move along then.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London

ghettoperson wrote:

I read the title as Texas. I must be dyslexic.
I was even worse. Read it as 'taxes' first time. Came back a while later and read it as 'texas', was wondering why atg enjoyed sharing his thoughts so much. I must be retarded.
Warhammer
+18|5651
Solution to economy and taxes. Eliminate all taxes (gets rid of IRS as well), and keep 8-10% sales tax.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6620
taxes will be bailing your ass out of this mess...

life's a bitch
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

taxes will be bailing your ass out of this mess...

life's a bitch
Bailing who out?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut

TheAussieReaper wrote:

ATG wrote:

Yeah, that was a bit of a boom then bust resource wasn't it?
It kind of developed what we refer to it here in the states as the West Cost.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6463|Connecticut
ATG---you forgot the death tax. Just throwing it out there.
Malloy must go
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6517|the best galaxy
death tax? How do You paid? Do they come knocking on the coffin? shite.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard