Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Horseman 77 wrote:

Its getting surreal. I find I have to use that word a lot lately, I need a thesaurus, (sp )
Still, I guess its cool to trash Christianity over the acts of a few people. Just don't try it on any other religion.

Its a big country and you can find a group preaching or protesting anything you want to.

I am sure the is a " Save our Native Bats ( their so cute ) Group "  somewhere in the USA

My point is, if they clear all that crap up I am pretty confident this kid will find something else to pout or act smug about.

I have been reading the  Quran or  Koran during my time on the Train. I really had to look hard to find an English version that wasn't

" reinterpreted to show me the Real meaning ".

So far I don't see this " Kill all non Muslims " passages everyone refers to.

ps Muslims are not the only religion to have a word for anyone who isn't " one of them. "

I wonder if the secret police are stalking me now that I have this little book?

its as Boring as a bible.
We've done it to Muslims...

You are right, however. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES DID MUHAMMED SAY ANYTHING THAT ALLOWS THE KILLING OF NON-MUSLIMS.

The terrorists, I repeat, are not using the original Koran. They are using the interpretation of the interpretation of the interpretation of the Koran.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
section9
+9|6818|USA

Erkut.hv wrote:

Hecklers harass families of US soldiers killed in Iraq
Mar 12 7:21 AM US/Eastern

Phelps said he and his congregants are targeting the funerals because God's way of punishing an "evil nation" of "fags and fag enablers" is to "pick off its children."

"I don't have any sympathy for these parents. They're all going to hell," Phelps said. "The family's in pain because they haven't obeyed the Lord God."
Just who do these people think they are the master race? Where's the compassion and love? you know what I think? they are obviously full of shit. With all the recent church burnings lately how did theirs get missed? chances are people who try and decide to is going to hell as if they were gods mercy are most likely going to wind up there unexpectedly themselves. They should make a reality show so we can all see how we should be living our lives. They must really have that whole gods love and mercy thing down not to mention proper lifestyle choices and techniques. Yea I'd really like to know where I went wrong.......Gods way like they know pfffffft.

Last edited by section9 (2006-03-18 17:16:16)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If God was really punishing the US for tolerating homosexuality in this manner, casualties would equate more with France in WW1. These are the kind of religious quacks I despise. I think it's just an excuse for them all to get stoned and go make fools of themselves for newspapers' benefits.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-18 18:21:18)

Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If God was really punishing the US for tolerating homosexuality in this manner, casualties would equate more with France in WW1. These are the kind of religious quacks I despise. I think it's just an excuse for them all to get stoned and go make fools of themselves for newspapers' benefits.
They get money too.

They probably don't really believe it, but do it becuase they're greedy for the money.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
People + Religion = Bad , people will allways twist something to suit their own needs. With all the different interpretations its no wonder that the simple minded get confused.

Maybe someday everyone will realize what a bad idea it is to lead their lives by blind faith to something they are not even sure exisits.

Imagine the horror of wasting a lifetime on something that wasn't true...very sad indeed.

As for our troops, come home safe.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

TrollmeaT wrote:

People + Religion = Bad , people will allways twist something to suit their own needs. With all the different interpretations its no wonder that the simple minded get confused.

Maybe someday everyone will realize what a bad idea it is to lead their lives by blind faith to something they are not even sure exisits.
Despite the bad, I think that there is more good. Or do you want world culture to turn entirely into the Ferengi?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-18 19:28:20)

Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6675|Central Valley,California
Well this Phelps guy is a pure idoit. In the Holy Bible it says that God loves all. So he's saying kill gays in God's name? I don't think so man. Though in parts of the Bible it talks about homosexuality being bad, but theres a crapload of conterversey of that. Personally, be who you are and don't listen to idoits who don't even know crap about the Bible.
+ds2hanny76
+0|6585
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps#Alleged_abuse_and_abusiveness
this is a look into to this retards past now tell me how's going to hell
rotflmao
this guy is an idiot
+ds2hanny76
+0|6585
isn't it allowed to be gay in the muslim relion also??????? so it's his church versus the world. i like the odd's
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Somehow I think this guy is pulling off a big publicity stunt.

He just has pulled this off too smartly to not realise how hypocritical he is.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard