usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

ok, so now that we are at the midway point int he season, what grade do you give your team? (A,B,C,D, or F)

I give the Blue Jackets a "B" for various reasons.  One main reason is their two starting goalies from the beginning of the year are no longer on the active roster.  They had to start a rookie for every single game who started like two AHL games and had surgery on both knees.  But I give them a B because I thought they would be out of playoff contention by now tbh.
SealXo
+309|6506
I give the ducks a C- beacuse they lose to the islanders the worst team ever. theyve been on a losing streak but after the allstar break and they get selanne back from his cut i think they will bounce back bobby ryan = rookie of the year

doesn't matter though because they will still go to the playoffs and san jose is uncatchable

oh and i also give them a C because JS Giguere is garbage. Hiller is way better and Bryzgalov is better than both of them and they let him go to resign Giguere whos best days are clearly behind him.

Last edited by SealXo (2009-01-22 17:41:03)

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478
C for the blues because they are in dead last in the West, despite being ahead of 5 teams in the East.  They have been mashed by injuries to there top players, but their rookies are getting good ice time, and they even managed to beat the Bruins the other night
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Islanders - A+

Why? Because they've successfully insured themselves John Tavares or Victor Hedman for next season. That, in my eyes, is a success.

SealXo wrote:

I give the ducks a C- beacuse they lose to the islanders the worst team ever.
Funny...I'd say our 4 straight Stanley Cups/Years of success > the Ducks in every way.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-01-22 18:17:49)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
Boston Bruins - I may be biased since I'm a huge Bruins fan but I still think it's fair to say they deserve an A. Even while missing several key players, they still have the top spot in the east. However, watching their past couple of games have been scary. You can tell the injuries are catching up to them but I think they'll be fine with the extended all-star break right now. As of now they are missing Lucic (should be back within a week or two), Ference (should also be back within a couple of weeks), Kessel (probably out for a month), Bergeron (might come back before the season's end) and Sturm (done for the year). I remember watching the pre-game report for the Bruins game last night and they said the forwards out combined have something like 48 goals while the players replacing them have a combined 6. Thankfully the defensive core is almost back from all its injuries and the goaltending is top notch.
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6285|Canada BC
Canucks get a an overall B- because they were expected to do horribaly but they are doing aite overall this season but in the last 2 weeks they get a big F- I mean wtf we get Sundin and Loungo back and we do worse than when they both were gone..
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
Devils 1993-2003
A+

Now B-
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Stimey wrote:

Devils 1993-2003
A+

Now B-
Really? I'd give them an A for this season. Everyone always accused them of not being able to do jackshit without Brodeur, and now look at them...top of the Atlantic division.
SealXo
+309|6506

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Boston Bruins - I may be biased since I'm a huge Bruins fan but I still think it's fair to say they deserve an A. Even while missing several key players, they still have the top spot in the east. However, watching their past couple of games have been scary. You can tell the injuries are catching up to them but I think they'll be fine with the extended all-star break right now. As of now they are missing Lucic (should be back within a week or two), Ference (should also be back within a couple of weeks), Kessel (probably out for a month), Bergeron (might come back before the season's end) and Sturm (done for the year). I remember watching the pre-game report for the Bruins game last night and they said the forwards out combined have something like 48 goals while the players replacing them have a combined 6. Thankfully the defensive core is almost back from all its injuries and the goaltending is top notch.
Lol at tim thomas bucking that cans player
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Devils 1993-2003
A+

Now B-
Really? I'd give them an A for this season. Everyone always accused them of not being able to do jackshit without Brodeur, and now look at them...top of the Atlantic division.
Yea but Brodeur is my fave player.
But I do give them much credit for kicking so much ass without him.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Nyr B-
Lynx14
+41|5941
Sharks - A+ Tearing the western conference up.
SealXo
+309|6506

Lynx14 wrote:

Sharks - A+ Tearing the western conference up.
gtfo!
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624

Canadianloser wrote:

C for the blues because they are in dead last in the West, despite being ahead of 5 teams in the East.  They have been mashed by injuries to there top players, but their rookies are getting good ice time, and they even managed to beat the Bruins the other night
I'd give the Blues a B- overall...A+ for effort, D+ for results.

Only 1 team (the Islanders?) has missed more man-games to injury, and when you look at who is injured and the seriousness of most of their injuries (multiple months/the whole season), it's pretty amazing that they aren't doing any worse.  Additionally, the Blues went from one of the "oldest" teams to one of the youngest in terms of average player age, and a good majority of the players are only in their first couple of seasons of play.  Right now, they play with a ton of heart, and they seem to really show up ready to play in games vs. top opponents.

Some people dog on Andy Murray, but I feel like he's coached about as good as can be expected in his situation.  I have no doubt that next season the Blues will surprise a lot of people.  I expect them to go after a goaltender, and that is probably the final piece of the puzzle that they are missing at the moment.  They've rebuilt similarly to what the Blackhawks have done in the past few seasons, and now the Blackhawks are reaping the benefits of having developed a lot of young talent, so I would expect the same with the Blues.

David Backes is becoming my favorite player - he can do it all.  And for those watching the All-star coverage, watch for Patrick Berglund and David Perron in the Young Stars Game - Berglund's a great scorer in the making and Perron a great playmaker.  Not sure if T.J. Oshie will be in that game, but he's been very impressive in the past 10 or so games, and is honestly one of the most well-rounded (offensively and defensively) rookies I have seen in a while.  All in all, the young talent is really exciting, and I think most Blues fans aren't too worried about this season because it's pretty definite that they will be a high caliber, competitive team in the very near future.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
phishman420
Banned
+821|5651
Thrashers - D

Every time I've watched them, we've lost.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

phishman420 wrote:

Thrashers - D

Every time I've watched them, we've lost.
yes, the agree with that.  they kind of stink this year.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada
Calgary Flames, A. they have been kicking ass lately. kinda a slow start, but we are now top in the NW division

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard