Jamalen
+2|6763|Shetland Islands
Well having spent the cash I thought I'd post my first impressions of EF..

It was a PAIN to download, the EAD came up with many many errors while it was downloading, so it took well over an hour instead of the 40 minutes I was expecting..

Once it was downloaded it installed fine, and I connected to BF2 and picked the first "Euro Only" server I could find..

Its.. the same, only with weird maps and vehicles EVERYWHERE... I could move for tanks, APC, Mobile AA and aircraft... These maps where NOT groundpounder freindly..

Great Wall was my favourite of the new maps, as it did something I wasn't expecting... it made the ENGINEER the most feared class in the game, the amount of AT mines around the place was amazing, and with the choke points on the Great Wall it was SAFER to be outside of a tank then in...

All in all it was worth the £5.99 ($10 whatever..) as you get 3 maps that require a complete rethink of tactics, you sure as hell can't do the same think on Smoke Screen that you do in something like Ghost Town..

And I didn't get TK'd once, not for a Tank, or an APC.... and I have seen people TK for a fucking JEEP on Dalin Plant...

-- JamalenUK
thefousteph
+8|6750
I have downloaded fast, installed without assle and played without any problem....my god, do EA/DICE did it right once?!...at least for me!! i saw a couple of "help me about EF" topic

My impression, Nice add. I like 2 of 3 already (smoke screen and Great Wall) the other one, ill give it a chance (looks like a Sniper dream come true!!!)
I like the new chalenger tank!

A good 8 out of 10
Skiutah
+0|6635
Easy for you to say.  I've spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out what EA did wrong with their freak'n software.  I had BF2 and SF's both playable and in the 1.21 patch format.  Tried to install Euro and at first it said that it couldn't, which was odd considering I got it through "EA Downloader"...you know...the program that "EA" gives you to enable a "flawless" download/installation...at least you would think so.  I did have the maps when I would be in BF2, and tried to connect on them in single player just to get a taste.  Guess how that turned out.
   Now, I have installed regular BF2 for about the fifth time tonight, and it won't even let me install my CDRom SF's anymore and I haven't even tried to patch anything yet!?!?!?!?!?!?  I'm so close to saying "screw EA and just playing F.E.A.R or COD2 or hl2, or anyother game that has smart designers behind it.  Personally I think the intro that BF2 does when you load it up to play, instead of saying "Challenge Everything" it should be "We're Mentally Challenged".
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6745
First impression:

The first download fail, i had to download again. 700 MB of my 2GB volume is gone...

The maps: I like the smoke in smokescreen. I like the gread wall. I dont like all the tanks! I played an a 16 player map: ALL ofthem where in tanks! AND there were some more unuseld on the map. I dont know the meanig of that... 1 tank, 2 tanks, 4 tanks... all ok for 16 players... but MORE THAN SIXTEEN?

I'm realy afraid of amored furry... how many tanks will be there?
elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6775|Columbus, Indiana
Easy download and installation for me also, I really enjoy the new maps. I think Operation Smoke Screen would be an awesome map with no planes or helicopters.
Jamalen
+2|6763|Shetland Islands
Yeah, I'm starting to go OFF smoke screen a little, mainly because the side I was on didn't get organised with the Tanks and the other side DID..

So you would drive around a hill and find 4 or 5 enemy tanks waiting for you... I almost crapped myself!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard