NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6347|Atlanta, Georgia
I've got a 200gig Hard drive and i have windows 7 on 1 partition which is 200gig's. Is there a way i could split that partition in half or do i have to reformat my entire hard drive?
ReDevilJR
+106|6356
Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Storage --> Disk Management --> Right Click (C) Drive --> Shrink Volume --> Set what size you want for other space

You probably want to disable system restore, and Page File, and then defragment before you shrink the volume.

Last edited by ReDevilJR (2009-01-20 17:15:29)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

ReDevilJR wrote:

Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Storage --> Disk Management --> Right Click (C) Drive --> Shrink Volume --> Set what size you want for other space

You probably want to disable system restore, and Page File, and then defragment before you shrink the volume.
I dont have storage in the administrative tool section.
TravisC555
+118|6224|Cox Convention Center, OK

NeXuS wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

I dont have storage in the administrative tool section.
Click on Computer Management in the Administrative Tools.
Wallpaper
+303|5999|The pool
You can also try GParted. Burn to disc, boot. Safer AFAIK than doing it in Windows
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

Wallpaper wrote:

You can also try GParted. Burn to disc, boot. Safer AFAIK than doing it in Windows
I've resized partitions from within windows about a gazillion times and never had any problems
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
If i wanted to split it completely in half, then what should i put?

https://www.imagedash.com/uploads/jdv1232504919q.png
ReDevilJR
+106|6356
Shrink it to that, windows for some reason misreads it and thinks you can't partition as much as you really can. Did you disable system restore, page file, and then defragment before doing this?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

ReDevilJR wrote:

Shrink it to that, windows for some reason misreads it and thinks you can't partition as much as you really can. Did you disable system restore, page file, and then defragment before doing this?
Yea i got it all done. Thanks guys.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5934|NY/CT

NeXuS wrote:

If i wanted to split it completely in half, then what should i put?

http://www.imagedash.com/uploads/jdv1232504919q.png
awsm theme :p
did u manage to split it?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
ugh... I split it. Installed xp. Then it failed to boot os. Deleted the new partition and booted up the old one and it failed to. Either i messed up somewhere or i have shit luck. Oh well, atleast i learned what not to do.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5722|Vancouver, BC, Canada

NeXuS wrote:

ugh... I split it. Installed xp. Then it failed to boot os. Deleted the new partition and booted up the old one and it failed to. Either i messed up somewhere or i have shit luck. Oh well, atleast i learned what not to do.
You should be able to boot into something...

The MBR might've gotten corrupted(2 OS's fighting over who gets to manage the boot sequence)
http://www.tippscout.de/repair-and-rest … _3114.html
Try that^^

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard