Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
This is the final day of the Bush administration.

So, final questions for you all.

- Did you like support George Bush in 2000? 2004?
- Do you believe he should have won in 2000?
- Do you believe his response to 9/11 was the right thing to do?
- Do you believe his dealing with (and subsequent invasion of) Iraq was the right path?
- How do you feel about his dealing with the situation in Israel/Palestine?
- How do you feel about his response to Hurricane Katrina?
- How did you feel about his cabinet members? Condoleeza Rice, Michael Chertoff, Henry Paulson, etc.
- Do you blame George Bush for the economy's current state?
- On a scale of 1/10, what would you rate George Bush's 8 years as POTUS?
- What could he have done better, and how?
- Any other comments on his administration?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6737|Cambridge (UK)

Poseidon wrote:

No.

Poseidon wrote:

No.

Poseidon wrote:

No.

Poseidon wrote:

- Do you believe his dealing with (and subsequent invasion of) Iraq was the right path?
No.

Poseidon wrote:

He was about as crap as most of the rest of the western world pussy-footing around with Israel because they're a Jewish state.

Poseidon wrote:

I don't think a different president would have made much difference on the day, but after the fact, he was a total nob.

Poseidon wrote:

- How did you feel about his cabinet members? Condoleeza Rice, Michael Chertoff, Henry Paulson, etc.
Meh.

Poseidon wrote:

No.

Poseidon wrote:

Don't understand question, please rephrase. (thanks reaper)

Poseidon wrote:

Everything and by being someone else.

Poseidon wrote:

Nope.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2009-01-19 21:43:20)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

-Yes and yes (Gore and Kerry, r u srs?)
-Yes and he did
-At the time yes, in hindsight (which is always 20/20), of course not
-I'm not sure it was the right path, but I'm not sure what else could be done
-I don't know (not educated enough about that subject)
-Didn't he go on a vacation like days after it? Pathetic to say the least
-I guess they were good choices, but I don't know enough to pass judgement
-Absolutely not, it was going to happen regardless of who was in office
-6/10
-Not sure, but that's a whole other discussion
-Other comments: You've got to give props to Bush. Over the past 8 years we've entered and entirely new era, and he's had to deal with a lot. Plus, with the massive growth of the internet and mass media, he's been under more scrutiny and hyper-attention than anyone before him. And even though he wasn't the greatest prez and has the shittiest ratings ever, I'm not sure if Gore or Kerry could've done much better.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

YES! Another Bush thread.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Kmarion wrote:

I was waiting for a comment like that.

I just figured seeing as how it's the final day of his administration, people would like to wrap up their thoughts.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

Poseidon wrote:

Support? No. 2000? No.

Response to 9/11, no. Went after Saddam rather than Osama? Foolish imo.

Iraq was good intentions, (in the end). For too long it was about WMD's which were non existent. Only after the fact did the war become to free the Iraqi's from terrorist recruiters.

Israel/Palestine speaks for itself. No peace achieved. Rocket attacks continued. Israel's response has become more heavy handed.

Katrina was something I feel he could have done much better. Even if the Repub supporters here say he was encumbered by state laws, he is the President. It is within his power to take authoritative command and mobilze the national guard to respond to such an emergency.

His cabinet ministers have all had their flaws. I can't name one who hasn't back flipped or let down the party in their own way. If anyone is to be commended for their efforts, I can't see who. Other than General Petraeus, but you can't class him as a cabinet member.

I partly blame Bush for the current US economy. If the Senate Democrats are to blame, surely the trillions of dollars spent on the war on terror contributed to the faltering US economy.

3. He never represented the best America has to offer. He never acted Presidential in my mind.

What could he have done better? Spend tax dollars more wisely. Global warming was ignored for the most part. Schooling is failing. Every kid left behind turned out to just be a catch phrase with no substance.

Other comments? No. I don't think history will judge him any differently.

Bear in mind this is coming from a left wing poster (as if you couldn't tell).
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I was waiting for a comment like that.

I just figured seeing as how it's the final day of his administration, people would like to wrap up their thoughts.
Iraq too far, Afghanistan not enough, Katrina not his job, personal liberties/states rights-he fucked them.. there .. all done
Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616
- Did you like support George Bush in 2000? 2004?hmm maybe 2000, 2004 no
- Do you believe he should have won in 2000? yea
- Do you believe his response to 9/11 was the right thing to do? no
- Do you believe his dealing with (and subsequent invasion of) Iraq was the right path? no
- How do you feel about his dealing with the situation in Israel/Palestine?I doubt any president would do any better
- How do you feel about his response to Hurricane Katrina? awful
- How did you feel about his cabinet members? Condoleeza Rice, Michael Chertoff, Henry Paulson, etc. awful
- Do you blame George Bush for the economy's current state? not him since he is a puppet people around him, who tell him what to do
- Any other comments on his administration? FAIL
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

Poseidon wrote:

-Didn't care in 2000, liked him in 2004 (I regret that now)
-Hindsight is 20/20... I don't think Gore woulda been much better though
-Yes
-No
-Bad. They still hate each other. Then again, I doubt anyone can really change that.
-Terrible.
-They were alright. Colin Powell is awsm.
-Sort of... I blame Congress as well.
-4/10... we haven't been attacked since 9/11 and the anthrax attacks, and he's done some nice stuff regarding the environment
-He should have stuck to the things he said during his 2000 campaign instead of letting his pals influence him
-I don't hate him or hold ill will toward him. He was a man unfit for politics who got he most powerful seat, and as such he was easily influenced by folks like Rove.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Katrina was something I feel he could have done much better. Even if the Repub supporters here say he was encumbered by state laws, he is the President. It is within his power to take authoritative command and mobilze the national guard to respond to such an emergency.
It is the states job to request it. The President CAN NOT preemptively send in the national guard without a request. People died and suffered needlessly due to state and local government. FEMA is not responsible for preparations, they are not a first response organization, and they are not there to fix levies. BDS has got people giving the most responsible free rides. Sad really, everyone's an expert now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It is the states job to request it. The President CAN NOT preemptively send in the national guard without a request. People died and suffered needlessly due to state and local government. FEMA is not responsible for preparations, they are not a first response organization, and they are not there to fix levies. BDS has got people giving the most responsible free rides. Sad really, everyone's an expert now.
A lot of the blame goes to the severely incompetent Ray Nagan... He had 4 days of advanced warning to get everyone out... He got out...
forgot the rest... oops
and I am glad it's 12:01... no more blaming Bush... he's retired...

I am optimistic but nervous about Obama... he hasn't done much in his career(not a slam...just an observation) He may be amazing though...
if he can keep pelosi/reid and frank under control... the real axis of evil...lol...
Love is the answer
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA

Poseidon wrote:

Yes and Yes.

Poseidon wrote:

Yes

Poseidon wrote:

Yes

Poseidon wrote:

Military access yes, how he handled it afterward No.  Their should had been 400,000 troops their and we would had been out 2 years ago.

Poseidon wrote:

Fine, I just wish the Israeli's kept investing in tactical laser technology that could shoot the rockets out of the sky and brokered an agreement with Egypt with the smuggling earlier.

Poseidon wrote:

Mediocre.  After 9/11 everyone should had prepared more.  The local and state agencies should had done more.  The civil engineers warned the levees for decades.

Poseidon wrote:

I think they did a fine job.

Poseidon wrote:

No.  There are alot of people who didn't see this coming or ignored the signs.  I understand why he tried to prop up the economy for as long as he did, but as his father learned, "Its the economy stupid."

Poseidon wrote:

6/10 (7.5 if he didn't vote for the stimulus plan).

Poseidon wrote:

See above.  I think more regulation on the banking industry (0-interest loans should never have been allowed).

Poseidon wrote:

I wish the first 6 years when there was a majority of Republicans in congress they were more like the 1994 Republicans...instead many moderate Republicans spent like drunken sailors and didn't do enough fiscally.  Head should role for the current financial crisis instead the current congress with Bush's approval are giving these banks $700 billion that my generation is going to have to pay.  If he vetoed that I would be happier.

One thing that you really have to give props to Bush is keeping us safe since 9/11.  I just hope Obama can do the same.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

A lot of the blame goes to the severely incompetent Ray Nagan... He had 4 days of advanced warning to get everyone out... He got out...
forgot the rest... oops

I am optimistic but nervous about Obama... he hasn't done much in his career(not a slam...just an observation) He may be amazing though...
if he can keep pelosi/reid and frank under control... the real axis of evil...lol...
They re-elected chocolate city man.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687

Kmarion wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

forgot the rest... oops

They re-elected chocolate city man.
common sense... sold separately...lol
Love is the answer
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Couldnt agree more!!! Thanks Kmarion for bringing this up!

The local government/state Govenor of Lousiana dropped the ball BIGTIME!!! Not Bush's fault at all!! When the feds were called in to help, they did a good/decent job of helping local law enforcement/gov services administer help.  Those who blame Bush for Katrina have no clue what the federal governments role is regarding intervention during individual state disasters.  The govenor of the state has to authorize/ask for help, the feds cant just barrel in like they could if we were a monarchy. 

Over time history will not look down at Bush as hard as people look down on him now. I guarantee that!!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Bush didn't give off the right "image".. but in terms of what could actually been done to prevent, not his fault. I had a friend who was working for FEMA at the time. He told me that they couldn't give away money fast enough. Everyone who lives on the gulf coast knows that the key to saving lives is what you do before the storm.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
'No' on everything.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT
Its still the 19th, but I'll answer.

Poseidon wrote:

No.

No.

In principle, it was proper, although the execution was lacking in some regards.

I thought the invasion was neutral in terms of necessity; justification was fine if they hadn't pulled out the WMDs as the only reason, and changed it multiple times thereafter. The war was handled horribly after Saddam fell, as ignoring Shinseki and disbanding the Iraqi army were misguided, though. Overall, it finally has begun giving the Iraqis some semblance of security, but it should have been achieved in 2006, not in 2009.

It was fine.

It could have been better, but some blame must be placed on the local and state governments.

Some were good, some should never have been appointed.

Not completely.

2-4, dependent on the next 10 years.

Listened to different advisers, appointed different people, communicated better, have striven a bit to improve global image.

Many people think it will be one of the worst in history, but Iraq and Afghanistan will be the final determinants of his legacy. If they fail, he will be seen as the worst, but people will be more favorable if the two wars are successful.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

Bush's legacy in subSaharan Africa is and probably will be forever overlooked. He did an incredible amount of good there.

(But of course he doesn't like black people)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

Kmarion wrote:

Bush's legacy in subSaharan Africa is and probably will be forever overlooked. He did an incredible amount of good there.

Stop butting in and take the questionnaire, silly.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Stop butting in and take the questionnaire, silly.
I took the abbreviated version,, it's up there.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
He'll have the same textbook legacy as any other president.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6572|132 and Bush

It is going to be cold tomorrow in DC. Hopefully Barry won't follow in Henry Harrison's footsteps.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Unless the big O is planning to speak for two hours, I doubt it will be a problem.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526

Didn't really have much of an opinion in 2000. I vehemently despised him by 2004.

Hard to say.

No.

Not at all.

He basically did absolutely nothing and let Israel get away with more than they ever had in the past, even acknowledging the 'reality on the ground' of illegal settlements - never acknowledged before by a US president.

As I expected - poorly.

Condi is intelligent but misguided. Many of the rest were pernicious partisan neo-conservative imperialist hacks or retardo-Christians. I hated them.

It's not all his fault. I don't think it's even mostly his fault.

1/10

I'll post later.

I'll post later.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-20 00:48:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard