Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

jord wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

jord wrote:

Actually it's spot on.
Learn how to play like http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OeT_UlSY2kQ in under an hour. It takes months to be even close to that good.
And if he got killed a few times by a GL I'm sure he'd be having a nice little moan, as is the case with most "pro" players. God forbid anyone use anything other than the generic ak47/m16.
Unlikely. And you have studied the full spectrum of "pr0" players so you would know their reactions. GLs are part of matches, whining just makes you play worse. It's called the AK101 as well, we use those weapons because they belong to the medic kit, the only kit really needed in inf matches.
#rekt
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6103|Scotland!

jord wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

jord wrote:

Actually it's spot on.
Learn how to play like http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OeT_UlSY2kQ in under an hour. It takes months to be even close to that good.
And if he got killed a few times by a GL I'm sure he'd be having a nice little moan, as is the case with most "pro" players. God forbid anyone use anything other than the generic ak47/m16.
"pro" players generally always use GL at least once during a 5v5 infantry match
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

I'm Jamesey wrote:

jord wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

"pro" players generally always use GL at least once during a 5v5 infantry match
Especially playing USMC side on Sharqi 16
#rekt
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6708|Great Wall
I used to be a decent noob tuber (and experienced). Assault was my primary/favourite class in clan matches.. Medic was 2nd favourite

Fun weapon to use.

A bit of my noob tubing is here lol (old October 2006 video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-_z9M3 … annel_page

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2009-01-13 15:07:05)

simmy.uk
+117|6408

Drunk_Musketeer wrote:

I used to be a decent noob tuber (and experienced). Assault was my primary/favourite class in clan matches.. Medic was 2nd favourite
I remember playing against you on warlord loads of times. EA Killin Fields server I think it was called...that server is no more right? You still playing BF2?

I don't care what anyone says, to hit with the gl from afar takes skill. PPL get pissed from being killed by gl because they cant do anything to defend themselves. That and Eryx kills ppl always moan about. The blast radius of gl is not as big as it once was.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6708|Great Wall
Nah.. I'm not playing.. I may try soon though as I'm bored of all other games I've got lol

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2009-01-13 15:39:51)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
Jord, when did you last play BF2?  I'm sure whatever game you adore right now has the same type of shit.

M16 + M203 is much fun, since the blast radius is so small, you have to be spot on.

"noob tubing" is using the M203 in Shipment Hardcore in CoD4.  That takes no skill at all, point in general direction of the enemy, shoot, they die.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
GL helps alot in matches, lets say a flag has a small cap radius, pop a gl in there and bam you cleared the flag, and might even help your team win the round.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6298

jord wrote:

but that's what happens when the game has the learning curve of PacMan and can be played by anyone in less than an hour.
http://bf2s.com/player/141092744/

Orly jord?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5659|Notts, UK

Im_Dooomed wrote:

jord wrote:

but that's what happens when the game has the learning curve of PacMan and can be played by anyone in less than an hour.
http://bf2s.com/player/141092744/

Orly jord?
stats that are worse than mine? lolwat
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6485|montreal, quebec

baggs wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

The gl actually takes some skill to use
Does not at CQC, maybe if you are doing it from 40+ meters yes, but otherwise, no. Even still, it takes a small amount of time to master.
Cant say how far he was, but i figured around 140m  away since SAS flag is further in base

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr303/StPoK/screen394-1.png
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I don't see how you can complain about grenade launchers or eryx etc think about it the grenade launcher is the only thing an assault class has over a medic even then its worse because medic class has better assault rifles and revive and heal kits etc more kills and more points
And eryx is about the only thing anti tank has worth using I don't see why anyone should ever moan about getting killed by either eryx or grenade launcher I have never seen anyone with either of them weapons at the top of kill list
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6149|Wisconsin

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I don't see how you can complain about grenade launchers or eryx etc think about it the grenade launcher is the only thing an assault class has over a medic even then its worse because medic class has better assault rifles and revive and heal kits etc more kills and more points
And eryx is about the only thing anti tank has worth using I don't see why anyone should ever moan about getting killed by either eryx or grenade launcher I have never seen anyone with either of them weapons at the top of kill list
Yeah but its so damn annoying if someone shoots the ground remotely close to you with a grenade launcher and kills you  in close combat...
JoshP
Banned
+176|5659|Notts, UK

Luigi wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Yeah but its so damn annoying if someone shoots the ground remotely close to you with a grenade launcher and kills you  in close combat...
which is why it's a good kit to play for funnies

especially when you got spoofed to a 4star
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
But its only a few random close kills, I know what you mean though it doesnt take much skill to use up close but I dont find it annoying because anything but up close, most kits have a good chance of killing them- I find medics most annoying especially if you are as asault and they are just standing behind a wall full of medic bags popping their head out, then healing themselves etc medic vs assault seems to me like a sort of cheat in a way not only can they heal themselves but they get the better guns as well, what would be 100x better is if the assault class had the G36E+Grenade launcher, L85A1 etc and medics had G3 and some other gun with no GL I think it would make it much more balanced as apart from a sniper which is a different stlye of play, for infantry only you cant really get better than the medic kit for points and kills
Nihil
+15|5776|Malaga, Spain
People get upset when they die from GL hits because they can't handle the fact that they chose the medic kit on the basis that it is overpowered, yet still they lose. They are thinking "Wtf!? I pick the easiest kit with infinite health and a G36E, yet still you have the audacity to kill me? I AM ENRAGED!!!"

Which is quite understandable, if you look at it from their perspective. Some people will always try to pick the cheapest kit to play, so it galls them to find that there is no monopoly on cheapness in BF2.

Generally though, the reputation the GL has for cheapness is undeserved, and you mostly find that the amateurish players that use it to kill you at point blank range are one trick ponies that can't do anything else, hence they are not actually dangerous and they die more often that they kill. I on the the other hand have a decent ratio with the GL (http://bf2s.com/player/132569658/) because I know when to use it and when not to use it, although I am far from mastering the tricky tube.

Last edited by Nihil (2009-01-18 16:36:37)

JoshP
Banned
+176|5659|Notts, UK

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

But its only a few random close kills, I know what you mean though it doesnt take much skill to use up close but I dont find it annoying because anything but up close, most kits have a good chance of killing them- I find medics most annoying especially if you are as asault and they are just standing behind a wall full of medic bags popping their head out, then healing themselves etc medic vs assault seems to me like a sort of cheat in a way not only can they heal themselves but they get the better guns as well, what would be 100x better is if the assault class had the G36E+Grenade launcher, L85A1 etc and medics had G3 and some other gun with no GL I think it would make it much more balanced as apart from a sniper which is a different stlye of play, for infantry only you cant really get better than the medic kit for points and kills
wall of text, tl;dr
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5805|Australia

simmy.uk wrote:

Why does everyone call it the noob tube? The gl actually takes some skill to use
another classic indirect troll
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6112
I barely ever get killed by the gren launcher so I don't really care.  Back in the day when the GL had the blast radius of an atom bomb and 99.3% of people played assault, now THAT was some shit worth complaining about.  But those days are over.  Half of the time I just jump when I see someone about to fire a GL, and they've got to hit perfectly to get the kill.  Even at close range, most people will miss and, as a result, get a face full of my bullets.  Even if they do kill me, compared to some cunt spamming 20 grens into a spawn point/alleyway/flag, it's not a bad way to go.

I do recognise that the GL nerf didn't solve the 2 foot shot problem, but is it honestly worth getting annoyed about?  It definitely takes skill to operate the GL at anything approaching mid range, too (a different skill to aiming a crosshair more or less directly at a target and firing)

People get upset when they die from GL hits because they can't handle the fact that they chose the medic kit on the basis that it is overpowered, yet still they lose. They are thinking "Wtf!? I pick the easiest kit with infinite health and a G36E, yet still you have the audacity to kill me? I AM ENRAGED!!!"
Pretty much spot-on, IMO.
Acme1234
+62|6080|Melbourne, Australia
Can't stand players who use the GL as primary, then resort to trying to shoot their gun. But it does require some skill these days, compared to before they nerfed it. There so easy to jump now, and the splash does fuck all.

Last edited by Acme1234 (2009-01-18 19:19:14)

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5970|Aberdeen, Scotland

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Seriously, learn to use sentences + paragraphs...

Personally, I think it would make more sense to give the medic pistol only, or rifle with no grenades whatsoever; that would promote some actual teamwork, rather than mindless nadespam and revive fests.

I did used to be a medic whore too, but I find it boring now. Also few people know how beastly the pistol is, so it would make those who know how to use it the top medics, and noone could bitch about g36e
BioHazardMerc1
+15|5555|Canada

MrAnderson wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Seriously, learn to use sentences + paragraphs...

Personally, I think it would make more sense to give the medic pistol only, or rifle with no grenades whatsoever; that would promote some actual teamwork, rather than mindless nadespam and revive fests.

I did used to be a medic whore too, but I find it boring now. Also few people know how beastly the pistol is, so it would make those who know how to use it the top medics, and noone could bitch about g36e
I agree, these g36e are really annoying even if I don't have that unlock, 3-6 bullets on a guy and he's dead.
They should put only one nade so no one would use all the 4 and when you are in a 48player's server or 64, you can get 96 to 128 nades from a side and it is really boring.
Same for nubetubes, but they sould only put 2 in assault's kit so you really need to control yourself when using it.
simmy.uk
+117|6408
At the end of the day it's just a game. Some ppl take it way too seriously.
Do whatever you want to do. If ppl moan, then point and laugh, then feel pity.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6169|Daqing Oilfields?

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

GL helps alot in matches, lets say a flag has a small cap radius, pop a gl in there and bam you cleared the flag, and might even help your team win the round.
This is true. I've spawned Sniper and SVD raped during 8v8 scrims on fast mover only maps (like CAL Oman). I rarely play Assault during anything other than in matches/scrims. The other thing is anti tank on the same type of map if you can sraw/eryx well. Take out SL's in fast movers easily and provides a no revive possibility kill on inf, especially the SL. Thing is with these two weapons, we're talking about ff on.

When you get a retard running around on FF Off pubs shooting either at their feet to kill in cqc, it's just sad. If you have to play that cheap (or try that hard for that matter) in a pub  to get a 1:1 kdr you should probably uninstall.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard