Hakei
Banned
+295|6007

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

Hakei wrote:

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

Soloing is easier then Pilot + Gunner combo.
Well that's a stupid thing to say.
It is dumb ass.  If you know how anyway.  Kev would rape every single team in TWL, 1 v 2.  But TWL won't allow soloing because it's too easy.  Unless the other team agrees to it and etc, but that's not the potin.
So because you claim one player could beat any team 1v2, therefore it's easier for every single person to solo instead of having a chopper crew?

You can't base a theory on one person's achievements.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6393|the land of bourbon
this thread makes me laugh for one reason that i cant figure out.  everyone talks about how skilled all the twl and cal players are, but everything is played in such a controlled environment... no jets, no AA, nothing but you versus another heli team... and i'm sure there are shitloads of other rules for these leagues. 

now i'm not knocking the people who play in this, because that's just what they want to do... they have fun, good for them... but what bothers me are people who just laugh off pubbers because they have "no skill" and can't be taken seriously because they dont play in the "pro leagues."  tbh, you can gtfo with that rhetoric, because everything about these leagues protects people from other elements of the game that make it hard.

i can specifically remember having a good match against one of these "pros" who continued to cry the whole round because the j10s were not letting him get good shots on me.  he ended up leaving with the attitude that he was wasting his time.  thats just fucking retarded.  obviously playing in a pub has an element of difficulty and unpredictability that just isn't present in the controlled leagues.  so before you elitists talk your smack and look down on the pubbers, i guarantee the best talent is still playing in some pub somewhere, raping face and owning everything... just because they don't play in a league doesn't mean shit, it just means they dont play in a league.  get over yourself.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
GameOver
+14|6274|Hungary

SamFisher199 wrote:

Dont know if there are any 'famous' heli pilots or gunners, but me and jamesdownes on dalian = unbeatable.
That can be said virtually about anybody who flies with him. That guy is simply fcking awesome.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6210|Daqing Oilfields?

steelie34 wrote:

this thread makes me laugh for one reason that i cant figure out.  everyone talks about how skilled all the twl and cal players are, but everything is played in such a controlled environment... no jets, no AA, nothing but you versus another heli team... and i'm sure there are shitloads of other rules for these leagues. 

now i'm not knocking the people who play in this, because that's just what they want to do... they have fun, good for them... but what bothers me are people who just laugh off pubbers because they have "no skill" and can't be taken seriously because they dont play in the "pro leagues."  tbh, you can gtfo with that rhetoric, because everything about these leagues protects people from other elements of the game that make it hard.

i can specifically remember having a good match against one of these "pros" who continued to cry the whole round because the j10s were not letting him get good shots on me.  he ended up leaving with the attitude that he was wasting his time.  thats just fucking retarded.  obviously playing in a pub has an element of difficulty and unpredictability that just isn't present in the controlled leagues.  so before you elitists talk your smack and look down on the pubbers, i guarantee the best talent is still playing in some pub somewhere, raping face and owning everything... just because they don't play in a league doesn't mean shit, it just means they dont play in a league.  get over yourself.
I've found the competition in 8v8 trying to solo is a step up from pubs-sure, no jets is fine, but it's not like dodging them is hard. You have tanks and APCs that have thousands of hours in their shit and know everything, a 5 man squads with 2 cars raining fire through a chain link fence on you (can't hit them) and 2 AT guys firing at you and arty on your pad if you die...the average 8v8 soloist will rock a pub, because the average team won't have plans for when the enemy chopper is raping.

Sure, there's no AA or jets in a 2v2, but the enemy gunner is going to be insane-you're up against someone that can hit you when they can't see you from the first click and although you can do the same you don't have much breathing room-if you pop up above a cistern you have a high probability of getting tved even if you go back down right away to where you were. It's not half as easy as you make it out to be and in all honesty being a pub hero if you will doesn't mean shit as far as skill goes. I did nothing but pubs for 2 years and now I can do what I thought was a "good round" with my monitor off in Wake for example.

Additionally, 2v1 isn't a joke. If you're flying for retards that don't know what they're doing then maybe, but the job of a pilot can't be taken away. 1v1's with two good people are retarded because it's literally whoever goes for a shot and they most likely get blocked or dodged, giving the other soloist a blind shot from a recovering cobra/z10 that's got no cover. A pilot can be facing a cistern, turn a little off to the side to give the gunner a shot, and then go back staying hidden. The gunner can curve around and hit the enemy chopper or at least spec it. It's harder to hide solo while taking shots because at the height you're at, tving means coming exposed from whatevers protecting you and when you're out of the tv screen you have no time to dodge. If you think any soloist can take a "pro" chopper crew, pm me.

This is the type of shot I'm talking about. This one is an extreme example, but it's close to what I'm saying. Obviously Cynic mac's, but macs aren't aimbots. I've seen idiots that think they make you good try to use them and miss hovering choppers repeatedly. Just like clicking, you have to learn to use them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjv0UZedKo
B3ing u P4in
+4|5974

steelie34 wrote:

On Iron Gator? There are no Jets m8

You re a simply SF-Chopper Pilot.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6393|the land of bourbon

B3ing u P4in wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

On Iron Gator? There are no Jets m8

You re a simply SF-Chopper Pilot.
im not talking about myself at all... i am talking about elitists who say there is no skill in a pub
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned
+22|5709|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Miniman7474 wrote:

I've found the competition in 8v8 trying to solo is a step up from pubs-sure, no jets is fine, but it's not like dodging them is hard. You have tanks and APCs that have thousands of hours in their shit and know everything, a 5 man squads with 2 cars raining fire through a chain link fence on you (can't hit them) and 2 AT guys firing at you and arty on your pad if you die...the average 8v8 soloist will rock a pub, because the average team won't have plans for when the enemy chopper is raping.
Artillery doesn't affect choppers.
Laika
+75|5955
In a given round, chances are my teammates are a bigger detriment to my effectiveness than anything the enemy team can throw at me. Nothing bothers me more than when I get a noob in my chopper at the most critical point in the round.
Miniman7474
Banned.

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

Miniman7474 wrote:

Really?

So the other night when we were raping a base and arty hit us what was that?

When I'm sitting on the pad taking off and I get artyed whats that?

Think then post, think then post, think then post...

The_killer2
hai
+36|6187|North Carolina
I heard this guy named killer is amazing.
The_killer2
hai
+36|6187|North Carolina

Matt^ wrote:

I heard this guy named killer is amazing.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5701|Notts, UK

Matt^ wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

I heard quoting yourself is retarded.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5701|Notts, UK

JoshP wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

I heard quoting yourself is retarded.
SouthernCross
+9|5665|AU-Brisbane
hahahaha

Stroke your penis more lads!
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned

Miniman7474 wrote:

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

Miniman7474 wrote:

Really?

http://bf2pro.20id.org/bf2pro-readme.txt

"- Helicopters are now immune to artillery splash damage"

Eh?

Unless you get hit directly, and that's not likely.

And if you're raping, how did you get hit by arty?  If you're just hovering there..

Last edited by |TG|VividSynergy (2009-01-16 21:13:28)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5943|Somewhere out in Space
Bf2pro is some sort of bastardized version of the game that elitist assholes think makes them better than everyone else, and somehow i dont think he was playing it.
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Bf2pro is some sort of bastardized version of the game that elitist assholes think makes them better than everyone else, and somehow i dont think he was playing it.
The only league that is going to do 8v8 is CAL.

CAL uses BF2Pro.

???
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5943|Somewhere out in Space

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

The only league that is going to do 8v8 is CAL.

CAL uses BF2Pro.

???
[insert last post here, minus what is after the comma]
|TG|VividSynergy
Banned

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

I was responding to that part of your post.

And BF2Pro is just better for competition.  Accept it and move on.  No one is being elitest.
Miniman7474
Banned.

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

Miniman7474 wrote:

|TG|VividSynergy wrote:

Really?

http://bf2pro.20id.org/bf2pro-readme.txt

"- Helicopters are now immune to artillery splash damage"

Eh?

Unless you get hit directly, and that's not likely.

And if you're raping, how did you get hit by arty?  If you're just hovering there..
The first round that dropped hit the cockpit of our chopper head on while we were funneling around the flag at speed. Complete fluke.

And it's not unlikely for arty to nail a chopper on the pad directly. Have had it happen about 6 times this week.

If you think that the changes to BF2 pro for choppers do shit then you don't know what you're talking about. They made it so a single tv won't kill a chopper, only bring it to 1 bar which means it will live on the pad, but there's 2 major flaws:

1. Hitting a chopper on the pad directly at the cockpit is a one hit kill, so you can still pad rape one shot.

2. It just gives the chopper crew a chance to bail and save tickets.

I don't care how many times you've read the manual, it's apparent you haven't played it enough to actually know about BF2Pro. Experience playing it > Reading the manual and watching youtube vids

Last edited by Miniman7474 (2009-01-17 00:07:33)

The_killer2
hai
+36|6187|North Carolina

JoshP wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

I heard people from Notts are retarded.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5701|Notts, UK

Matt^ wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Matt^ wrote:

I herd u fail at comebacks

Last edited by JoshP (2009-01-17 08:36:28)

The_killer2
hai
+36|6187|North Carolina

12/f/taiwan wrote:

So I hurd Matt^ is actually Killer (you know mods, the guy who called orangehound a n*gger and made a thread about it?).
Wow who told you this non sense?
0akleaves
+183|6625|Newcastle UK
eFFe end of
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
zennappi
+3|5596|FINLAND
hmmm..666bmw666 maeby
he is gunner master of tv XD

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard