mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6800|Rotherham, England
I've seen a lot of threads bout stat padding and a lot of threads about repair points.
I dont believe that i only just noticed that if your driving mobile AA, you can just hop into the secondary position and repair your AA without leaving the vehicle, meaning you get repair points.
I'm sure many people already know this as it is so obvious, but i only just realised so i'm sure there are other people who must have not realised aswell.

This method of repair could be used in two ways.
1. Proper, not cheating method by using it when you get damaged to get easy repair points, OR
2. Retarded, shithead, statpadding assholes might use this to their advantage, by intentionally damaging their AA and then hopping in and repairing.

*Just to make this clear, i dont support stat padding, so before anybody complains that is not why i posted. I posted because i feel this may be a valid way to get those repair points up and even maybe to get that pesky expert repair badge.*

(edit for typos)

Last edited by mjw (2006-03-17 10:45:47)

[zulu]steviep831
+6|6674|Florida
I never thought of this and therefore have never done this so no flames for what I am about say.... Frankly, I think that if you get damage to your mobile AA, and you are an engineer, you are going to attempt to repair your vehicle. You might as well get some points for it. It's not like you are very protected in the AA's second position anyways. You're a magnet for bullet and cannon volley. So hey, you might see me on top of my AA fixin' away... and getting points.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6686|Malibu
There is nothing wrong with your new discovery.
Thanks for the tip, I haven't even noticed this either.
Thanks for the new way to get my Veteran Engineer Badge.
risson
+17|6808|Wisconsin
If you hop into the second seat, can you repair?  Aren't you manning the gun?  How do you switch?  Secondly, if it's just you in the AA, and you repair... do you get repair points?  I thought you had to repair while someone else was in it or any other vehicle?

RiSSoN
DSRTurtle
+56|6727
Mobile AA doesn't have a gun in the second position.  It's a free ride for someone from point A to point B on the Map.  The only weapon they have is what is in their hands in that seat. 

Thanks for pointing out another way to legitimately earn repair points. 
Chowley
+1|6727|Ireland
Repairing AA on iron gator is still the way to go tbh. Good idea though, I certainly never thought of it myself. Although the linebacker/tunguska are so slow backing away to a safe spot to repair would probably be a rare opportunity :p.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6800|Rotherham, England
what i was doing was repairing when the small jets were bombing me on maps like daqing, kubra, dragon valley and zatar wetlands. The small jets seem to only ever damage you rather than kill you.
If you have a bomber, coming for you then theres not much you can do.
belikeron
+-1|6674
It is a good idea a bit safer the the alternate, vodnik and hummve which arn't as stout when it comes to bombs, and general damage.
dan500
+57|6888
I do this, and ready to hit F1 when i get shot at.
risson
+17|6808|Wisconsin
So, if you are in the AA by yourself, go to the second seat and start to repair, you will actually get repair points for it?

Hum......

Thanks for the info...

Usually I'm looking for the AA first when in a jet or attack heli... 

RiSSoN
DSRTurtle
+56|6727
Yes you will.  The vehicle has to be occupied to get a repair point,  It doesn't say by who.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6869|Australia
but it would be easier to be a support guy, keeping your self supplied with ammo.
i have 2010 repair points. i get about 5 a round squading up with an apc or a tank, keeping close togeather.
Dcon1|leighto
+23|6662|Australia
yeah and u can do this if u jump into the back of a vodnik or humvee to. they both work.
DSRTurtle
+56|6727

kontrolcrimson wrote:

but it would be easier to be a support guy, keeping your self supplied with ammo.
i have 2010 repair points. i get about 5 a round squading up with an apc or a tank, keeping close togeather.
only 5? I usually have 9 or 10 per round when I'm an engineer the whole round.
WormGuts
+17|6835|Dayton, Ohio

mjw wrote:

I dont believe that i only just noticed that if your driving mobile AA, you can just hop into the secondary position and repair your AA without leaving the vehicle, meaning you get repair points.
I'm sure many people already know this as it is so obvious, but i only just realised so i'm sure there are other people who must have not realised aswell.

This method of repair could be used in two ways.
1. Proper, not cheating method by using it when you get damaged to get easy repair points, OR
2. Retarded, shithead, statpadding assholes might use this to their advantage, by intentionally damaging their AA and then hopping in and repairing.

I posted because i feel this may be a valid way to get those repair points up and even maybe to get that pesky expert repair badge.
I've been using this method with my Engineer kit for quite some time.  While it's made me effective in the mobile AA role i've as yet still not received my expert repair badge.

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Letely i've been becoming frustrated with commanders and support people not helping me refill my small supply of missiles.  This has lead me to using the support kit more to keep my self supplied. 

I suppose the best would be an engi/support tandem hunting in one.

Engi driving so the support can toss ammo, spot and defend vehicle from infantry with the LMG in hand.  When hit the engi can hop out and repair or a trade in seats.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-03-17 18:38:32)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6869|Australia
i find that unless you have a good hiding spot your dead. If you find a good hiding spot then there is no need for an engie, for once your spotted finally your dead.
basicly out in the open, your more likely to bbe chased by infantry and armour. Once you have a hiding spot the only thing hunting you is a jet, and once they find you, its best to just respawn and find a new spot.
noobmurderer
Banned
+1|6666
ty im gonna try this
rofl
<3
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6769|Honolulu, HI
The F2 seat in the AA vehicle is good, but there are many other vehicles that allow this.  The F3 and F4 seats in a HMMWV/Vodnik allow you to be in the vehicle with a wrench out, as does the F2 seat in a RIB.  In any transport helicopter, any non-pilot seat without a machine gun can be repaired from.  There are probably more, but these are the ones I can think of right now.

(The F-number refers to what you should press on your keyboard to sit in that seat in case it's unclear lol)
deject
Got His War On
+37|6815|Golden, CO
you know what would rock?  2 AA's being driven by Engineers and a support riding on one and a medic on the other.  That would rack up points fast, I'd think...
WormGuts
+17|6835|Dayton, Ohio
It should be mentioned that while in the F2 seat of the mobile AA an engi will get repair points for fixing the vehicle.  However, a support person doesn't receive resupplies in the F2 seat (for resupplying the vehicle).  I wonder if this was an oversite on the part of EA/Dice.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-03-18 16:41:36)

Mr.Bowley
+0|6665
On Gulf of Oman, I noticed a boat in the carrier (where they spawn) flipped over. I jumped in and there was an engineer sitting in one of the side seats repairing the boat (upside down). I guess since it was flipped over it was taking small amounts of damage continually. I actually got driver points just for sitting there while he repaired, lol.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6799|06-01

Mr.Bowley wrote:

On Gulf of Oman, I noticed a boat in the carrier (where they spawn) flipped over. I jumped in and there was an engineer sitting in one of the side seats repairing the boat (upside down). I guess since it was flipped over it was taking small amounts of damage continually. I actually got driver points just for sitting there while he repaired, lol.
that, for your information, is stat padding.
Mr.Bowley
+0|6665
Yea I figured as much, especially when he told me to be quiet about it. I ended up getting 2 driver points before I quit, in case you're thinking I sat there for hours watching a guy underwater repair, heh.
Devolant
+3|6678|Sweden
How the fuck do you manage to flip a boat?? jesus.
Defiance
+438|6712

Just like you manage to do a "wheelie" in a boat. With skill

Also, one of the civilian cars in SF will work. That thing is so weak you just drive it around for a while, hop in F2 and repair.

Last edited by Defiance (2006-03-25 12:10:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard