djmh1986
+0|6629|Gloucestershire
Might look like a complete idiot here, but hey i will say it anyway lol

how does that " padding " thing work and what is it? i see loads of people going on about it and and nearly every ranked server frowns apon it. so yea what is it lol

sorry if i sound a complete noob but i want to know!
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6781|AUS, Canberra
its pretty much getting points against the way the game was designed to be played.

do a search around the forums and you will get a 1000 topics on it, explaining all you need to know.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

moved to chatter.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6631
The only time i thought i was padding i was support in the blackhawk and my guys where chucking grenades out the sides i got a ammo point every grenade wasn't my fault but ya i think thats padding.
pndragon26
+23|6697
If they are just throwing them to GET you the resupply points, and there is no enemy around...then its padding, but if they are trying to kill the enemy or force a target to move and you are just resupplying them, No. Thats what you are suppose to do, resupply troops.
chikler
+0|6637|Jimmyhat, Ontario
Padding is like murder 1, has to be premeditated. Thats about the easiest way I can sum it up.

If stuff happens that is "cheap" but done under the correct circumstances, then its good. Least that is my opinion. (ala grenade resupply etc.)
Hyper
Banned
+154|6762

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

The only time i thought i was padding i was support in the blackhawk and my guys where chucking grenades out the sides i got a ammo point every grenade wasn't my fault but ya i think thats padding.
ROE says this is NOT pading
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6664

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

As they said above, that isn't padding, but I know how you feel.  Today, for the first time, I jumped in a chopper as Engineer and, while the gunners blazed away, I repaired the bird every time it was hit with any fire from the ground.  I didn't last TOO long, but I did get like 5 repair points, which is quite a bit considering how frustratingly long it takes to get those on foot.  I felt almost dirty at first and thought "Wait, am I statpadding?" --  but then realized that this is part of good teamwork:  two gunners, a good pilot, an Engineer, and a Resupply for the other passengers to nade/shoot/C4/whatever ad infinitum.  I know nearly everyone here learned that ages ago, but I'm such a ground-pounder that I never bothered with it before.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6673|USA
Premeditation of padding???  Thats like thought crimes. So if it looked like padding but wasn't pre-meditated it isn't?? That'll stop the screenshots from going to EA. As long as in the "padders" head they didn't mean to, it will all work out. Til those ranks/scores are erased.

"oops" "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to knife you 99 times in a row. Oh...and revive you."

"Its ok. As long as it wasn't pre-meditated dear chap!"

"carry-on"
chikler
+0|6637|Jimmyhat, Ontario
removed because i sounded like a dink...

Mr.CobraKai explained its quite well below.

Last edited by chikler (2006-03-17 13:04:54)

Mr.CobraKai
+3|6664

chikler wrote:

Padding is like murder 1, has to be premeditated. Thats about the easiest way I can sum it up.

If stuff happens that is "cheap" but done under the correct circumstances, then its good. Least that is my opinion. (ala grenade resupply etc.)

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Premeditation of padding???  Thats like thought crimes. So if it looked like padding but wasn't pre-meditated it isn't?? That'll stop the screenshots from going to EA. As long as in the "padders" head they didn't mean to, it will all work out. Til those ranks/scores are erased.

"oops" "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to knife you 99 times in a row. Oh...and revive you."

"carry-on"
Mason, you are missing the point entirely.  Premeditation isn't about what you SAY, it is about your mindset at the time of the action.  Chikler is saying that part of being a statpadder is that one KNOWS that he is statpadding when he is doing it.  If you are aware that statpadding is a problem, and you don't want to be a statpadder by principal, it IS possible for you to engage in statpadding behavior without being aware of it.  Case in point:  On Oman once I was a sniper poised on a hill behind the hotel.  Just as I plopped prone and did a scan, I saw an enemy soldier in my scope, and I gave him the ole' what for.  Fifteen seconds later, he spawned again and I smacked him in the noggin again.  Hooray for me!  I'm such a sniper stud!  But, lo and behold, he spawned yet a third time.  Pop goes the cranium.  Three in a row!  Then I realized, as he spawned a fourth time without moving, that the player was probably perched on the loo in the next room, since I waited and waited and the guy didn't move.  Now, what I DID was kill an inactive player three times in a row at his spawn point.  Which is statpadding.  But what I THOUGHT I was doing was being a stud sniper (I should have known better, because that is one thing I am NOT) and killing an enemy soldier as he respawned at a CP that my team was trying to overtake.  That WOULD have been statpadding had I known the guy was inactive.  But I didn't.  And when I realized he was, I moved on.  So although it was the BEHAVIOR of a statpadder, the intention made it NOT stadpadding. (I didn't shoot him again, but someone else owned him twice as I watched.)

This is probably an example of what Chikler meant by premeditation.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6634|Little Bentcock

Mr.CobraKai wrote:

chikler wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

"carry-on"
Mason, you are missing the point entirely.  Premeditation isn't about what you SAY, it is about your mindset at the time of the action.  Chikler is saying that part of being a statpadder is that one KNOWS that he is statpadding when he is doing it.  If you are aware that statpadding is a problem, and you don't want to be a statpadder by principal, it IS possible for you to engage in statpadding behavior without being aware of it.  Case in point:  On Oman once I was a sniper poised on a hill behind the hotel.  Just as I plopped prone and did a scan, I saw an enemy soldier in my scope, and I gave him the ole' what for.  Fifteen seconds later, he spawned again and I smacked him in the noggin again.  Hooray for me!  I'm such a sniper stud!  But, lo and behold, he spawned yet a third time.  Pop goes the cranium.  Three in a row!  Then I realized, as he spawned a fourth time without moving, that the player was probably perched on the loo in the next room, since I waited and waited and the guy didn't move.  Now, what I DID was kill an inactive player three times in a row at his spawn point.  Which is statpadding.  But what I THOUGHT I was doing was being a stud sniper (I should have known better, because that is one thing I am NOT) and killing an enemy soldier as he respawned at a CP that my team was trying to overtake.  That WOULD have been statpadding had I known the guy was inactive.  But I didn't.  And when I realized he was, I moved on.  So although it was the BEHAVIOR of a statpadder, the intention made it NOT stadpadding. (I didn't shoot him again, but someone else owned him twice as I watched.)

This is probably an example of what Chikler meant by premeditation.
yeh ive dun that, but never waited long enuff 2 c if he was active or not, spot and kill that all i did

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard