gunpiss
+19|6694
Yestoday, I was playing on Karkand with USMC. One round, I got an APC from start and drove to hotel started to suppressing MEC infantry.  I found out the commander is super good at artillery and supply strategy.  Wherever we attached, he will send artillery prior to vacuum the area and stage a supply drop nearby. With continues UAV coverage and supply drops, I was able to get a 66 kill with APC  without being killed for a single time in one round.

Any time, I request something, he will response promptly.  Also his artillery target has a very good strategic priority, he will use artillery to blow out those infantry hiding on the roof or areas that are very hard to attack first.

We won the round easily. It is just such a pleasure to play under his commandering.  Supprisingly, he only has a very low rank, I suspect that is a veteran just started a new player ID.
NoS
karma padder
+13|6638|UK
i find it hard to find good squads to command when im commanding. usually they just ignore ya and do their own thing. noobs should realise that if you have a good commander giving out ligit orders then you can easily rack up high scores.
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6701|The Hague, Netherlands
No I've already played with really good squads when commanding ... It's a lot different then when I play with lone wolfs .... You can win a round "easily" when squads are listening to commander cause lots of commander have their skills ...
gunpiss
+19|6694
I agree. If the commander is good, definitely follow his orders. You can get a better kill and team score with it.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6632
humm i always get stuck with the idiots they artilly there own base and put a uav in a usless spot don't know how to scan =/ some fool need not to bother with the commander position
Fretzli
+10|6654|Switzerland
I wouldn't consider such a commander good. He encouraged you to whore, obviously.
NoS
karma padder
+13|6638|UK

Fretzli wrote:

I wouldn't consider such a commander good. He encouraged you to whore, obviously.
how did he whore? he already said that he never died once.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6656

gunpiss wrote:

Yestoday, I was playing on Karkand with USMC. One round, I got an APC from start and drove to hotel started to suppressing MEC infantry.  I found out the commander is super good at artillery and supply strategy.  Wherever we attached, he will send artillery prior to vacuum the area and stage a supply drop nearby. With continues UAV coverage and supply drops, I was able to get a 66 kill with APC  without being killed for a single time in one round.

Any time, I request something, he will response promptly.  Also his artillery target has a very good strategic priority, he will use artillery to blow out those infantry hiding on the roof or areas that are very hard to attack first.

We won the round easily. It is just such a pleasure to play under his commandering.  Supprisingly, he only has a very low rank, I suspect that is a veteran just started a new player ID.
wow you won a round of karkand playing as USMC, pretty rare.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA
i ran into an idiot commander yesterday. the map was Kubra and for half the game our commander stood in the USMC hanger trying to get in the F-15 (which a good pilot was using) he did absolutly nothing, no supplies,arty,uav nothing.

i spawned at the helo pad kuz me and another guy were pwning with the attack chopper. pretty soon here comes our stupid commander trying to get in gunner seat which i was in and we were getting ready to take off. what does he do? trys to jump on top of us and gets tk'ed and yes he punished the pilot.

i hardly ever have a good commander.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Erkut.hv
+124|6747|California
Few things piss me off more when commanding than seeing 15 "unassigned" players.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6656
or 8 squads with one person in each squad
NoS
karma padder
+13|6638|UK

Erkut.hv wrote:

Few things piss me off more when commanding than seeing 15 "unassigned" players.
i agree. i think the commander should be able to issue global orders that everyone on the team would recive. they could be considered low priority / secondary objectives. such as planting explosives, mining roads and repair requests for team mates and commander assets.

Last edited by NoS (2006-03-17 10:48:40)

InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6655|Cumberland, MD, USA
The best commander I've ever met was a guy named "Todenkopf". I met him on an Operation Clean Sweep yesterday. He did so well informing the MEC of where the USMC players were that theMarines only got on the island once, and we wiped them out.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6657|Malibu

Cbass wrote:

i ran into an idiot commander yesterday. the map was Kubra and for half the game our commander stood in the USMC hanger trying to get in the F-15 (which a good pilot was using) he did absolutly nothing, no supplies,arty,uav nothing.

i spawned at the helo pad kuz me and another guy were pwning with the attack chopper. pretty soon here comes our stupid commander trying to get in gunner seat which i was in and we were getting ready to take off. what does he do? trys to jump on top of us and gets tk'ed and yes he punished the pilot.

i hardly ever have a good commander.
Ya I feel your anger.
Some idiot commanders think that killing people as commander will give them more score since if he wins, he will get the 2x of his score. For the announcement to those dumbnuts out there, YOU DO NOT GET ANY SCORE FROM KILLING ANYONE IF YOU ARE A COMMANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't believe me? Go look in the Wiki or any other legitimate BF2 sites, not those noob sites that they claim that they know something.

Get the hell out of the vehicles and stop running around trying to kill people as commander. Leave the fighting to the subordinates and concentrate on commanding.
djmh1986
+0|6630|Gloucestershire
Well its all agreed that good squads and commanders are the way forward. i play as part of a squad with my clan for about 3 hours every night. we often have one clan member as the commander then split the clan into 2 squads. all i can say is it makes battlefield so good to play as all of us are on teamspeak aswwell. so theres like 8 of us on a server all communicating. its the best thing ever!

then u get the rougue squads that mess everything up even when u are giving them orders and typing in caps lock to try and make them follow orders. but still battlefield 2 is the best game ever when u have a good group of people to play with.
Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6671

gunpiss wrote:

So in other words,  he used common sense?  I know its rare these days to play with people that arent cock blazing fucktards,  but if you are gonna command,  thats how you should do it.
Dagger37A
+18|6776|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

or 8 squads with one person in each squad
I would rather have 8 squads with one man each as opposed to 15 lone wolves any day when commanding, at least you can use the trusty old "V" key to scan and inform them where the enemy is attacking/ tell them what base to defend at all costs.

There should never be any lone wolves, you can't get any info besides the UAV and you can't request Arty, supplies or UAV. Even snipers and spec ops should squad up, a good commander will tell you where the bad guys are by using the "V" key.

Oh 1 more thing; USE THE "V" KEY!
KeeblerEOD
+1|6705
i hate it when you are for example a sniper. you are the squad leader, and maybe you have someone in your squad or not, if they are, they are support or spec ops. but the good ole commander sends you an order to go repair something, even though noone in your squad is an engineer. i just get on the voip and tell him to shut up an drop supplies on it. it just gets annoying when they do that.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6684|Australia
The way you command can be only dependent on the team you have.

No amount of orders is going to stop 31 guys from "padding" at the hotel spawn.

Ill give every help available to people actively seeking to cap flags, so that 1 guy running to suburb will get my full attention until he inevitably dies, but in the event he caps it ive done everything to help him, and we've got another point to attack from.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6801|Singapore

InviSniper wrote:

The best commander I've ever met was a guy named "Todenkopf". I met him on an Operation Clean Sweep yesterday. He did so well informing the MEC of where the USMC players were that theMarines only got on the island once, and we wiped them out.
YOu don't need a good commander for that. YOu need to give me the Su-34 and i'll repeatedly spawn camp the airfiled, take out their ONLY AA, and the rest of the MEC team can just sit at Control Center and mop up boats and APCs.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6687|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
NObody ever compliments my commanding

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard