¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6304
Does anyone else think that there is a lot more going on then what meets the eye?

For some reason whenever I watch the news and see press footage of Madof coming and going hounded by the press I get the sense that the way this guy carries himself points to something much bigger.  Like he knows something no one else knows and he is just taking the fall or doing his part for something else.

I don't know but for some reason I just get the idea something isn't right.  The way he acts just doesn't fit with me.  I mean, he is accused of being the mastermind behind a ponsi scheme that has cost investors over $50USD Billion.  He seems to have no remorse, no sense of guilt, almost like he's taking the fall for something and he is walking around with his head high.

Anyone feel the same?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

meh.  rich people not getting richer.  oh well.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

Does anyone else think that there is a lot more going on then what meets the eye?

For some reason whenever I watch the news and see press footage of Madof coming and going hounded by the press I get the sense that the way this guy carries himself points to something much bigger.  Like he knows something no one else knows and he is just taking the fall or doing his part for something else.

I don't know but for some reason I just get the idea something isn't right.  The way he acts just doesn't fit with me.  I mean, he is accused of being the mastermind behind a ponsi scheme that has cost investors over $50USD Billion.  He seems to have no remorse, no sense of guilt, almost like he's taking the fall for something and he is walking around with his head high.

Anyone feel the same?
Cos he'll still be ridiculously rich no matter what they do and because of that he'll get off lightly anyway, the guy has nothing to worry about like a normal person would
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5588

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

Anyone feel the same?
He is at the end of his life and knew it was going to happen eventually. He is taking the fall though for the rest of his company. The logic he is probably using is that up to this point he did good for himself and his family.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
None of these people give a shit, they don't care about what they've done, just how much they'v been able to get away with.
He's had a very good life for the past however many years, his family will have hidden enough stolen money away for them to be more than comfortable for a good few generations.
It'll be a while before he goes to prison, if at all, when he does it'll be comfortable enough, when he gets out it'll be back to the high life.

Its a damn sight better a life than most of the rest of us get, no point being honest I guess.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5588

But there is a silver lining to this.
Abortion groups invested heavily in Madoff. The result, Planned Parenthood is laying off about 20 percent of its staff. Another Madoff investor, the Florida-based Picower Foundation shut down in December. The foundation was worth $1 billion and is one of the top financial backers of pro-abortion groups. The JEHT Foundation gave $24 million to abortion groups as well as the ACLU, also announcing closing its doors in December.
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/mado … 70584.html

/Conservapedia logic
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6648

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

Anyone feel the same?
He is at the end of his life and knew it was going to happen eventually. He is taking the fall though for the rest of his company. The logic he is probably using is that up to this point he did good for himself and his family.
he did it it for himself and his family LOL how much money does he need for his family!!!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5588

blademaster wrote:

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

Anyone feel the same?
he did it it for himself and his family LOL how much money does he need for his family!!!
Apparently a lot. Once things had reached a certain point it took a life all it's own. Couldn't stop the beast from growing at some point (The beast being the company).

Then again like everyone here I could be totally wrong.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
More good news, apparently the Lappin Foundation, which gives jewish kids free trips to Israel, will have to close as all its money and staff 401ks were invested with Madoff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lappin_Foundation

You can't pick and choose your silver lining buddy.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-13 15:59:30)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
The figure of 50 billion is conjecture. A lot of the profits were phoney too and the figure assumes that the number is correct.

Meaning, some people say they put a million in and they were told they doubled their money. The full two million is counted as a loss in the figure when really the truth is a good chunk, but perhaps not all of the original investment will be returned through restitution. He has assets and holdings and they will be liquidaded.

Other than that; shoot the fucker and all his staff.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5588

Dilbert_X wrote:

More good news, apparently the Lappin Foundation, which gives jewish kids free trips to Israel, will have to close as all its money and staff 401ks were invested with Madoff.

Aw I should have put my sarcasm tags on. I spent some time at conservapedia and I find their views and logic on many things amusing. Mainly for their twisted sense of perception.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6496|N. Ireland
Love how he isn't even doing any proper jail time.

Although I did hear a nice little statement: what's the difference between what he did and social security?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6648

ATG wrote:

The figure of 50 billion is conjecture. A lot of the profits were phoney too and the figure assumes that the number is correct.

Meaning, some people say they put a million in and they were told they doubled their money. The full two million is counted as a loss in the figure when really the truth is a good chunk, but perhaps not all of the original investment will be returned through restitution. He has assets and holdings and they will be liquidaded.

Other than that; shoot the fucker and all his staff.
yeah shoot the fucker, should be broadcasted LIVE on CNN lol and all those people who he fucked over should be there to cheer or u get the point he shouldn't be let off the hook that easily.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6764

kylef wrote:

he's out on bail no?  thats how it works till sentencing.  i dunno, havent been really following it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
He's under house arrest and assessed as not being a flight risk or threat to anyone (guess no-ones going to invest money with him just at the mo)
So he gets bail until convicted, which could be many years away, if ever.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-13 16:11:02)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6489|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

usmarine wrote:

kylef wrote:

he's out on bail no?  thats how it works till sentencing.  i dunno, havent been really following it.
Hell, I went to jail for less than that, $50billion and the guy has/will never see a jail cell.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6652

Dilbert_X wrote:

You'd think given all the problems in America, the last thing a charity needs to be created for is to give Jewish kids free trips to Israel...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Uh yeah.
"Its activities reflected the group's mission of "helping to keep our children Jewish, thus reversing the trend of assimilation and intermarriage." "
Free plane flights, anti-assimilation and eugenics, sounds charitable to me

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-13 16:22:52)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6652

And people say Muslims don't do enough to mingle with the rest of society.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its Robert Maxwell all over again, steeling from the little guy, hiding money away, setting up his wife and family.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maxwell
At least he had the decency to kill himself.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6551|San Diego, CA, USA
What's funny is that Social Security is a ponsi scheme as well.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What's funny is that Social Security is a ponsi scheme as well.
Kind of, but backed by a nation's GDP, not by cash already stolen.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

You do have to admire the guy, in a sick twisted way, that he was able to get away with so much and for so long simply because he could find more and more greedy investors.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6627
Could someone explain to me how all of this got around the SEC or even the IRS?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

Could someone explain to me how all of this got around the SEC or even the IRS?
because george Bush didn't give a shit, that's why. He appointed assholes, just like he is. NWO fuckheads.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard