Balok77
+28|6149
Hi there,

Was just browsing the internet when my computer restarted itself. Its now saying I have a Trojan key logger called Win32.Zafi.B. I'm not very good with the computer but I tried running a virus scan while my system was in safe mode but it didn't find anything. I can't access the internet now on my main computer so I'm on the laptop.

Anyone got any tips for getting rid of the bugger?
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
Download Malware bytes.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Avira, Spybot S&D, and Spywareterminator

Last edited by War Man (2009-01-11 13:53:56)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Balok77
+28|6149
Yeah I have that on my computer but it wont run for some reason....
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
Love is the answer
Balok77
+28|6149
I ran bitdefender but it failed to delete it once and after that it couldnt find it.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK
reformat
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

JoshP wrote:

reformat
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Balok77
+28|6149
I was trying to avoid doing that as I'm not really sure how to.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

If the AV can't get rid of it you have 2 options:
1: reformat
2: manually hunt it down, delete the virus and replace any damaged files

option 1 is faster and easier
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Balok77
+28|6149
Right, just ive never done anything like that before. Is it difficult, time consuming, is there anything special i need?
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England

Balok77 wrote:

Right, just ive never done anything like that before. Is it difficult, time consuming, is there anything special i need?
do you have the windows install disk?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Virius...

Virius Aurelius Sparticus

There, I have the name for my new NWN2 character.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-01-11 15:02:19)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

max wrote:

JoshP wrote:

reformat
That.

And Virius lol. That some greek god?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

max wrote:

JoshP wrote:

reformat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformat

This.  Save any important files to a HDD/USB drive, insert your XP/Vista CD, boot to it, and follow onscreen instructions.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
Try running the anti viruses in safe mode.
Balok77
+28|6149
Yeah sorry couldn't really be arsed with grammar last night. Cheers for the help guys. Problem is I don't have a boot disc/install disc. My computer was custom built and came without any of those sort of things. Can you format without a cd?
JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK

Balok77 wrote:

Yeah sorry couldn't really be arsed with grammar last night. Cheers for the help guys. Problem is I don't have a boot disc/install disc. My computer was custom built and came without any of those sort of things. Can you format without a cd?
You can format, yeah. You can't reinstall windows after formatting though (So it's pretty useless)

You're going to need a copy of Windows.
Balok77
+28|6149
Anti virus said it deleted it...it lied

Sufficed to say, this is a shitter

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard