a1911
+0|6645
You write them... they dont understand what your simple problem is...
You explain again and they will give you one of their standard answers....
You insist and they will blame punkbuster or some other external company...
You come back with an email from external company... and those customer service guys with indian names will stop answering!
You call one of the expensive EA customer support lines and pay to listen for 15 minutes how their phone rings and nobody answers!!!!!!
damnnnnnn!!!

Last edited by a1911 (2006-03-16 14:32:42)

ArkAng37
+1|6853|San Antonio, TX
Rgr!
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6797|England
Think yourself lucky to get a reply at all, I emailed them months ago and still no reply
a1911
+0|6645
and then they even ask me in an opinion poll what i think about their customer support.....
armin
+0|6765| Bosnia & Herzegovina
lol was u born yesterday?

I have not seen, yet, in all my time ont eh web and on vcarious BF2 forums, ONE person, satisfied with EA custumer support...

It's like the rest of EA, pure garbage
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6669|Canada Eh?

Kobrakai wrote:

Think yourself lucky to get a reply at all, I emailed them months ago and still no reply
same here...I'm still waiting for 2 e-mails from 'em.
AirborneCz
+0|6655
i contacted them twice (regarding system slowdown in 1.2 and serious reinstall issue before)  and I must say they were really helpfull and swift...
Ranger0405
+3|6757|Cali, USA
That sux maybe there to busy creating more shity games! lol j/k I like bf2 alot but that sux about the lack of support I take all this gamming as a gamble.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6850|Cologne, Germany

Luckily, I have never had to contact them. All my BF2 products ( vanilla, SF, EF ) run just fine, even though I don't even have XP...

People seem to complain a lot about customer support at EA ( or rather, lack thereof ).

Provided they really are as bad as they are depicted here, that's something which I believe would be considered unacceptable for company as EA. After all, they market to us, so they should try to keep their customers happy.

I have bought every single Battlefield product since 1942, and I have never had any compaints.
Still, that is around 189 € in total for EA products and I guess I am not the only one who has bought every game of the BF series. That is a lot of money. Decent customer support is the minimum I would request from EA...
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6757|UK
The problem is that with computer games, you buy the game you want, not who necessarily has the best customer services, because while it may really annoy some people into never buying from them, its not in big enough numbers, or they don't have anyway of measuring if its because people don't like the game, or them!

I phoned EA support the first guy was useless, but only because I got the Euro Force downloaded before it was officially out (day before), the last guy I spoke to was actually pretty good, although still a mess, mainly due to GameSpy's database, See my posts here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=246018#p246018

Although I have had problems with their online support centre, which is actually just absolutely useless!
I got that customer service opinion poll email, as well, where i told them it was absolutely useless and my problem hadn't been resolved, and that the person who had written the response, obviously hadn't actually understood the problem in the first place, NOT fully anyway. I know a bit about computers, atleast enough to read forums like this and try and fix problems. So annoying, I recommend you just phone them with problems.
The EA UK Support Phone Line, seems to be quite good, although they haven't actually fixed the problem, and said they might not be able too... So not actually that good I guess!
They're phoning me back on Monday, so we'll see what happens then.

Advise for EA:
* Don't use GameSpy.
* If you're going to have an online support centre, make sure the people answering them, actually know what they're talking about, and make sure they know about all the errors with their games / website etc.
* Sack who evers in charge of their website, because frankly they're not doing their job properly, its a complete mess, links don't work properly and take you to the wrong places. They have several sections for the same type of information.

The worst is, if your on the main BF2 website, and try to goto the UK one, switching to UK at the top takes you to just the EA UK website, seems to me atleast it should take you to the UK BF2 website, not that, that is any good, or actually has any information.

EA downloader website is a mess to get to, from the bf2 website, what a joke!

EA SORT IT OUT!
And...my EF game, please!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6759
you will find in life that most companies hire idiots!

you phone up the customer support, or write to them, and they dont understand what you are talking about. the main problem is that they dont actually speak your language, so you pretty much hit a brick wall straight away!! But when you do get through to someone who you understand and can speak the language, they are sooo bloody thick that they still cant help you.

i have been on the phone to companies to try and get things sorted before, and i am sure my blood pressure and stress get to dangerous levels becuase something that seems soo simple to fix, is made thousands of times worse because of idiots!!
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6757|UK
lol. yep i've def. found that. people who have the knowledge too solve these problems dont work in call centres thats the bottom line!

And as said by nofx... "the idiots are taking over".

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2006-03-17 07:34:10)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6801
I contacted EA customer support earlier this week and found them nothing but helpful, courteous and fast.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6765|Hell, p.o box 666

I´ve opened this thread http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=244887#p244887 after I´ve bought EF.
Today I´ve got email from EA-germany that they will transfer back my money as fast as possible. I´ve just checked my bankaccount and HELLYEAH the 10 Bucks are back!!! Even if I´m a lucky one, there are some issues that must be mentioned according to the customerservice or the downloader.
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6757|UK
They were helpful and curtious. but when the end of the conversation is i'll try to fix it but GameSpy aren't very good at fixing problems their end, you got to think well the customer service isn't that good, if they've outsourced to a company that then doesn't support them.

EA are a big company, with you would have thought a lot of power here, but even they can't get good customer support from GameSpy, has the world gone mad?

ps. can't fault the guy for trying, but I can fault the system for not working and the bosses that let this situation happen. not that its particularly to do with ea, most big companies are this way now-a-days.
a1911
+0|6645

aardfrith wrote:

I contacted EA customer support earlier this week and found them nothing but helpful, courteous and fast.
Yes they are fast to give you a standard answer from their database. But when it come to thinking and giving an answer not covered in the database they will simply not answer... I am starting to think there is a robot on the other side not a human.....

Last edited by a1911 (2006-03-17 16:04:35)

a1911
+0|6645

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

The problem is that with computer games, you buy the game you want, not who necessarily has the best customer services, because while it may really annoy some people into never buying from them, its not in big enough numbers, or they don't have anyway of measuring if its because people don't like the game, or them!

I phoned EA support the first guy was useless, but only because I got the Euro Force downloaded before it was officially out (day before), the last guy I spoke to was actually pretty good, although still a mess, mainly due to GameSpy's database, See my posts here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=246018#p246018

Although I have had problems with their online support centre, which is actually just absolutely useless!
I got that customer service opinion poll email, as well, where i told them it was absolutely useless and my problem hadn't been resolved, and that the person who had written the response, obviously hadn't actually understood the problem in the first place, NOT fully anyway. I know a bit about computers, atleast enough to read forums like this and try and fix problems. So annoying, I recommend you just phone them with problems.
The EA UK Support Phone Line, seems to be quite good, although they haven't actually fixed the problem, and said they might not be able too... So not actually that good I guess!
They're phoning me back on Monday, so we'll see what happens then.

Advise for EA:
* Don't use GameSpy.
* If you're going to have an online support centre, make sure the people answering them, actually know what they're talking about, and make sure they know about all the errors with their games / website etc.
* Sack who evers in charge of their website, because frankly they're not doing their job properly, its a complete mess, links don't work properly and take you to the wrong places. They have several sections for the same type of information.

The worst is, if your on the main BF2 website, and try to goto the UK one, switching to UK at the top takes you to just the EA UK website, seems to me atleast it should take you to the UK BF2 website, not that, that is any good, or actually has any information.

EA downloader website is a mess to get to, from the bf2 website, what a joke!

EA SORT IT OUT!
And...my EF game, please!
If i were an EA director I would think about how much text some is willing to write about this.
People really mean it, maaaan!!
Games sold by EA are often good stuff... but you have to give decent support!
I still cant believe you made me pay for 15 minutes of listening to your phone ring!!!!!
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6757|UK
Think i spent more money on the phone to them (damn mobile = cell) then I did on the booster pack itself!
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6743|cairns australia
Found ea support in Australia(hotline)to be helpful and knowledgable.
coldfyre99
+-2|6637

a1911 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

Yes they are fast to give you a standard answer from their database. But when it come to thinking and giving an answer not covered in the database they will simply not answer... I am starting to think there is a robot on the other side not a human.....
You got that right.  Been trying to deal with them over the past month about a problem with another game, and finally have decided to report EA to the BBB, since they don't seem to want to solve my problem.
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6650|Uk
I had a problem with my cd-key, became invalid. i cmtacted them they replied within half an hour and told me how to solve it and it worked.

this could be a solution from a database but thats all the support ive got
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6757|UK

coldfyre99 wrote:

a1911 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

You got that right.  Been trying to deal with them over the past month about a problem with another game, and finally have decided to report EA to the BBB, since they don't seem to want to solve my problem.
Whats the BBB? Is that an American thing?
nelson496
+3|6794
When I buy a game from them, I cross my fingers and wish upon a star that the game won't fuck up.  I know what you're going through their tech support sucks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard