Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6778

Theres No visisible Treads. i Cant See Where Im going!!!!!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6709|Colorado
Use the little indicator on the bottom like when your using an anti-air with that big metal bubble blocking screen.
fuzzyballs44
+3|6746|Coeur D' Alene, ID
It just takes some getting used too...there's a headlight on the right hand track that helps out too
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6756|Las Vegas
I can not believe that their beta testers let this one slide by unnoticed.....perhaps this is a way to make this tanks less effective?
RittmeistA
+0|6761|lowest zaXXon

ShotYourSix wrote:

I can not believe that their beta testers let this one slide by unnoticed.....perhaps this is a way to make this tanks less effective?
yo..creating maps for tankbattles ..and making them less effective.....by the way the T90 havent changed so they got an advantage.....
i dont like the new tanx...though i m german..and i was looking forward to the first german tank in the game...
but they feel like the  Tunguska ...youre  allways bumpin against corners....no exact control....pfui....
fuzzyballs44
+3|6746|Coeur D' Alene, ID
maybe it was the design and the layout of the tanks that led to this....I crank around in them just fine, don't run into anything and can squeeze by most things.....I have won more tank battles in that mother than any other tanks as well...it seems faster and cranks around the tight spots better.  Just practice and soon you will like the unknown as well.
AirborneCz
+0|6683
its the same problem like maneuvering with Shilka but still fortunately much better than biggest crap of armor in BF2: BMP!!!
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6719|King's Island
Use the external views. Most servers allow them.

They offer much better SA (situational awareness) in tight quarters. Driving is a breeze, and it's almost too easy to squash that brave Spec Ops who just jumped out behind your tank.

'C' cycles between all 4 views (1st person, chase cam, reverse cam, drive-by)

There is no gunsight (as in Op Flaspoint or Far Cry), but you can aim the main gun using tracers from the coaxial MG.
When you need to do some precision shelling, hit F9 (or 'C' 3 times) to enter gunsight tunnel vision.

Note: this applies to all vehicles, not just tanks.

Ever wonder how that pilot flying a plane with worse performance than yours never loses track of you,
while you rarely see him for more than a second at a time?

Last edited by NPN_Scorpio (2006-03-17 03:51:23)

Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6842|Portland, OR, USA

NPN_Scorpio wrote:

Use the external views. Most servers allow them.
Only noobs drive tanks 3rd person. Sure, I drive jeeps 3rd person, but with a tank, you need to be able to fire at a moment's notice.

And yeah, the lack of being able to see the front of your tank bugs me too. With a T90 or M1A2, I can put my tank spot on, but it's more of a bumper car with the new tanks.

NPN_Scorpio wrote:

'C' cycles between all 4 views (1st person, chase cam, reverse cam, drive-by)
Uh, you know about F9 through F12, right? Hitting F9 is 100x easier than hitting C 3 times... Not to mention you can get rid of the cockpit in planes/helis by hitting F9 again (F9 toggles it). I dunno if you can do that with C.

Last edited by Viper007Bond (2006-03-17 03:53:13)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Umibozu_IT
+15|6684|Italy
yes you can
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6719|King's Island
@ Viper007Bond:

Sure I know about F9 - F12, and turning the cockpit off with F9 (a must for heli gunners).

I just didn't want to write a novel or a full manual.

Once you know there are external views, you can fiddle around with them in Options, try them out and see what they do.

My post was informative (if not exhaustive), whereas you seem to be out to get a flame war going.

Call me an ignorant noob if that strokes your ego. Different strokes...

Last edited by NPN_Scorpio (2006-03-17 06:37:11)

Fschwang
+10|6749|Isle of Man, next to England.

TrollmeaT wrote:

Use the little indicator on the bottom like when your using an anti-air with that big metal bubble blocking screen.
Problem solved.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6882|Germany / Saxony
Learn to drive.
I have no probs with the new tanks...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
abbamama
+3|6679|Andromeda
I agree with you...... I can't see where i'm going??
jamiecracker
+17|6784|Wollongong,Australia
i think the new tanks feel smoother over rough ground and it took me a while to get used to driving them but am getting the hang of it now
rindfisch
+0|6657
its just a matter of practice....i dont have any problems driving in the new tanks....i like them!!! i think they speed up faster than the others....at dont hit me that often like in the other tanks......

the russian anti air vehicle is very hard to handle in my eyes.....
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6743|Antarctica
T-90 > Challenger II by FAR, the design on the challenger is horrible to say the least.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6734|Sacramento
The only thing I dont like about the new tanks is they are so huge. makes a bigger target and easier to hit = /
otherwise they are cool looking
+ds2hanny76
+0|6651
i have a hard time while if you notice the barrel is on the right side for the m1 for all others it's on the left
i still think they need to work on the armor strength. a little weak if you ask me.
plane or heli= 1 hit kill
tank = 2 hit kill not some times 3 or 4 or 1........2 because i hate having full health get a shot on a tank and he kill with one shot
rindfisch
+0|6657
the new tanks have the same hitpoints like the other ones.....but keep in mind it makes a difference were you hit the enemy.....go to the secrets of bf page to find out were to shot at to put the most damagae on your enemy
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6704

rindfisch wrote:

the new tanks have the same hitpoints like the other ones.....but keep in mind it makes a difference were you hit the enemy.....go to the secrets of bf page to find out were to shot at to put the most damagae on your enemy
Just found this out about a week ago.  On Quarry, you can one-shot kill the T90, using another T90.  Attack the T90 from a slight higher elevation and from the side, so you can target the top rear panel above the treads near the rear turret.  Bank shot from the panel to the turret gap. 

You can also one-shot smoke the Challenger attacking the same spot.
belikeron
+-1|6670

+ds2hanny76 wrote:

i have a hard time while if you notice the barrel is on the right side for the m1 for all others it's on the left
Yea the no tread thing doesn't bother me as much as the left handed turret. I just can't get used to it.
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6880|England
If I am on not on MEC's side on Smoke Screen, I make a dash for a T90 at the first opportunity.

Not only is the barrel central, helping navigation and targeting, but it feels stronger to me. Completely subjective, and feel free to flame, but it feels that way to me. It may be that I can avoid shells better in the T90.

Also, it looks low and mean and tank like, you know, kind of like a T90. Where as the Challanger looks tall, short and childlike, nothing like a challenger

Real

(will be back shortly to add a BF2 version)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard