Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6269|eXtreme to the maX
Fine, they recognise Israel for whatever reason, and not the 'Hamas will never recognise Israel because they are Islamic crazies' propaganda the Israelis would like you to believe.

Israel does not want to negotiate towards peace, its that simple, hence they refuse to negotiate with anyone, making up bullshit reasons for not doing so.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6920|Argentina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Fine, they recognise Israel for whatever reason, and not the 'Hamas will never recognise Israel because they are Islamic crazies' propaganda the Israelis would like you to believe.

Israel does not want to negotiate towards peace, its that simple, hence they refuse to negotiate with anyone, making up bullshit reasons for not doing so.
Easy bro I never said I agreed with Israel killing civilians, building walls or annexing land.  I just said that Hamas are a bunch of terrorists, and not because Israel says it, but becuase they are.  In my book throwing rockets into populated cities makes you a terrorit.
bogo24dk
+26|6669
Ok let me ask one question. If hamas will recognize Israel when will Israel recognize Palestine. You can not say you recognize a country and while you do you build settlements on it.
san4
The Mas
+311|6851|NYC, a place to live

sergeriver wrote:

Yasser Abed Rabbo, a member of the Palestine Liberation Organisation's executive committee and a lead negotiator on the prisoners' document, said Hamas had agreed to sections which call for a negotiated and final agreement with Israel to establish a Palestinian state on the territories occupied in 1967, including East Jerusalem.

"Hamas is prepared to accept those parts of the document because they think it is a way to get rid of a lot of its problems with the international community. That's why it will accept all the document eventually," he said.

Hamas, facing a deep internal split over recognition of the Jewish state, declined to discuss the negotiations in detail.

If it formally approves the entire document, it will represent a significant shift from its founding goal of replacing Israel with an Islamic state and its more recent position of agreeing a long-term ceasefire, over a generation or more, if a Palestinian state is formed on the occupied territories but without formally recognising the Jewish state.
Not a direct quote from a Hamas member.
Also Hamas never actually accepted those parts of the document. The EU denied billions of dollars of aid to Gaza because Hamas continues to reject those principles to this day. Perhaps Dilbert_X should write a letter to the EU telling them they are mistaken.
san4
The Mas

bogo24dk wrote:

Ok let me ask one question. If hamas will recognize Israel when will Israel recognize Palestine. You can not say you recognize a country and while you do you build settlements on it.
Israel dismantled all of its settlements in Gaza. Israel has also repeatedly offered to dismantle most of its remaining settlements elsewhere.

And Hamas has repeatedly said it will not recognize Israel even if Israel dismantles its settlements and recognizes a Palestinian state. The Hamas charter says it will never recognize Israel under any conditions.
bogo24dk
+26|6669

san4 wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Israel dismantled all of its settlements in Gaza. Israel has also repeatedly offered to dismantle most of its remaining settlements elsewhere.

And Hamas has repeatedly said it will not recognize Israel even if Israel dismantles its settlements and recognizes a Palestinian state. The Hamas charter says it will never recognize Israel under any conditions.
It will only dismantle a part of them. Not all of them.

Last edited by bogo24dk (2009-01-09 04:27:59)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6269|eXtreme to the maX
Israel has never agreed to dismantle its settlements in the West Bank or East Jerusalem.
Hamas has offered to recognise Israel.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
san4
The Mas

bogo24dk wrote:

san4 wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Perhaps. But so what?
san4
The Mas

Dilbert_X wrote:

Israel has never agreed to dismantle its settlements in the West Bank or East Jerusalem.
Hamas has offered to recognise Israel.
Israel has offered to dismantle many settlements in the West Bank and it has offered to partially compensate the Palestinians with land for settlements not dismantled in East Jerusalem. They are negotiating.

What is your evidence that Hamas has offered to recognize Israel? Why is the EU withholding billions of dollars of aid because it believes Hamas has not offered to recognize Israel? This excerpt from the article you posted seems relevant:

Article Dilbert_X posted wrote:

Senior Hamas officials, including the group's politburo chief Khaled Mashaal and Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, recently reiterated that they would not give in to pressures and budgets and would not change the movement's principles, according to which Hamas does not recognize Israel.

Last edited by san4 (2009-01-09 05:14:44)

bogo24dk
+26|6669

san4 wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

san4 wrote:

Perhaps. But so what?
Lisent to yourself. By saying so what is like saying i don't care if Israelis are stealing land i only care about hamas recognizing Israel. With that kind of blindness is war kept on.
san4
The Mas

bogo24dk wrote:

san4 wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Perhaps. But so what?
Lisent to yourself. By saying so what is like saying i don't care if Israelis are stealing land i only care about hamas recognizing Israel. With that kind of blindness is war kept on.
No, it's saying they can negotiate an agreement that both sides find acceptable even if Israel doesn't dismantle every settlement. The Palestinian Authority has not insisted that every settlement be dismantled.

The reason to focus on Hamas is that they refuse to negotiate under any conditions, even if Israel dismantles all settlements. That's why the war continues in Gaza. There's total calm in the West Bank.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6812
Yesterday Palestinian youths caused havoc in the streets of Oslo causing costly severe damage....why?!why?!

A large chunk of my sympathy just got curbed.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6574|'Murka

Ottomania wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

You look so funny from here while trying to defend Israel.

If you have read the link, you will see that Israeli Army approved the attack, after 16 month ceasefire. It is not only Hamas that ends truces.

oh, you still not satisfied, here comes from your press:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/09/mideast/
I did read the linked story. Hence the references to "barrage" and "rained down".

Pointing out clearly biased reporting is defending Israel?

You look so funny from here while trying to defend terrorists who target civilians to the detriment of the people they were elected to serve.

As to the story...the shelling was in response to placement of Qassam rockets, wasn't it? So who was it now that ended the truce? Was it the guys who launched the rockets or the guys who shelled the rocket launch sites in response? C'mon...the math isn't that hard.
yeah, rcoket launch sites at beach..

what are you talking about?

Shelling happened after 16 month truce.

So no one launched qassam rockets during the period of 16 months.

Then Israel sends artillery barrage to a beach full of civilian Gaza citizens.

If you still blame Hamas about this, I would say that you are clearly biased.

You say that the report is biased but you dont have an idea to support your statement.

There is a beach and people got shot by artillery.

Where the fuck is bias in this report?

I wonder why you still dont want to accept heavy fault of Israeli Army in this situation?

They have the latest technology, there is no room for "but there is hamas militants" "our barrage had fallen short" excuses.

And it can be UXO's that killed Israelis, not qassam rockets launched by Hamas. lol... your logic
Dude. Read the fucking article you linked. It refers to ONE explosion on a beach. The other rounds hit elsewhere. There was no "barrage". There was a single explosion of unknown origin. No forensics have ID'd it.

My logic is based on looking at the facts in the article from an objective viewpoint. If there had been evidence from the forensic investigation that showed anything definitive, I would accept that--regardless of what that investigation found.

Where is the bias? You'll never see it because it is totally in line with your world view. The bias in that article lies in the content. The only thing that journalist knows is 1) an explosion occurred on a Gaza beach; 2) some Palestinians were hurt/killed by said explosion; 3) Hamas claims it was an IDF boat shelling the beach (with a single round); 4) the IDF claims none of the shells they launched at Qassam rockets kilometers away from that site could have been at fault, due to time and distance differences; 5) Hamas doesn't refute the Qassam rocket claim; 6) there's no independent verification of either side of the story.

The last point is key...the report ignores that, uses inflammatory language (intentionally), describing a single explosion as a "barrage...raining down" on the beach...which clearly implies an entirely different situation than what the facts support. Hell, it's a completely different situation than if the IDF actually HAD dropped that shell on the beach.

The bottomline is that there are no facts in any of those articles supporting your view of the event. Perhaps there's some nuance you miss in the articles because English isn't your first language.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6789|Canada
hamas to israel... basically:

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2009-01-09 08:29:59)

TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5946|Israel
Pretend
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6784|London, England

destruktion_6143 wrote:

hamas to israel... basically:

lmfao......"I kill me"..... oh man, laughed hard at that one...
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6684|Istanbul-Turkey

FEOS wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I did read the linked story. Hence the references to "barrage" and "rained down".

Pointing out clearly biased reporting is defending Israel?

You look so funny from here while trying to defend terrorists who target civilians to the detriment of the people they were elected to serve.

As to the story...the shelling was in response to placement of Qassam rockets, wasn't it? So who was it now that ended the truce? Was it the guys who launched the rockets or the guys who shelled the rocket launch sites in response? C'mon...the math isn't that hard.
yeah, rcoket launch sites at beach..

what are you talking about?

Shelling happened after 16 month truce.

So no one launched qassam rockets during the period of 16 months.

Then Israel sends artillery barrage to a beach full of civilian Gaza citizens.

If you still blame Hamas about this, I would say that you are clearly biased.

You say that the report is biased but you dont have an idea to support your statement.

There is a beach and people got shot by artillery.

Where the fuck is bias in this report?

I wonder why you still dont want to accept heavy fault of Israeli Army in this situation?

They have the latest technology, there is no room for "but there is hamas militants" "our barrage had fallen short" excuses.

And it can be UXO's that killed Israelis, not qassam rockets launched by Hamas. lol... your logic
Dude. Read the fucking article you linked. It refers to ONE explosion on a beach. The other rounds hit elsewhere. There was no "barrage". There was a single explosion of unknown origin. No forensics have ID'd it.(Witnesses described several explosions that also injured dozens of other people who lay on the beach...)The Israeli army said it "regretted" the deaths and called a halt to the shelling.

My logic is based on looking at the facts in the article from an objective viewpoint. If there had been evidence from the forensic investigation that showed anything definitive, I would accept that--regardless of what that investigation found. Should I bring gun-cam footage to convict you?

Where is the bias? You'll never see it because it is totally in line with your world view. The bias in that article lies in the content. The only thing that journalist knows is 1) an explosion occurred on a Gaza beach; 2) some Palestinians were hurt/killed by said explosion; 3) Hamas claims it was an IDF boat shelling the beach (with a single round);Not single, you should read again 4) the IDF claims none of the shells they launched at Qassam rockets kilometers away from that site could have been at fault, due to time and distance differences; Same IDF regretted for what have they done5) Hamas doesn't refute the Qassam rocket claim;Like Israeli bombardment after Hamas rocket attacks nowadays, If someone starts a fight, other one responds. As I said before, Hamas hadnt achieved a rocket attack during 16 month period before beach shelling. You are missing this point all the time. 6) there's no independent verification of either side of the story.

The last point is key...the report ignores that, uses inflammatory language (intentionally), describing a single explosion as a "barrage...raining down" on the beach...which clearly implies an entirely different situation than what the facts support. Hell, it's a completely different situation than if the IDF actually HAD dropped that shell on the beach. Both links I have posted says multiple shells hit the beach

The bottomline is that there are no facts in any of those articles supporting your view of the event. Perhaps there's some nuance you miss in the articles because English isn't your first language.
You act like investigating a top secret report. I wonder why you doubt so much to understand this evidence. Maybe you conditioned yourself to much to believe that Israel would never ever kill civilians intentionally.

Last edited by Ottomania (2009-01-09 09:21:29)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6744|SE London

FEOS wrote:

Dude. Read the fucking article you linked. It refers to ONE explosion on a beach. The other rounds hit elsewhere. There was no "barrage". There was a single explosion of unknown origin.
An Israeli navy gunboat fired shells onto a northern Gaza beach Friday
Shells sounds plural to me.

Palestinians were picnicking when the Israeli shells slammed into the beach, Palestinian medical sources said.
Ditto.

Don't understand the selection of this article. It is nearly 3 years old.

This is a much better article to demonstrate Israelis targeting civilians:

Up to 110 members of the extended Samouni clan were put into one building without water, heating or food.

At dawn on Monday it was shelled repeatedly by Israeli forces. Survivors described seeing bodies with brains oozing out.

Surviving members of the Samouni family described how the Israeli soldiers went from house to house detaining younger men and then crowding a large number, mostly women and children, into a single building.

Meysa Samouni, 19, said up to 110 members of the Samouni family were forced inside without running water or food.

She said: "When the missile stuck, I lay down with my daughter under me. Everything filled up with smoke and dust, and I heard screams and crying.

"After the smoke and dust cleared a bit, I looked around and saw twenty to thirty people who were dead, and about twenty who were wounded.

She said the survivors and walking wounded eventually emerged and found some Israeli soldiers who took two of the male survivors and let the rest pass.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … -gaza.html

IDF troops rounded up civilians (more than 100), sent them all into one house. Then repeatedly shelled it, killing most (around 70) of those inside.

The UN are demanding the strike be investigated as a war crime.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-01-09 11:14:23)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6764|132 and Bush

Both sides rejected the UN cease fire terms.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6744|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

So what?

Of course Hamas will reject any ceasefire terms. If they continue to reject calls for ceasefires until Israel eventually withdraw, they will claim victory and boost their popularity immensely. This action by Israel is improving the popular standing of Hamas.

War crimes have nothing to do with ceasefires. The UN is demanding investigation of alleged Israeli war crimes - specifically, the incident I have mentioned about the IDF rounding up civilians (mostly women and children) into a single house and then repeatedly shelling that house. As horrific as many of the things Hamas does are, I don't think they've ever done anything quite as despicable as that and I hope those responsible do face charges for war crimes.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-01-09 11:34:32)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6784|London, England

Bert wrote:

Oh cmon man, none of this will mean shit anyway. You just have to see how this so called security council resolution has done sweet fuck all. The UN is a fucking joke. Why should these Middle Eastern countries listen to a bunch of Europeans (includes USA) and Chinese (lol) anyway. That's what they're thinking and I won't blame them if they do.

Also whilst I agree that this looks like a war crime, why is it only this. What about all the other shit that's happened in the world by people, including I'll admit, by Allied forces in Iraq/Afghanistan, and by loads of other countries in other conflicts, and what about Hamas themselves, I still don't see "the UN" doing or saying anything about the rocket attacks. This is all ultimate lameness on behalf of everyone.

This world is gay, gay gay gay.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-01-09 11:39:01)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6744|SE London

Mekstizzle wrote:

Bert wrote:

Oh cmon man, none of this will mean shit anyway. You just have to see how this so called security council resolution has done sweet fuck all. The UN is a fucking joke. Why should these Middle Eastern countries listen to a bunch of Europeans (includes USA) and Chinese (lol) anyway. That's what they're thinking and I won't blame them if they do.
I completely disagree. The very fact that the US did not veto the ceasefire resolution is proof that mounting international pressure against Israeli aggression is having an effect on their international relations. If Israel alienate themselves from the US then we are more likely to see peace in the region sooner. Obviously no one will end up getting charged for this heinous crime, but it will count against Israel greatly on the international stage and if the investigation does find it to be a war crime, then that will isolate Israel even more.

Mekstizzle wrote:

Also whilst I agree that this looks like a war crime, why is it only this. What about all the other shit that's happened in the world by people, including I'll admit, by Allied forces in Iraq/Afghanistan, and by loads of other countries in other conflicts, and what about Hamas themselves, I still don't see "the UN" doing or saying anything about the rocket attacks. This is all ultimate lameness on behalf of everyone.

This world is gay, gay gay gay.
Actually the UN have repeatedly denounced the Hamas rocket attacks. Even the article I linked to has quotes from UN representatives denouncing them:
Speaking to an emergency session of the UN Human Rights Council Miss Pillay said Palestinian militants firing rockets into Israel was "unacceptable'' but that it did not justify alleged abuses committed by the Israeli army.
Calling them unacceptable is saying something about them.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6764|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

So what?

Of course Hamas will reject any ceasefire terms. If they continue to reject calls for ceasefires until Israel eventually withdraw, they will claim victory and boost their popularity immensely. This action by Israel is improving the popular standing of Hamas.

War crimes have nothing to do with ceasefires. The UN is demanding investigation of alleged Israeli war crimes - specifically, the incident I have mentioned about the IDF rounding up civilians (mostly women and children) into a single house and then repeatedly shelling that house. As horrific as many of the things Hamas does are, I don't think they've ever done anything quite as despicable as that and I hope those responsible do face charges for war crimes.
What the fuck do you mean so what? I was just updating the thread. Chill the hell out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6744|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

So what?

What the fuck do you mean so what? I was just updating the thread. Chill the hell out.
I mean "so what?". Nothing to chill out about - and I can assure you, I'm very chilled out.

I just don't consider it worthy of comment, since it's so blindingly obvious. Israels stated immediate goals for this attack directly clash with those of Hamas. The conflict will continue until Israel give up and withdraw. There will be no progress and certainly no ceasefire recognised by both sides.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6346|Ireland
Hamas leaders sit down when they pee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard