FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

She could deliver my package anyday
i'd probably give my package back to her.
"Hey baby, I have a package for you"
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
MysteryJake
+12|6199|California

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Fuck that. My dad's in the medical business and ships out/recieves various OR tools such as scopes. UPS has lost him over $10,000 worth of equipment. Never again.

FedEx all the way. Plus, they almost always deliver faster than UPS around here.
Did he have the sense to insure it. You don't think Fedex damages or loses packages .

UPS is a generation ahead of Fedex in the shipping business. They always have been. Trust me, I have a little experience here.
Of course they do. Every company does, it's pretty much unavoidable. Thing is, with UPS it's almost constant. I've had waaay better experiences with FedEx, as has my father.

It was insured, but just the fact that it was lost really just completely puts me off from UPS.

lol, he went to my school
You've had a small unfortunate experience (in relative scale). I worked at UPS (which means I also worked with FEdex employees) for 14 years. I was Unloader, Loader, Sorter, Supervisor, Driver. UPS has got the best loss prevention in the industry. The literally tail drivers when they have evidence of suspect behavior. Does stuff like the OP still happen? Of course, UPS one of the nations largest employers.. behind only walmart and the usps. It also ranks as one the the worlds most admired companies.
My thoughts exactly. Until you've been to a package processing hub you have no clue what your packages go through. When you've got thousands of packages moving along hundreds of windy belts theres bound to be some problems. The point of a package isn't necessarily to hold many items, its to protect the items it holds, they should always be made to take a beating because they definitely take a beating. So even though what the driver did was wrong, a small toss can't be any more harmful than being at the processing hub.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

She could deliver my package anyday
"We don't accept damaged goods, loser."
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida
Yeah well flying through the air it looked like it was a shirt or something in plastic i dont think anyone would throw a solid box with something in it.

Anyways, In the midst of christmas i saw my mail man (USPS) do something pretty cool. He had a package for my neighbor and no cars were in their driveway, so he drove all the way up to the top of there driveway (a good 30 feet from the road) and just tossed the package out the window about 5 feet to the steps, backed down and took off.

Guess he was too busy to get out and walk.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

MysteryJake wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Of course they do. Every company does, it's pretty much unavoidable. Thing is, with UPS it's almost constant. I've had waaay better experiences with FedEx, as has my father.

It was insured, but just the fact that it was lost really just completely puts me off from UPS.

lol, he went to my school
You've had a small unfortunate experience (in relative scale). I worked at UPS (which means I also worked with FEdex employees) for 14 years. I was Unloader, Loader, Sorter, Supervisor, Driver. UPS has got the best loss prevention in the industry. The literally tail drivers when they have evidence of suspect behavior. Does stuff like the OP still happen? Of course, UPS one of the nations largest employers.. behind only walmart and the usps. It also ranks as one the the worlds most admired companies.
My thoughts exactly. Until you've been to a package processing hub you have no clue what your packages go through. When you've got thousands of packages moving along hundreds of windy belts theres bound to be some problems. The point of a package isn't necessarily to hold many items, its to protect the items it holds, they should always be made to take a beating because they definitely take a beating. So even though what the driver did was wrong, a small toss can't be any more harmful than being at the processing hub.
It looks like it was clothes. If you've ever gotten them shipped you know what I'm talking about. A shirt or a pair of shorts they will just throw in a bag when they ship them. What the driver did was still wrong, and I'm sure he will be disciplined. But if it was clothes I highly doubt he "fucked them up".

@Mitch we did that stuff all the time around the holidays. Although we only had to make one attempt, if we thought it was a present we would either try again or leave a note telling them where we hid the package (Sometimes even asking a neighbor if they would hold it for them). I've also done the same other times of the year.. for payroll check etc. My customers loved me. I would get a couple hundred dollars in tips during the holidays. I delivered to a mall and they also hooked me up big time (employees discounts and such). If I thought their packages were screwed up I would get them to inspect and and ask them if they wanted to refuse delivery. It's easier for them to file a claim if they do that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

TheAussieReaper wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

"We don't accept damaged goods, loser."

;_;

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-01-09 08:41:30)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard