Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6269|eXtreme to the maX

san4 wrote:

Try again. Israel was shelling rocket launchers (who were committing war crimes by targeting civilians). Israeli shelling of rocket launchers is permitted under Article 51 of the UN charter.
Except no rocket launchers were hit, just men, women and children sitting on a beach on a sunny day.

NukchebiO wrote:

This does nothing to prove that Israel broke the ceasefire, regardless of the unprovoked nature or not of the Israeli shelling.
What? Unprovoked shelling is not breaking a ceasefire?

This is how it always goes, the Israelis bomb some civilians, then object when Hamas fire rockets back.
Neat colour scheme on those rockets BTW.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6487|New Haven, CT
When said shelling occurred in 2006, and said ceasefire began in June of 2008, there is no indication of a violation on Israel's part.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

san4 wrote:

Try again. Israel was shelling rocket launchers (who were committing war crimes by targeting civilians). Israeli shelling of rocket launchers is permitted under Article 51 of the UN charter.
Except no rocket launchers were hit, just men, women and children sitting on a beach on a sunny day.

NukchebiO wrote:

This does nothing to prove that Israel broke the ceasefire, regardless of the unprovoked nature or not of the Israeli shelling.

This is how it always goes, the Israelis bomb some civilians, then object when Hamas fire rockets back.
You did read all of the controversy regarding this incident didn't you?
Vax
+42|6014|Flyover country

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

san4 wrote:

NukchebiO wrote:

You did read all of the controversy regarding this incident didn't you?
I doubt it matters to him. The intent is to throw out anything he can find that makes it look as though the IDF are evil and kill civs for fun and leisure. Details do not matter.

Even if it has little or nothing to do with the current ceasefire/who broke it
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6973|Nårvei

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Varegg wrote:

.. If you hate what a Zionist stands for you are pretty much an anti-Semite and hates Jews in general...
Ok please see this link:

www.jewsagainstzionism.com

And tell me that these jews are anti-semite.
Hehe ... yeah well you got me there but then again you should know that those ultra orthodox Jews you mention are against Zionism because they are waiting for the divine intervention of God to solve the Palestine conflict so in their eyes the Zionists are weak in their faith for wanting a military or political solution ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Nukchebio wrote:

I doubt it matters to him. The intent is to throw out anything he can find that makes it look as though the IDF are evil and kill civs for fun and leisure. Details do not matter.

This was the question, unrelated to the question of any ceasefire.

lowing wrote:

Please show where the IDF has taken unprovoked action in Gaza.
I gave you an example, shelling and killing unarmed civilians on a beach, there ya go.
There are many more, each time the Israelis will claim they were trying to hit militants, although they so rarely do.

BTW the footage of the mortar fire from the UN school is dated 2007, not within hours of the recent strike which killed 40 civilians.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6487|New Haven, CT
Okay, fair enough. I thought the context of question in the current conflict was implied, but evidently not. That being said, please substantiate your claim that Israel broke the terms of the ceasefire by shelling Gaza.

(Still about your examples, just because civilians were accidentally killed does not mean Israel was attacking something unprovoked.)

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2009-01-08 00:50:53)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nukchebio wrote:

This was the question, unrelated to the question of any ceasefire.

lowing wrote:

Please show where the IDF has taken unprovoked action in Gaza.
I gave you an example, shelling and killing unarmed civilians on a beach, there ya go.
There are many more, each time the Israelis will claim they were trying to hit militants, although they so rarely do.

BTW the footage of the mortar fire from the UN school is dated 2007, not within hours of the recent strike which killed 40 civilians.
Did you read your own link and all of the controversy and questions surrounding that incident?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Lowing wrote:

Did you read your own link and all of the controversy and questions surrounding that incident?
Yes of course.

The Palestinians say they were shelled by the Israelis

The Israelis say we weren't shelling so it can't have been us
oh wait we were shelling but not in that area
oh wait we were shelling that area but not at the exact time to the minute stated by the Palestinians
oh wait we were shelling that area at the time stated by the Palestinians but we don't know where the shells landed
oh wait the Palestinians blew up their own civilians using unexploded Israelis shells to gain world sympathy
whatever, we don't give a shit and we're going to continue shelling them anyway.

Think that roughly covers it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-08 00:55:53)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Lowing wrote:

Yes of course.

oh wait we were shelling that area but not at the exact time to the minute stated by the Palestinians
oh wait we were shelling that area at the time stated by the Palestinians but we don't know where the shells landed
oh wait the Palestinians blew up their own civilians using unexploded Israelis shells to gain world sympathy
whatever, we don't give a shit and we're going to continue shelling them anyway.

ya might wanna go back and read it again then.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

nukchebiO wrote:

Still about your examples, just because civilians were accidentally killed does not mean Israel was attacking something unprovoked.
Just how provocative can a family sitting on a beach be?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6487|New Haven, CT

Dilbert_X wrote:

nukchebiO wrote:

Still about your examples, just because civilians were accidentally killed does not mean Israel was attacking something unprovoked.
You are assuming they were targeting the family sitting on the beach. There is no evidence suggesting that.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2009-01-08 01:59:08)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6920|Argentina
51 pages?  How can I read the whole thing?  Ufff.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6616|The Twilight Zone
Fact: Ordinary people are signing up for jihad because their country has been invaded by a Tyrant. Farmers and students yesterday, jihadis now. Accomplished the opposite-turning people from good to bad.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6684|Istanbul-Turkey

nukchebi0 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

nukchebiO wrote:

You are assuming they were targeting the family sitting on the beach. There is no evidence suggesting that.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jun/10/israel

A barrage of Israeli artillery shells rained down on a busy Gaza beach yesterday, killing seven Palestinians, three of them children. The attack put further strain on the 16-month truce between Israel and the governing Hamas movement.

Associated Press reported that a tearful man held the limp body of what appeared to be a girl or young woman. "Muslims, look at this," he shouted.

Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman, said that the attack showed "the Zionist occupation insists on killing ... and does not distinguish between civilian children and freedom fighters".

Last edited by Ottomania (2009-01-08 03:53:56)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6814|USA

Ottomania wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jun/10/israel

A barrage of Israeli artillery shells rained down on a busy Gaza beach yesterday, killing seven Palestinians, three of them children. The attack put further strain on the 16-month truce between Israel and the governing Hamas movement.

Associated Press reported that a tearful man held the limp body of what appeared to be a girl or young woman. "Muslims, look at this," he shouted.

Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman, said that the attack showed "the Zionist occupation insists on killing ... and does not distinguish between civilian children and freedom fighters".
Reports are already in question
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6812

nukchebi0 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

nukchebiO wrote:

You are assuming they were targeting the family sitting on the beach.
They were probably targeting the man in a bunker 30m in the ground but the civilians got in their way...bummer. C'mon, we all know Israel have a terrible track record for "accidentally" murdering poor innocent people. There's got to be some hidden message or objective involved. "lulz"
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6361

Varegg wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Varegg wrote:

.. If you hate what a Zionist stands for you are pretty much an anti-Semite and hates Jews in general...
Ok please see this link:

www.jewsagainstzionism.com

And tell me that these jews are anti-semite.
Hehe ... yeah well you got me there but then again you should know that those ultra orthodox Jews you mention are against Zionism because they are waiting for the divine intervention of God to solve the Palestine conflict so in their eyes the Zionists are weak in their faith for wanting a military or political solution ...
No they are completly against the existence of the state of Israel. They believe God punished them for past sins and sent them in exile, preventing them from having a state of their own until the coming of the messiah.  They are the true followers of the Torah

From their site:

"Zionism, by advocating a political and military end to the Jewish exile, denies the very essence of our Diaspora existence. We are in exile by Divine Decree and may emerge from exile solely via Divine Redemption. All human efforts to alter a metaphysical reality are doomed to end in failure and bloodshed. History has clearly borne out this teaching."

and

"True Torah Jews is dedicated to informing the world and in particular the American public and politicians that all Jews do not support the ideology of the Zionist state called "Israel" which is diametrically opposite to the teachings of traditional Judaism.

We are concerned that the widespread misconception that all Jews support the zionist state and its actions endangers Jews worldwide."

These guys are the only true Jews..  completely the opposite of the zionist trash..

See this quote about the current conflict:

"Once again, we find ourselves reading horrifying headlines regarding the unrest in the Middle East. In one long chain of tragedies and civilian bloodshed, residential neighborhoods have been transformed into war zones, the daily lives of civilians distorted by ever-present shadows of terror and fright."

and

"What more proof does one need than the fact that for centuries, Jews have lived peacefully in Arabic countries, enjoying the respect and friendship of their neighbors? The tragedy of Zionism changed all of that. The painful truth is that in the eyes of the Zionist government, Jews are merely the cannon-fodder needed for the State of Israel to achieve its agenda."

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/news/ … cfm?id=156

Sorry for the wall of text.. Pretty interesting stuff .. go see the site, you will learn more about the difference between zionists and real follower of the Torah.
Varegg
+2,206|6973|Nårvei

Yes well i did read some of it ... and i also read some other sources like i always do, never trust just the one

Still have the impression they are very much for a Jewish state where it currently is but like mentioned in the other post they don't agree on the means being used by the Zionists ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6361

Varegg wrote:

Yes well i did read some of it ... and i also read some other sources like i always do, never trust just the one

Still have the impression they are very much for a Jewish state where it currently is but like mentioned in the other post they don't agree on the means being used by the Zionists ...
"Obviously, the State of Israel has absolutely no connection with either Jews or Judaism. Furthermore, Torah-true Jews did not participate in the founding of the State, and for decades, we have announced our disapproval and disassociation from the State of Israel at every opportunity"

Anyway, the important thing to remember is disaproval of the zionist way of thinking is not automatically anti-semitism but hey, make no mistake, there will always be people who will hate all the jews for the actions of a few.. but i'm not one of them.. i would share my house with these jews anytime.
Varegg
+2,206|6973|Nårvei

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Varegg wrote:

"Obviously, the State of Israel has absolutely no connection with either Jews or Judaism. Furthermore, Torah-true Jews did not participate in the founding of the State, and for decades, we have announced our disapproval and disassociation from the State of Israel at every opportunity"

Anyway, the important thing to remember is disaproval of the zionist way of thinking is not automatically anti-semitism but hey, make no mistake, there will always be people who will hate all the jews for the actions of a few.. but i'm not one of them.. i would share my house with these jews anytime.
Hence why i said Jewish state and not Israel ...
san4
The Mas
+311|6851|NYC, a place to live

Dilbert_X wrote:

Lowing wrote:

Yes of course.

Actually, you missed the only fact that matters for the question you were asking. Israel said it was responding to rockets being launched from Gaza. That means your example fails to illustrate an unprovoked Israeli attack. You know the meaning of the word "unprovoked" don't you?
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6361
If you stole my house, id punch you in the face too.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6386|Escea

Vax wrote:

san4 wrote:

On second thought, let's not talk about the war crimes Hamas has committed. It's really inconvenient.
Shh. Hamas is fighting for the oppressed ppl of palestine, the damage from their puny rockets is only minor and can be excused, because they are freedom rockets! The people of israel can endure these minor inconveniences; if you lost your car, or your apartment, or your mother, we are sorry, but it is for the freedom of Palestine from the Iron Grip of Zionism! 

Get yours today...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2dtry2u.jpg
The whole camo point just went out the window with the big red nose cone lol.

Qassam 2 eh? I wonder if its also got, Point away from Face and stuff written there.

Strange how Qassam 2 is written in English and not Arabic.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6574|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Here ya go, just one off the top of my head.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5066496.stm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_beach_blast

The Palestinians claim the beach was shelled, the Israelis came up with all sorts of excuses, and then resumed their shelling of Gaza.
So let's see...

Questionable reports about shells landing on a beach in Gaza.

IDF says the shelling they were doing was in response to Qassam rocket attacks.

Who would have launched the Qassam rockets from Gaza? ...hmmmm...who could that have been?

Hamas launches rockets at Israel then gets pissy when the IDF returns fire.

Launching rockets at Israel is breaking the ceasefire. Israel did not launch shells pre-emptively.

Hence, Hamas is at fault...based solely on the articles you linked.

As for the details of the beach situation...there aren't enough details to make a call either way. Unless you're predisposed to hating Israel...but then your opinion on the matter isn't formed from an objective assessment of the facts available.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard