phishman420
Banned
+821|5814
How much do you pay? I am with Progressive, and I just found out that I'm going to have to pay $1700 for 6 months of coverage. I was paying $500/6 months on my '95 Jeep, so why the fuck does my car ('06 Acura TL) cost more than 3x that much? I have a pretty bad driving record (DUI, speeding ticket, failure to yield, running a stop sign, and driving without my license on my person), but does that justify almost $300 a month? Fuck.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6869|Salt Lake City

That 95 Jeep isn't worth much.  It wouldn't take much for them to just total it in case of an accident.  The value of the vehicle you have now, as well as the repair costs are substantially higher.  Also, with your driving record, I would dare say that $283 per month isn't bad at all.

There are also a number of other factors that are considered when you get insurance.

1. Your age.  If you are under 25, you are going to pay quite a bit more.
2. If you are renter, or live with your parents, rather than being a home owner, your insurance is higher.
3. The area where you live.  If your area has high accident rates or high theft/break-in problems, you will pay more; this would include if your car is considered a high probability target for theft/break-in.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2009-01-07 10:58:44)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5922|Catherine Black

phishman420 wrote:

but does that justify almost $300 a month? Fuck.
I wouldn't even insure you.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6901|Tenn

phishman420 wrote:

I have a pretty bad driving record (DUI, speeding ticket, failure to yield, running a stop sign, and driving without my license on my person), but does that justify almost $300 a month? Fuck.
ive got dui, speeding, drivin without and mine was $1560 12 month @ $130 a month just liability and sr-22. your driving an '06 acura of course your shit is gonna be high, then ur a bad decision maker(not going to assume your a bad driver cuz some arent). you gotta pay
phishman420
Banned
+821|5814
Thanks, Dung. I just got quoted $480/6 months from Geico for liability only. I thought all newer cars had to have full coverage.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6869|Salt Lake City

phishman420 wrote:

Thanks, Dung. I just got quoted $480/6 months from Geico for liability only. I thought all newer cars had to have full coverage.
Full coverage depends on whether you own the car outright or not.  You must carry full coverage is you owe money on the car; if you have a loan on the vehicle you are required to provide proof of insurance to the lender, and failure to carry that will result in bad things happening.  If you own it outright, liability is all you need.  You just take the chance that if you are fault for the accident, any damage to your vehicle will be up to you to cover.

Oh, I also forgot to mention.  Insurance companies are now looking at people's credit history.  If you have a poor credit history, they will charge you more for insurance.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5814
Thanks for your help. Got a lot of thinking to do. If I was to trade my car in to a dealer for a cheaper car, would they pay me for the difference? I know they would have to be making some money, but IDK if they would even consider doing that. I know I'd be better off selling it (if I decide not to keep it), but with the market how it is now, it probably wouldn't sell for a while.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5981|one windy city

Finray wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

I wouldn't even insure you for $600.00 amonth .
↑↑↑↑↑ fixed
phishman420
Banned
+821|5814

bad-man wrote:

Finray wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

I wouldn't even insure you for $600.00 amonth .
↑↑↑↑↑ fixed
The funny thing is that I'm really not a bad driver. I got profiled in my Jeep when I got that DUI. I only had 5 beers in a span of 3 or so hours, but I was underage, so it didn't matter if I was drunk or not. Speeding ticket was BS because I had a radar detector that didn't go off until the cop was on my ass with his sirens on. I ran a stop sign in an empty ass area where there are never any cars, and some asshole motorcycle cop was creeping. Failure to yield was also retarded. I was turning left from a center turn lane in to a gas station, and my friend was taking a right on to the street I was turning from. She ran through the yield sign at the intersection to beat the other cars and hit me as I was turning.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6702|Mountains of NC

phishman420 wrote:

How much do you pay? I am with Progressive, and I just found out that I'm going to have to pay $1700 for 6 months of coverage. I was paying $500/6 months on my '95 Jeep, so why the fuck does my car ('06 Acura TL) cost more than 3x that much? I have a pretty bad driving record (DUI, speeding ticket, failure to yield, running a stop sign, and driving without my license on my person), but does that justify almost $300 a month? Fuck.
you listed your reasons right there .... also a '06 acura is high rated car ... something like 20 stars I think and the higher the stars the higher the insurance

wifes a insurance agent - I pay $50 a month on '03 F-150 comp and collusion with zero deductible, $100 a day on a rental .....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6527|The Gem Saloon
i pay $94 a month for full coverage

almost perfect driving record.
SealXo
+309|6669
I just got my first car and i had AAA and it was 2500 wihtout a new car so i got Merury and now its 600 w/ the car /year

my dad gets an 11% cpa discount and an ever biggger discount with having his homeowners and stuff switched to them too and my grades are good = /win

Last edited by SealXo (2009-01-07 15:08:48)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6627|N. Ireland
On a '99 Renault Clio I'm looking at ~£220 p/ month. -sigh- 17. Male. Northern Ireland.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6623|Gogledd Cymru

£220? Fuck me that's shit Kyle.

If I was to get insured for a full year it would cost me about £600, albeit that's as a named driver, but still it's fully comp on a '95 1.3L fiesta.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5814

SEREMAKER wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

you listed your reasons right there .... also a '06 acura is high rated car ... something like 20 stars I think and the higher the stars the higher the insurance

wifes a insurance agent - I pay $50 a month on '03 F-150 comp and collusion with zero deductible, $100 a day on a rental .....
Tell her to hook me up.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6633|so randum
i remember getting a quote for a 5yr old ford ka, at £1300 3rd pfaf pa.

lel
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6705

£4,000 per year
VicktorVauhn
+319|6525|Southern California
So you spent over 20k on a car with out even looking into insurance costs?
How are you surprised your getting raped on insurance with that driving record and a brand new sporty car?
jsnipy
+3,276|6656|...

Geico Nukka ... 550/ 6mo for 3 cars
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,976|6765|949

Toilet Sex wrote:

£4,000 per year
The fuck? You pay for that?
SealXo
+309|6669

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

£4,000 per year
Lol - im brand new to driving and i pay 600 USD on a new car.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6705

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

£4,000 per year
Not just me, I pay 2,000 of it. I'm married and she pays the other half.

Insurance group 18, have 2 speeding tickets and I'm 20 in March this year so I get completely raped on insurance. < Not working?

working now

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2009-01-07 18:13:22)

Reciprocity
+721|6714|the dank(super) side of Oregon

phishman420 wrote:

Speeding ticket was BS because I had a radar detector that didn't go off until the cop was on my ass with his sirens on.
lol.

I've asked cops how they feel about detectors,  they've all said it's a guaranteed ticket if they pull you over and see one.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5814

VicktorVauhn wrote:

So you spent over 20k on a car with out even looking into insurance costs?
How are you surprised your getting raped on insurance with that driving record and a brand new sporty car?
I knew the cost would be much higher than my Jeep, but I didn't think it would be $3000 a year.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6525|Southern California
lol, how do you not check that ahead of time? You will loose probably at least 3k getting rid of that car

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard