tblackb1rd
+2|5726|North Carolina, USA
I think it was fun back then, but of course you know that a game can't stay on the same patch forever. That is why they are making 1.5(in theory)
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6699|England

I only joined BF2 a few weeks before 1.3 came around, but I do miss squad hopping. V1.0 and the demo showed me how smooth the game can be, so why it ended up as it is, is anybodies guess.

I would say BF2 was at its best early on, due to the amount of people playing it and the "assumed" teamwork and map rotations early on.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6786|pimelteror.de
the more patches came out, more imbalanced features of this game were removed. there was no skill needed to use a c4 macro or to dolphindive like rd volx. only because at the early times of this game, more players were playing it, doesn´t mean, that there were more skilled players back then and there are only noobs left today...
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6461

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

the more patches came out, more imbalanced features of this game were removed. there was no skill needed to use a c4 macro or to dolphindive like rd volx. only because at the early times of this game, more players were playing it, doesn´t mean, that there were more skilled players back then and there are only noobs left today...
maybe i just suck but i still cant hit people who do that jump prone bullshit until they're on the ground. I guess I gotta be aiming more behind them then at them
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6698|Area 51

Aries_37 wrote:

Topic for debate: Battlefield 2 was at it's best during patch 1.12 (maybe 1.2 at a stretch). This is when the best players played, the game required the most skill and 90% of 'good' players now are only good because all the high skillerz have already left for greener pastures. If a magic time machine transported these newbs back to 1.12 they would get raped by the top teams.

Discuss.
/Agree. End of thread.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6476|California

Im_Dooomed wrote:

maybe i just suck but i still cant hit people who do that jump prone bullshit until they're on the ground. I guess I gotta be aiming more behind them then at them
When somebody goes prone, even if their model isn't at the ground yet, their hotbox is. I've killed people who do that dolphin diving shit when I was (close-range) sniping and they end up failing out mid-air because I aim right below them when they prone or dolphin dive and they get killed.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6275
The best counter to people who strafe in the air then prone is to wait until they do it, then do the exact same move yourself.  Their first burst is nearly always wasted on trying to hit you while you're in midair, then you land and fill their face full of lead.

Last edited by Arnie_Ze_Austrian (2009-01-04 13:40:42)

HSG
+23|6607|British Columbia, Canada

blah wrote:

I loved BF2 until 1.3

-there was no IO
-Not many hackers and cheaters
-All maps were equally played(as opposite to now where there is only 1 zatar server somewhere in the fucking Fiji,,90% of other people play Wake only/ Karkland IO )
-you could chuck C4
-it was all around fun and people were great,you could really have a time with your mates
True but i still love it.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6756|EU

Try AIX2 mod, pretty similar to BF2 as it used to be
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6708|London

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Your last sentence makes sense. Shame about the rest of it though

It didn't take more skill because there were more players. The point everyone has been making is that the movement was more fluid back then. It was another factor to consider in every fight. Nowadays I bet most fights are just: prone, aim, click, click, *hitreg* click, *hitreg*.
I'm sure some players now still try to put on some moves but I bet they are all oldskool players. The new guys can only play their patch.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6587|USA
1.41 is the best because the most people play it kthxbaifags
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6612|Vancouver, USA
I didnt start playing bf2 till 1.3.... what a place to start
adv3rsary
+28|6849
the only question that comes to mind is: who cares?
1.12 is long gone. it isn't coming back. Those players are also gone and not coming back. Why are you dwelling on the past?
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6612|Vancouver, USA

adv3rsary wrote:

the only question that comes to mind is: who cares?
1.12 is long gone. it isn't coming back. Those players are also gone and not coming back. Why are you dwelling on the past?
Thats the only thing we have left.

Its like we are senile old men who just complain about the good ole days.  At least thats how I cope with it
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6901|Tenn
jumping while shooting(fluidity), 800m tv missiles, 14 rockets in chopper, being behind a sandbag and being unkillable,no vehicle drops, no UAV's.

granted the LMG's couldnt hit shit, and the GL would kill anything within 10 feet and it exploded on impact.

ahh memories
thepilot91
+64|6369|Åland!
hate @ 1.3 server crashes but <3 at everything else before and during the honeymoons

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard