deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6655|Connecticut

mafia996630 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

I went to Dubai for a couple of weeks so no i guess i haven't really been to the ME.
oh ya?  nice place.  where did you stay?
Can't remember now, was a good couple of years back. In a shithole (compared to 6 star hotels they got now it was!)
Where is that Bullshit Flag SGT Heihn has?
Malloy must go
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6649|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/EV1L1/114_bsflag.gif
You mean this little gem?
san4
The Mas
+311|6850|NYC, a place to live

Dilbert_X wrote:

Gaza has been blockaded.
So "incredible anger" isn't the reason Iran supplies Hamas with money, training, and missiles to shoot at Israeli towns?
san4
The Mas
+311|6850|NYC, a place to live

m3thod wrote:

san4 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The missiles are dumb TBH, but when your country has been blockaded for years there is an incredible anger which has to be released.
Since when has Iran been blockaded?
34 pages of hamas vs isreal in gaza and you inject..........Iran?
You've made a dozen posts in this thread without knowing that Iran supplies Hamas with money, training and weapons?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6268|eXtreme to the maX

san4 wrote:

So "incredible anger" isn't the reason Iran supplies Hamas with money, training, and missiles to shoot at Israeli towns?
Probably it is, its also a proxy war against an enemy ally, a concept the US is very familiar with.

Now can you explain why America supplies Israel with unlimited money, training and bombs and missiles for the Israelis to fire at the Palestinians, the Lebanese, the Syrians and soon the Iranians?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6573|'Murka

ghettoperson wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If it is white phos its criminal to be using it in Gaza.
It does look like WP, which is what I was getting at before. However, it's not at all criminal if it's used in the manner it is being used (and was used in Fallujah): as a smoke initiator, a target marker, or illuminator.

If WP shells were being shot into Gaza directly (as opposed to bursting hundreds of feet overhead), then it would certainly violate international law. They aren't, so it doesn't.
What about Kerry's photos? The last one looks like what you describe to be WP, but the first two with the hot particles? Or is that simple what they look like when they burst overhead?
The latter. It burns and gives off the white smoke, so until the particles burn out, they glow like that.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

ATG wrote:

Seriously though, step away from the BBC and the anti Israel jaggernaut and ask yourself; why should israel tolerate random rocket fire?

Israel booted settlers, even dug up graves to reloccate the bodies of jews so they could have their dirt back.

What did they get? Rockets. Thousands of rockets and a bunch of idiots dancing in the streets proclaiming they had beat the jews.

Fuck 'em.  Send in nurses to remove all children under the age of ten and bomb the place flat.
They shouldn't tolerate random rocket fire. They should address the issues leading people to constantly rise up in the face of settlement building, denial of the right of return, the absence of reparations for hundreds of thousands of refugees, the annexation of East Jerusalem, Ariel, Ma'ale Adumim, etc. They should bilaterally negotiate a withdrawal from the West Bank with FATAH and fuck Hamas. Any legitimacy Hamas might have had will wane - the only reason they got in in the first place was as a protest vote against - you guessed it - corrupt Fatah politicians.

ATG - there will always be rockets. Always. You can't bulldoze 1.5 million people. Well you can but then you'd be no better than Hitler which would in turn thoroughly justify your own liquidation at the hands of karma.
So...let's see.

Israel pulls out of Gaza.

Israel demolishes all settlements in Gaza and forcibly moves Israelis out of Gaza...often against their will.

Why exactly is Hamas launching rockets at Israel again?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

The modern military is borrowing an idea from Robin Hood to deal with unexploded landmines. Patents filed by US defence contractor Raytheon concede that current landmine clearance is ineffective, especially if mines are in sand or under water.

But the company has developed a shell containing hundreds of steel "arrows" ? 155 millimetres long and 15 mm in diameter ? that can trigger landmines with a single shot.

Each rod has a flared rear end, like the feathers of an arrow, and hundreds can be packed into a single cylindrical shell. This shell can be lobbed into a mined area and just before impact a charge behind the arrows will fire them downwards. The metal flights will keep the arrows on a straight course so that they pepper the area at high velocity and at regular spaces.
They are Landmine clearing darts. I found a link that included that in the caption at work today. I'll look for it again.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

It does look like WP, which is what I was getting at before. However, it's not at all criminal if it's used in the manner it is being used (and was used in Fallujah): as a smoke initiator, a target marker, or illuminator.
Doesn't look like its being used in that manner here.
This looks like a groundburst no?
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … ra-001.jpg
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ja … -artillery
That could easily be a non-WP smoke round (like on tanks and such).

Dilbert_X wrote:

BTW You're out of step with your own govt, its been admitted it was used as an anti-personnel weapon in Fallujah.
Source.
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Israeli TV commentators said shelling could be used to clear Hamas-laid minefields ahead of a possible ground invasion. Israeli troops are massed on the border waiting for orders to go in
And what is the point of shelling a minefield with WP exactly?
Or airbursting WP over civilian areas?
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 … mines.html
http://www.boingboing.net/2005/11/27/dr … f-arr.html

I'm surprised our military experts didn't explain this..lol.
That's not what those pics looked like.
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6315|what

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

BTW You're out of step with your own govt, its been admitted it was used as an anti-personnel weapon in Fallujah.
Source.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2853

Worth a read feos.

But in the end, a Washington Post reporter summed it up accurately in a story on European attitudes to the Iraq war. A month after the Post’s chief foreign editor had plaintively insisted to a reader that “we wrote about this at the time,” reporter John Ward Anderson (12/9/05) admitted that “U.S. troops’ use of white phosphorus in combat in Iraq has generated considerable attention in Europe, though little in the United States.”
And one such BBC story can be found here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4440664.stm

Last edited by TheAussieReaper (2009-01-05 20:41:38)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And what is the point of shelling a minefield with WP exactly?
Or airbursting WP over civilian areas?

Each rod has a flared rear end, like the feathers of an arrow, and hundreds can be packed into a single cylindrical shell. This shell can be lobbed into a mined area and just before impact a charge behind the arrows will fire them downwards. The metal flights will keep the arrows on a straight course so that they pepper the area at high velocity and at regular spaces.
Really? It did to me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

Israel has been warning Palestinians using cell phones and pamphlets (they call it knocking on the roof). Hamas then knows which buildings are about to be hit and they send force martyrs women and children to those buildings. They use ambulances as troop transport. Hamas has spent the last two years turning apartment buildings, schoolhouses, and hospitals into weapons depots and military bases. How can anyone champion that?
And ALL of those would be violations of the Geneva Convention.

By Hamas.
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Really? It did to me.
The bright burning points and white smoke give it away. The munitions in your links would be a lot less "showy" when deployed.
― Albert Einstein

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

I'm looking for the caption (Not that a caption is always accurate). It said something like "special explosives for clearing minefields".

The ones I speak of have flare tipped ends.. that is showy no?

Each rod has a flared rear end, like the feathers of an arrow, and hundreds can be packed into a single cylindrical shell.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Source.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2853

Worth a read feos.

But in the end, a Washington Post reporter summed it up accurately in a story on European attitudes to the Iraq war. A month after the Post’s chief foreign editor had plaintively insisted to a reader that “we wrote about this at the time,” reporter John Ward Anderson (12/9/05) admitted that “U.S. troops’ use of white phosphorus in combat in Iraq has generated considerable attention in Europe, though little in the United States.”
And one such BBC story can be found here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4440664.stm
Interesting.

BBC wrote:

Washington is not a signatory to an international treaty restricting the use of the substance against civilians.
Col Venable told the BBC's PM radio programme that the US army used white phosphorus incendiary munitions "primarily as obscurants, for smokescreens or target marking in some cases.

"However it is an incendiary weapon and may be used against enemy combatants."
Dilbert's implication was that it was used illegally in Fallujah. Apparently not.

Pesky facts.
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

I'm looking for the caption (Not that a caption is always accurate). It said something like "special explosives for clearing minefields".

The ones I speak of have flare tipped ends.. that is showy no?

Each rod has a flared rear end, like the feathers of an arrow, and hundreds can be packed into a single cylindrical shell.
But not brightly burning.
― Albert Einstein

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

A non brightly burning flare? Sweet feathery hell what is this world coming to.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6315|what

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert's implication was that it was used illegally in Fallujah. Apparently not.

Pesky facts.
I though that was your ascertation also: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p2449528

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If WP shells were being shot into Gaza directly (as opposed to bursting hundreds of feet overhead), then it would certainly violate international law. They aren't, so it doesn't.
So I guess, by your standards they were, so it was illegal in the case of Fallujah.

Good thing the US didn't sign up to the munitions treaty then.
FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

san4 wrote:

Probably it is, its also a proxy war against an enemy ally, a concept the US is very familiar with.

Now can you explain why America supplies Israel with unlimited money, training and bombs and missiles for the Israelis to fire at the Palestinians, the Lebanese, the Syrians and soon the Iranians?
Probably for the same reason we provide aid to Palestine and Lebanon.
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

A flared end =/= a flare (burning) on the end.

Each rod has a flared rear end, like the feathers of an arrow
― Albert Einstein

FEOS
+1,182|6573|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Pesky facts.
I though that was your ascertation also: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p2449528

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

So I guess, by your standards they were, so it was illegal in the case of Fallujah.

Good thing the US didn't sign up to the munitions treaty then.
The key thing you're missing there is Dilbert's assertion that it is being used on civilians (hence being shot directly into Gaza).

Completely different situation than Fallujah.
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6315|what

It's not a selective weapon, illegal when fired on civilians (or should be, has Israel signed the treaty?) I can't see how it would even be prudent to fire into Gaza which is known to be full of civilians.

But that's beside the fact, we aren't positive it even is\was WP.

I hope to hell it isn't.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6691|Global Command
Israel knows there are a thousand cameras pointed at them waiting for any excuse to give the U.N. reason to pass another resolution against them.

They are not that stupid. If there was evidence of willy peter being used by Israel it would be all over the Arab news and youtube.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6763|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

A flared end =/= a flare (burning) on the end.

Each rod has a flared rear end, like the feathers of an arrow
I thought it was in fact flare showy because the darts contain DETA and continue spinning when they hit the ground.
Shortly after contact with the ground, the dart releases the DETA. If the mine is not detonated upon impact the DETA corrodes the explosive filling without detonating it. DETA has proven effective against various types of explosives, including those most commonly used in landmines.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard