Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5598|Dublin, Ireland

Catch|Phantom wrote:

The best pilots to fly in bf2 flew a long time ago, and the pilots of today cannot match their skill. That is my honest opinion. The days when Spitzbueb, mcmt, me and cali flew, that is the era of good Bf2 pilots. I am not saying that todays pilots suck, bucause they most definetely don't. I am just saying that if I met whomever is the best pilot half a year ago, he would probably beat me, but if i had the skill i had back in the old days (one and a half year ago or so), then he would lose.

My list of the best pilots throughout bf2 history is:

Spitzbueb
Mcmt
Califragilistic
Woo
[Unknown american pilot i met in tournament 2v2]
Ulfivan
Star-3
4ssault
Rabbit
Shithead
Zeqtr

This list is without placing myself, but fact of the matter is that i beat Spitzbueb 10-8 and mcmt 10-6, both on Kubra Dam. Sorry for anyone I may have forgot, a long time since i flew and my memory is beginning to fade
Nice to see you here mate, is that woo from Epsilon AKA Unrealtis?

Also Phantom, I generally think Zeqtr could take most of them guys if you took Zeqtrs skill now and their skill when they quit. Zeqtr's 'Ingame IQ' is way ahead of any active pilot atm, that boy got skilz & brainz.

Last edited by Oisín | Irishpride (2009-01-05 12:41:53)

Catch|Phantom
+3|6176|Norway
1. Phantom (i win )
2. Spitzbueb
3. Mcmt
4. GodbeaR
5. Adri
6. Califragilistic
7. Sarge
8. Selaron
9. Miche
10. Jinky

After finding my old list, i post this instead. The list above I just found fast because i couldn't really remember which pilots were good and their nicks or skills etc. But this list is the proper one Thank you!
zeddius
+5|5712

Catch|Phantom wrote:

1. Phantom (i win )
2. Spitzbueb
3. Mcmt
4. GodbeaR
5. Adri
6. Califragilistic
7. Sarge
8. Selaron
9. Miche
10. Jinky

After finding my old list, i post this instead. The list above I just found fast because i couldn't really remember which pilots were good and their nicks or skills etc. But this list is the proper one Thank you!
He is referring to a similar thread started quite some time ago :

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=87043&p=3
zVelocity
+13|5926|California

Catch|Phantom wrote:

The best pilots to fly in bf2 flew a long time ago, and the pilots of today cannot match their skill. That is my honest opinion. The days when Spitzbueb, mcmt, me and cali flew, that is the era of good Bf2 pilots. I am not saying that todays pilots suck, bucause they most definetely don't. I am just saying that if I met whomever is the best pilot half a year ago, he would probably beat me, but if i had the skill i had back in the old days (one and a half year ago or so), then he would lose.

Spitzbueb
Mcmt
Califragilistic
Woo
Ulfivan
Star-3
4ssault
Rabbit
Shithead
Zeqtr

This list is without placing myself, but fact of the matter is that i beat Spitzbueb 10-8 and mcmt 10-6, both on Kubra Dam. Sorry for anyone I may have forgot, a long time since i flew and my memory is beginning to fade
I think your honest opinion is full of shit.. Califrag made dozens of mistakes (mistakes that rabb/zeqtr DON'T make) in his flying, he wasn't good, you are just being really biased. I also really hope that list isn't in order. Listing two random american pilots that you met in 2v2 is also very credible for being the best you have ever flown against..

Last edited by zVelocity (2009-01-05 13:14:22)

Cute.Nemean^inf
+70|6329|The Netherlands
Fin_jetwhore has allways been my hero

http://bf2s.com/player/124948402/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWAGwcrb6s

Last edited by -supremecars- (2009-01-05 13:13:45)

battlejim
+1|5606|Air
Well, at least I have seen my name in this oldtimer list !
Catch|Phantom
+3|6176|Norway

zVelocity wrote:

Catch|Phantom wrote:

Spitzbueb
Mcmt
Califragilistic
Woo
Ulfivan
Star-3
4ssault
Rabbit
Shithead
Zeqtr

I think your honest opinion is full of shit.. Califrag made dozens of mistakes (mistakes that rabb/zeqtr DON'T make) in his flying, he wasn't good, you are just being really biased. I also really hope that list isn't in order.
How come you say that? You can see from calis movies that he did mistakes? Ofc he did mistakes. All pilots do mistakes. That's the way the oposition pilot wins. If you are referring to "dogfighter", then it was all filmed on the same day, with cali having a hangover and it was all over in a matter of hours. It was not the gathering of all the best 1v1's he had over a long period. Todays movies are being editet over and over and over to get the best kills, the best shots and the best action. Ofc it looks the best, but a movie does not win a fight.
zVelocity
+13|5926|California

Catch|Phantom wrote:

zVelocity wrote:

Catch|Phantom wrote:

Spitzbueb
Mcmt
Califragilistic
Woo
Ulfivan
Star-3
4ssault
Rabbit
Shithead
Zeqtr

I think your honest opinion is full of shit.. Califrag made dozens of mistakes (mistakes that rabb/zeqtr DON'T make) in his flying, he wasn't good, you are just being really biased. I also really hope that list isn't in order.
How come you say that? You can see from calis movies that he did mistakes? Ofc he did mistakes. All pilots do mistakes. That's the way the oposition pilot wins. If you are referring to "dogfighter", then it was all filmed on the same day, with cali having a hangover and it was all over in a matter of hours. It was not the gathering of all the best 1v1's he had over a long period. Todays movies are being editet over and over and over to get the best kills, the best shots and the best action. Ofc it looks the best, but a movie does not win a fight.
Obviously you haven't had a fair fight against rabbit or zeqtr to know that pilots DO NOT make mistakes if they are any good...
jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.
Spitzbueb
Mcmt
Califragilistic
Woo
Ulfivan
Star-3
4ssault
Rabbit
Shithead
Zeqtr
Catch|Phantom
+3|6176|Norway

zVelocity wrote:

Catch|Phantom wrote:

zVelocity wrote:

Obviously you haven't had a fair fight against rabbit or zeqtr to know that pilots DO NOT make mistakes if they are any good...
Hahaha! Perhaps not mistakes you can use to YOUR advantage, but I certainly can, and HAVE!
zVelocity
+13|5926|California

Catch|Phantom wrote:

Hahaha! Perhaps not mistakes you can use to YOUR advantage, but I certainly can, and HAVE!
You are truly ignorant.
Catch|Phantom
+3|6176|Norway

zVelocity wrote:

Catch|Phantom wrote:

You are truly ignorant.
It is you that is ignorant. I have beaten rabbit, so what you moaning about?
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6204
to all you old schoolers!

@fail fail fail. how me and zVelo can find mistakes, rofl we are prob. the only pilots from the REAL good days that are here today. Wana know why we know he made mistakes, because we simply have been flying since 2006?!?

rofl cali couldnt even use rudder properly for crying out loud. and btw i spent 1 day to get my footage for my fragmovie so@fail again. , i guess prob. irish did too, i mean ffs?

back in the old days you were circling like headless chickens, you werent even meeting at the middle as we do now.  And actually, while i was watching his movie, i could find 100000+++++ openings in his dogfights.

You dont loose your skill in a jet by going inactive for months/years? i mean Rabbit shows it all the time, he comes back rapes the fuck out of everybody and then he goes afk, same with kylling same with zVelo? Ulf-ivan fail, he circles like mad. star-3 well he was actually good tbh, mcmt was slowing down to take down heli`s nuff said. spitzbueb got raped by undertaker...

phantom, jeg må daske deg på rauva snart azz ; D

Last edited by ZeqTr (2009-01-06 06:18:50)

Akaorcram
+3|5599
Well most Videos of today are the same way cali did i think.... i know selaron wasnt even ask to film xD (He told me) today you just ask the people if they want to be in a good Dogfight Movie

So realy skill and experience is Somthing different.

The Problem is realy:

Dogfighting as everything in this game made a very good progress. Using brakes in our days shows your the "underdog" in a fight.
Aswell the Dogfighters inevented more and more moves to evade, get behind somone and so on. Phantom was one you saw Dogfighting in the early days. Today we have kinda a Middle level. We are not many Dogfighters but still we make all our progress and its nice to see that. The skilllimit is still far away and Cali was never outskilled.... aswell i heard from a Dogfighter, that flys since old days (i say now no name) that you(Phantom) were beaten by Captiva is that right? .... Well and stop making a list realy i shouldnt make one but true skill shows in a conquest match and there counts experience i THINK!

Well lets see how the Dogfighting in BF2(3) will improve

ps: CLOSE THIS PLEASE

EDIT: My very very very good english 

Last edited by Akaorcram (2009-01-05 13:41:58)

zVelocity
+13|5926|California

Catch|Phantom wrote:

zVelocity wrote:

Catch|Phantom wrote:

You are truly ignorant.
Because if you were actually any good you wouldn't haven't gotten so bad after not flying.
Catch|Phantom
+3|6176|Norway

zVelocity wrote:

Catch|Phantom wrote:

zVelocity wrote:

You are truly ignorant.
Because if you were actually any good you wouldn't haven't gotten so bad after not flying.
Strange how I have never lost a proper 1v1 fight Including winning all dogfight tournaments i have joined.
zVelocity
+13|5926|California

Catch|Phantom wrote:

Strange how I have never lost a proper 1v1 fight Including winning all dogfight tournaments i have joined.
DogfightS.avi

Last edited by zVelocity (2009-01-05 13:37:59)

jord
Kids these days should learn modesty. Especially if you are "good" at one aspect of a 4 year old game.

Lulz
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6204
stfu, go play inf what your not even good at jord

Dogfighting as Akaorcra said has changed. Rabbit and kylling1 changed it completely, it wasn’t like back in your days phantom were you guys just randomly flew around the map hunting the opponent. Today we meet in the middle, and from there on it’s based on ingame IQ and how fast you find your openings. Back in your days it was take off and the match was on? And then when they got behind you, you just started to circle? 

Well well…..

Last edited by ZeqTr (2009-01-05 13:47:24)

jord

ZeqTr wrote:

stfu, go play inf what your not even good at jord
Yes sir.
Catch|Phantom
+3|6176|Norway

ZeqTr wrote:

to all you old schoolers!

@fail fail fail. how me and zVelo can find mistakes, rofl we are prob. the only pilots from the REAL good days that are here today. Wana why we know he made mistakes, because we simply have been flying since 2006?!?

rofl cali couldnt even use rudder properly for crying out loud. and btw i spent 1 day to get my footage for my fragmovie so@fail again. , i guess prob. irish did too, i mean ffs?

back in the old days you were circling like headless chickens, you werent even meeting at the middle as we do now.  And actually, while i was watching his movie, i could find 100000+++++ openings in his dogfights.

You dont loose your skill in a jet by going inactive for months/years? i mean Rabbit shows it all the time, he comes back rapes the fuck out of everybody and then he goes afk, same with kylling same with zVelo? Ulf-ivan fail, he circles like mad. star-3 well he was actually good tbh, mcmt was slowing down to take down heli`s nuff said. spitzbueb got raped by undertaker...

phantom, jeg må daske deg på rauva snart azz ; D
Du tar desverre heftig feil

Circling in the old days? lol. i never circles cali, mcmt, spitz, godbear or adri, so don't get the point.

And you and zVelo are the only good pilots from the REAL good days? How come you couldn't even kill anything, let alone zVelo kill anything, or win anything when me, cali, mcmt, adri, spitz and godbear ruled the skies?

So meeting int he middle is the way to go, for a skilled match? Actually the old days when the pilots flew around the edges of the map, reaction on a split second to when he had someone on his tale and shaking him of, was sooo much more about skill. MO at least.

Please don't compare old pilots to new pilots when they have met now or when they have been rusty. I would like to see undertake take out spitz when I was in CatchGamer. My ass if he would. Mcmt had an awsome dogfighting tactic, extremely skilled pilot witch a tacc i have never seen anyone done before.

And. ofc. you get rusty for being inactive a while, i experience that myself, unless you want to tell me I have never been a good pilot?
zVelocity
+13|5926|California

Catch|Phantom wrote:

Circling in the old days? lol. i never circles cali, mcmt, spitz, godbear or adri, so don't get the point.

And you and zVelo are the only good pilots from the REAL good days? How come you couldn't even kill anything, let alone zVelo kill anything, or win anything when me, cali, mcmt, adri, spitz and godbear ruled the skies?

So meeting int he middle is the way to go, for a skilled match? Actually the old days when the pilots flew around the edges of the map, reaction on a split second to when he had someone on his tale and shaking him of, was sooo much more about skill. MO at least.

Please don't compare old pilots to new pilots when they have met now or when they have been rusty. I would like to see undertake take out spitz when I was in CatchGamer. My ass if he would. Mcmt had an awsome dogfighting tactic, extremely skilled pilot witch a tacc i have never seen anyone done before.

And. ofc. you get rusty for being inactive a while, i experience that myself, unless you want to tell me I have never been a good pilot?
Why is it that I can stop for half a year and still be my same level (maybe slightly worse), rabbit can stop for a year and only be slightly worse, 4ssault/kylling can stop for even longer and still has his mojo, but you can't? Hmm... very strange. And what the hell? Undertaker? Good job pulling a random pilot out of your ass.
Catch|Phantom
+3|6176|Norway

zVelocity wrote:

Catch|Phantom wrote:

Why is it that I can stop for half a year and still be my same level (maybe slightly worse), rabbit can stop for a year and only be slightly worse, 4ssault/kylling can stop for even longer and still has his mojo, but you can't? Hmm... very strange. And what the hell? Undertaker? Good job pulling a random pilot out of your ass.
Wasn't me who mentioned undertaker, mister. I don't know what it is all about, but I am not that way. And i have beaten them all in my glory days, so i still don't get the point?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5703
Do you guys ever show your friends(if it has a penis/likes to dress like a boy it doesn't count) your post in this thread?

"Hey I like to use my free time getting into an argument about who is better in a video game over message boards with random people halfway across the world."
zVelocity
+13|5926|California

Catch|Phantom wrote:

Wasn't me who mentioned undertaker, mister. I don't know what it is all about, but I am not that way. And i have beaten them all in my glory days, so i still don't get the point?
Which makes your point invalid because you haven't beaten anyone like rabbit or zeqtr in their glory days. GJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fV8q79I … annel_page

Last edited by zVelocity (2009-01-05 13:59:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard