FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6539|Boston, MA

Zimmer wrote:

Gooners wrote:

ZOMG!

Me wants Gran Turismo 5!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr
I think that game will be a spec on the list of games that are coming out this year. Never been that impressed by it. It's too unforgiving, just like MCLA.
LOL, you honestly think GT5 will be a "speck on the list"? Even if you don't like it, it is by far the most popular racing series ever made. GT3 is the 12th best selling game of all time with 11 million copies sold. GT1 was the 16th best selling game of all time with 10.5 million copies sold. And GT2 was the 23rd best selling game of all time with 8.5 million copies sold. Just because you personally don't like it, doesn't mean that it's not going to be one of the biggest games, if not the biggest, in 2009...
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6521|Gold Coast
I might be looking at H.A.W.X.

And thats pretty much about it.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6605|Michigan, USA

Zimmer wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Lets not get all too hyped about K2.... The first game got raped by critics and ( although not for me ) was a disappointment to the gaming industry in general ( I don't understand why, I played that game non-stop for so long ). So lets not bet on anything majestic for K2, remembering that there was just as much hype for K1...
True, but the first one was great.  And remember this game was in development way before the PS3 was out.  And it looks amazing.
Yeah, all very true. I never understood why critics were so harsh with the first one. It does look amazing, I will give you that. I loved the storyline, I just hope K2 will surpass it by a mile.
Killzone was slaughtered by critics as it was wildly thought as Sonys "Halo killer" and it fell flat in that respect.  Ive played it, but never really enjoyed it.  Was just a rather generic shooter honestly, the gameplay just felt bland all over, enviroments were bland, the music wasn't exactly fitting, the ambience wasn't there, it was jsut bland.  Not a terrible game, but not exactly a good game either.

Even though I don't own a PS3 I must admit that Killzone 2 looks great, at least from the videos and teaser pics they've shown off, just hope it wont fail as badly as the orginal, which I personally hated.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6446|Brisbane, Australia
I thought prototype comes out on 360 as well...
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5974|London, England

Just cutscenes mostly, I don't expect many of them to look or play that nicely
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

Machine_Madness wrote:

I thought prototype comes out on 360 as well...
PS3, PC and X360.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

Gran Turismo 5 will be one of the biggest titles in 2009 ... gotta get done with my last two S class races before release
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6741|St. Andrews / Oslo

Bell wrote:

When is GT5 out anyway?  Spamming suzuka in a GTR is starting to bore me
go get a real racing sim then.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

Bell wrote:

No date is final yet but i've heard everything from July (prolly the Japanese release) to November (USA) and December (Europe)

When Prologue came out the rumor was January 2009 but i guess that was just BS ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

Jenspm wrote:

Bell wrote:

Like what, rfactor?  That game anoys me.  GTR evolution was alright, but GT5 rapes everything (except the bumper car aspect).
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6741|St. Andrews / Oslo

Bell wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Bell wrote:

Like what, rfactor?  That game anoys me.  GTR evolution was alright, but GT5 rapes everything (except the bumper car aspect).
rFactor, LFS, GTR-E, Race07, GTR2, etc.

GT5 has better graphics, but the above have better driving experiences.

GT5 is still awsm though. I'll assume they've fixed the understeer from GT4 (seriously, no matter what car I chose, I had understeer problems).
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

Cant say I ever noticed, you did turn off the driver aids right?  ASM and TC kill the handling.  Only thing buggin me at the moment with it is, I have the G25, and I cant seem to find an option, to select the steering lock.  Its anoying in the F1 car since, if you slide the car, its very difficult to try and get the lock back in the opposite direction fast enough.  You need to make, two or three full 360 turns to go from full left, to full right lock.  I've never seen Hamilton have to feed the wheel at 200mph   Ohh, and the fact that, if you look in the mirrors, the graphics are pretty poor.

Needs damage so online isnt so much of a cunt.  Sometimes I think every bastard in the world signs on at the same time as me, I've never done more than one online race in a sitting because getting ramed off the track pisses me off so much.  I mean getting nudged off the racing line, and greedy driving, is stuff I contend with IRL on the track.  But I mean, purposly ramming you at over 150 so you are totally out of the race.  And the whole disappearing, and reappearing cars.  grrr  (see below, part 3 of a review, specific to the problems with GT5 P online).

Other than that it rapes, especially on professional.  Need a steering wheel though with the clutch, makes all the difference.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard