deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6497|Connecticut

usmarine wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

usmarine wrote:

well it says a lot about you that you dont need insurance to get taken care of in this country.  you can go to any public hospital and get taken care of.  i know people who have been unemployed and had to do such things.
Are we talking denmark or US now? I'm confused
the US.  hence the words "in this country."
Don't bother with him man. He is like the Danish Rammunition.
Malloy must go
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
Mmmm Danish
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6290|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

usmarine wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

usmarine wrote:

well it says a lot about you that you dont need insurance to get taken care of in this country.  you can go to any public hospital and get taken care of.  i know people who have been unemployed and had to do such things.
Since when? Last time I saw anything in the news/movies/you name it, the US clinics refuse to treat anyone without insurance or cash
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FloppY_
­

jord wrote:

Mmmm Danish
The funny thing is, we call it "wienerbrød", which means Vienna Bread, as in Vienna in Austria
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

FloppY_ wrote:

Since when? Last time I saw anything in the news/movies/you name it, the US clinics refuse to treat anyone without insurance or cash
nope.  a public / county hospital cannot do that.  lol you said movies.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6399|The Gem Saloon

FloppY_ wrote:

usmarine wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

links to articles?

FloppY_ wrote:

movies
those dont count man...
FloppY_
­

usmarine wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Documentaries can be movies too tbh... -.-
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

FloppY_ wrote:

usmarine wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

dont start
FloppY_
­

usmarine wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

usmarine wrote:

dont start
bah.. goodnight then >.> obviously can't talk about anything with you americans today
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

FloppY_ wrote:

bah.. goodnight then >.> obviously can't talk about anything with you americans today
i am not going to talk about fat fuck moore, so dont start is what i was saying.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX
Then keep out of the discussion.

Maybe someone should make a doco about the real state of healthcare in the US.
From what I have seen, talking to Americans and looking at the figures, the US economy seems to be groaning under the weight of private healthcare, just look at the shit the automakers are in with the UAW and their healthcare perks, and the average American is totally shit-scared of losing their health insurance.

No doubt Obama will wave his magic wand (Juju stick?) and it will all be solved
At least having a try would be worthwhile, but just so long as you guys are paying taxes to help mexicans I'm fine with it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina

FloppY_ wrote:

usmarine wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Actually...  what tends to happen is that people who can't afford it tend not to get service until they end up in the ER.  Then, they have to be served, but the costs get passed to those of us that do pay.

This happens a LOT with illegal immigrants.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland

Turquoise wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Actually...  what tends to happen is that people who can't afford it tend not to get service until they end up in the ER.  Then, they have to be served, but the costs get passed to those of us that do pay.

Actually that saves a lot of money because many die or have a shortened life from lack of health care that keeps them out of the system.
Turquoise
O Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Actually that saves a lot of money because many die or have a shortened life from lack of health care that keeps them out of the system.
Not really...  expenses incurred from ER visits generally outcost preventive healthcare by a longshot.  This is true whether you're talking about legals or illegals.

Regular visits to the doctor can often prevent exponentially more expensive conditions from developing later.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6415|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Not really...  expenses incurred from ER visits generally outcost preventive healthcare by a longshot.  This is true whether you're talking about legals or illegals.

Regular visits to the doctor can often prevent exponentially more expensive conditions from developing later.
If only health plans (including government plans) promoted preventative treatment instead of emergent treatment. I've found that government health care is great if you're sick...it sucks balls if you're trying to keep from getting sick.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

If only health plans (including government plans) promoted preventative treatment instead of emergent treatment. I've found that government health care is great if you're sick...it sucks balls if you're trying to keep from getting sick.
Absolutely.  The most successful healthcare plans (socialized or otherwise) are preventive in most of their efforts.  Good health is reflected in daily life, not in how impressive your doctors are at fixing major problems.

In America, far too much effort is put toward "heroic" medicine, when a few simple changes in lifestyle would fix half of our problems.  Regular visits are a good first step.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX
Preventive healthcare is a personal responsibility IMO, unfortunately only really works if you're reasonably intelligent and educated.
Most people aren't, but its still cost effective for the govt to do it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Preventive healthcare is a personal responsibility IMO, unfortunately only really works if you're reasonably intelligent and educated.
Half of it is...  The other half is a matter of diagnosis.

Eating healthy, exercising, and avoiding bad habits like smoking are personal responsibilities, but regular visits are essential to diagnosing ailments when they start or before they occur.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6415|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Preventative medicine also requires routine tests...which many (especially govt) plans do not pay for. Now, if you're sick (ie, ER or inpatient) and the doctor orders the exact same test, it's no problem. That's what I was talking about...things over and above what the individual can do on their own.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5907|MN
What does Abraham Lincoln , John F Kennedy and Barry Obama have in common?     

Nothing Yet!!!
imortal
+240|6669|Austin, TX

Schittloaf wrote:

What does Abraham Lincoln , John F Kennedy and Barry Obama have in common?     

Nothing Yet!!!
No need for anything like that.  I do not like Obama.  I did not vote for Obama.  But I do not wish him any ill will, and I fervently hope and pray that when Obama finally dies, it is due to old age.  Plus, he has been elected, and I now wait for him to prove that I was wrong about him, and see if he actually carries through with some of the 'bi-partisan' things he was promising.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland

imortal wrote:

No need for anything like that.  I do not like Obama.  I did not vote for Obama.  But I do not wish him any ill will, and I fervently hope and pray that when Obama finally dies, it is due to old age.  Plus, he has been elected, and I now wait for him to prove that I was wrong about him, and see if he actually carries through with some of the 'bi-partisan' things he was promising.
AMEN.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard