CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6834|Missoula, MT
Has anyone else noticed the top players (highest scores only) have seemed to slow down at gaining points lately?  Think they've lost interest yet? 

Maybe they need more cowbell?

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-10-07 11:10:22)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6812
https://img309.imageshack.us/img309/2699/ferrellcowbell0la26pf.gif

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-07 10:56:39)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6770
Or the anti-point farming works...
Ravlen
+0|6772
They were all racing to be the top rank... but well, no point now (at least no point until they add Officer Ranks formally)

ravlen
McGruff
+0|6770
Yep, you are right. With my SPM i have been gaining almost 500+ points everycouple days on them. I think the stat padders are losing interest.
Sgt.Medic
+0|6769
nah the game seems to hit a low when you hit Gunnery Sgt. (before patch was out)
and yeah it's not the "stat padders" its the lamers in the BH's...
[667th]_Mavrck
+5|6769|Wisconsin
Its probably the wives threatning to divorce them for playing fricken 8 hours a day.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6815|United Knigdom
You sure it's just not their parent's telling them to get off the PC after spending all summer on it, and do some homework?
Sgt.Medic
+0|6769

Hyper_Dude wrote:

You sure it's just not their parent's telling them to get off the PC after spending all summer on it, and do some homework?
I take offence to that...

RebelSoldier
+0|6770
well...they already have the highest rank, minus 2nd liutenant....which, personally, looks horribly lame. a single vertical bar isnt that great, could look cooler. plus you have all the unlocks, and tons of noobs following you to servers using tracking sites, and then you own them, so i bet it gets boring of owning after a while. i personally like to take an owning myself every once in a while to test myself and make me really work to kill em
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys

RebelSoldier wrote:

well...they already have the highest rank, minus 2nd liutenant....which, personally, looks horribly lame. a single vertical bar isnt that great, could look cooler. plus you have all the unlocks, and tons of noobs following you to servers using tracking sites, and then you own them, so i bet it gets boring of owning after a while. i personally like to take an owning myself every once in a while to test myself and make me really work to kill em
Gold bar is the official military rank insignia for 2nd lieutenant

http://www.morehead-st.edu/colleges/edu … /rank.html
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Rakasan
+7|6829|California, USA
Seems with the new patch, the progress of medics who only gain points by dropping health packs (without killing anything) diped a lil bit.  Now it seems easier to place in top 3 each round.  Thank you EA.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-10-07 21:05:56)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6806
Cpt Jean-leu Picard of the USS Enterprise!
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6838

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

this will be intresting to see we get a new list of top players
]V[Stinks_at_this
+2|6827
I wonder if they would be in the top twenty if we took Strike at Karkand out of the map list for all servers *thinks* or better yet, take out the armour from Strike, looking at there stats they do seem to play an unbalivable amount of that map and they all seem to be Tank Ho's, I guess its not such an X-file how they got so good.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6838
blazin has a butt load of revives which helps
Cobalt Bronson
+0|6769

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Or most likely the patch broke their hacks
Mooha182
+0|6773
It is true that a half dozen top players have been caught & Reported stat padding
Dilligas
+6|6774

[667th]_Mavrck wrote:

Its probably the wives threatning to divorce them for playing fricken 8 hours a day.
man you have no idea how correct you are.  I am not even close to the top and I get hell!
slidero
After you have all the unlocks there's not that much of a point of the rank system... or at least that's how I feel.  The medals can be fun to get along with the expert badges but other than that... meh.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6812

RebelSoldier wrote:

well...they already have the highest rank, minus 2nd liutenant....which, personally, looks horribly lame. a single vertical bar isnt that great, could look cooler.
Wow, you're horribly stupid.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-08 21:24:01)

dracul
+2|6800
a single vertical bar isnt that great,
Oh god, I about hurt myself laughing when I saw that.
Clue for $300?

I mean omg, a leaf? how lame is that? Or about a star, wtf.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6820|Australia
there should be a bf2 "store" spend points on more unlocks that get updated once a month
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6773|Alabama Coast, USA
Well... as no one has actually hit 2nd LT yet, no one knows what that rank will get you (though... EA may not know yet, lol... figuring they've got +40k pts from any of the top players before they have to finish with it).
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6801|USA, IL
I'm just happy that i'm the same rank as the best or (the leaders,) who are far from the best.

Anyway, it's funny how they have double the time and are still the same rank.

Latley with this update, i've found myself slowing down and worrying about teamwork for the win and helping the team win EX:  switching to anti-tank when my team needs it.  and being a squadleader since im usually in the frount of the assult and have a way with luck of surviving.
...it's wierd.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard