ph4s3
engineer
+34|6837|Texas

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

josh do you really need to put kthx in every post?
I noticed that when I was reading through these all he seems to say is o hai lolz lolz xthx bai etc do people seriously find this shit funny?
That? No.

Your reaction? Yes.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6215
BTW, it works, you have to manually edit the privileges (right click, properties, security), running just as administrator doesnt seem to stop punkbuster kicking you for insufficient OS priviliges. I have noticed though that BF2 loading times are alot slower, especially wake island, and the CRC checks (when the bar is on 100% and your waiting for the join game button) take around 2 minutes.
adv3rsary
+28|6724

JoshP wrote:

.Sup wrote:

JoshP wrote:

fixed the sound problems (not fun D: ) now i just need to fix damn daemon tools
Whats wrong with D.tools?
Every time i run the setup, it tells me to reboot (to install the virtual drive part) and reboots- except when it reboots, it restarts setup from the start, unlike on XP where it carries on the installation as it should

Anyone got any other similar software that works with windows 7? (inb4 poweriso, it doesn't like my minimages)

Alcohol 120% any good? (meh i'll download it and see anyway )
You can also try MagicISO
HellMilky
( =^_^= )
+23|5951|Holland
or you could try an portable version of deamon, plenty of those around.
Guy.Buddy.Friend
coks
+71|5874

JoshP wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

someone obviously started the language off and then everyone else copied, I just dont get why, you wouldnt end a conversation with someone in person with kthxbai, or say stuff like welcome to my lolhome, you'd just sound like a gaylord maybe it was funny when it first came about but it's in about 99% of all posts now, it seems like no one can have a conversation about anything without someone replying with   fail   gtfo   etc maybe im just not hardcore enough
Here lies your answer
Good one, chief.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK
First i shall try to burn the minimage (i never got round to doing that ), then i'll have a look for portable daemon. Ty

karmaz if it works
twoblacklines
+49|6215
BF2 works on 7 and is very quick.

my superpi result on 7 is 3 seconds faster than v64 even tho 1gb of my ram is missing.

once youve loaded a map once in 7 like wake, turn off pc reboot etc and load wake island and it loads in about 10 seconds, including the crc checks!!!!!!!!
JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK

twoblacklines wrote:

BF2 works on 7 and is very quick.

my superpi result on 7 is 3 seconds faster than v64 even tho 1gb of my ram is missing.

once youve loaded a map once in 7 like wake, turn off pc reboot etc and load wake island and it loads in about 10 seconds, including the crc checks!!!!!!!!
imma try this (atm i cba to stop folding and reboot into 7)

except not with wake, i'm not a complete faggot
zephon
+1|5594|Canada
So has this been confirmed to work with Windows 7? I've actually tried it and it wouldn't work for me.

I was being kicked every time after joining a server for an Unknown Windows API Function. I contacted Even Balance and they responded saying: "This is due to PunkBuster not supporting Windows 7, and we will not support Windows 7 until it is released to the general public for purchase. I'm sorry, but we do not support beta or release candidate operating systems."
Hakei
Banned
+295|6003

zephon wrote:

So has this been confirmed to work with Windows 7? I've actually tried it and it wouldn't work for me.

I was being kicked every time after joining a server for an Unknown Windows API Function. I contacted Even Balance and they responded saying: "This is due to PunkBuster not supporting Windows 7, and we will not support Windows 7 until it is released to the general public for purchase. I'm sorry, but we do not support beta or release candidate operating systems."
This is 100% correct, but what I've noticed is - you can play on servers with pb_restrictions set to 0 and not get kicked for Unknown Windows API function (Just for the record, the number is 131131). Thankfully, the 20 BF2 servers my ISP host all have this off D:

I read somewhere that has something to do with a windows update for XP, I didn't want to risk installing an update for XP on W7 though, you might be more inclined to do so just to test what happens.

Hopefully someone will eventually find a solution to this, but it really really sucks if the servers you play all have pb restrictions.
motherdear
+25|6659|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
i'm beginning to wonder if people have any idea what D.Tools does, you do realize that i goes into the system and makes the system think that it has more drives than it actually does (this means editing code in the bios or in windows itself) so assume that windows 7 changed that small part just a tiny bit = D.Tools installer will have an error and will not be able to install because the code is wrong) should be pretty obvious if people read why it asks ya to reboot the pc.

some people need to read what they agree to when they install software.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5697|Notts, UK

motherdear wrote:

i'm beginning to wonder if people have any idea what D.Tools does, you do realize that i goes into the system and makes the system think that it has more drives than it actually does (this means editing code in the bios or in windows itself) so assume that windows 7 changed that small part just a tiny bit = D.Tools installer will have an error and will not be able to install because the code is wrong) should be pretty obvious if people read why it asks ya to reboot the pc.

some people need to read what they agree to when they install software.
/facepalm

that's the whole fucking point of daemon tools, to add virtual drives
zephon
+1|5594|Canada

Hakei wrote:

zephon wrote:

This is 100% correct, but what I've noticed is - you can play on servers with pb_restrictions set to 0 and not get kicked for Unknown Windows API function (Just for the record, the number is 131131). Thankfully, the 20 BF2 servers my ISP host all have this off D:

I read somewhere that has something to do with a windows update for XP, I didn't want to risk installing an update for XP on W7 though, you might be more inclined to do so just to test what happens.

Hopefully someone will eventually find a solution to this, but it really really sucks if the servers you play all have pb restrictions.
I gave up. If someone else finds a way around it I'll definitely try and get it working.

The person who commented on how fast loading into a server was is right. Took me maybe 8 seconds to load and enter server, only to be kicked of course.

The Windows API function number I was getting is 131124 by the way.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6003

zephon wrote:

Hakei wrote:

zephon wrote:

I gave up. If someone else finds a way around it I'll definitely try and get it working.

The person who commented on how fast loading into a server was is right. Took me maybe 8 seconds to load and enter server, only to be kicked of course.

Interesting, 32 or 64 bit, and build 7000?

Can I suggest you try running it in windowed mode? xD
zephon
+1|5594|Canada

Hakei wrote:

zephon wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Interesting, 32 or 64 bit, and build 7000?

Can I suggest you try running it in windowed mode? xD
32bit but when I look under System Settings it says 64bit, no idea what's behind that, lol, so yeah.

Tried in windowed mode too after I saw it was suggested on one of the forums (to solve the kick problem, not Windows 7 specifically), PBBans or whichever one I can't recall.

-
Build 7000, yes.

Last edited by zephon (2009-01-11 22:28:18)

twoblacklines
+49|6215
Mine is also 32bit but it says 4.00gb of ram and says 64bit operating system, so im not sure what it is. beta 7000 here too.

Does anyone have a problem with x-fire, instead of the window you should see where it says what server someone is on, what players are on it etc, i get a white screen.
frankthetank
+1|6165
I was just about to install windows 7 until i saw this message. Anyone know when a fix will be in place? maybe in 1.50 if that ever comes out.
zephon
+1|5594|Canada

frankthetank wrote:

I was just about to install windows 7 until i saw this message. Anyone know when a fix will be in place? maybe in 1.50 if that ever comes out.
Even Balance: ""This is due to PunkBuster not supporting Windows 7, and we will not support Windows 7 until it is released to the general public for purchase. I'm sorry, but we do not support beta or release candidate operating systems.""
frankthetank
+1|6165
there is a fix in the works. Some say this fix works already

http://msmvps.com/blogs/brianmadsen/arc … r-fix.aspx

Can someone please try and see if this works before i install win7 tks
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6310

frankthetank wrote:

there is a fix in the works. Some say this fix works already

http://msmvps.com/blogs/brianmadsen/arc … r-fix.aspx

Can someone please try and see if this works before i install win7 tks
Just tried it and it does not work.
frankthetank
+1|6165
did you update PB like in the instructions, did you use 32 or 64 bit of windows 7

Last edited by frankthetank (2009-01-17 18:26:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard