GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6743|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
SOASE was good also , up to 15 hr online games , if you have the time.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

wtf... now I will surely not buy that game O.o and I thought supreme commander was bad when it came to long matches..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

FloppY_ wrote:

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

wtf... now I will surely not buy that game O.o and I thought supreme commander was bad when it came to long matches..
They're saved sessions, you don't actually have to sit there for 10hrs+

Some games last weeks, depends on the scale of the Universe and how defensively/aggressively you play. It's very open.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It's not GOTY...it's PC GOTY. I don't know why people are getting all flustered about it..

And compared to the other choices (Crysis: Warhead, Spore, etc) I'd say it deserved it.
At least Crysis had cool combat.
So shooting a supermutant in the face resulting in his head flying off and his body scissorkicking his head away isn't cool???

Fallout 3 is pretty epic imo tbh....

Crysis Warhead is also a serious contender, but it was too short to be "game" of the year since it was more of an expansion...
Well VATS is somewhat cool, but I mean real-time combat.

The RT combat in FO3 was incredibly...clunky.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Uzique wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

They're saved sessions, you don't actually have to sit there for 10hrs+

Some games last weeks, depends on the scale of the Universe and how defensively/aggressively you play. It's very open.
Meh, sounds like something I would find boring after the first 2-3 days

EVE online looks better tbh, I played the 14 day trial but I just steer clear of any game that tries to rip me for money on subscription basis..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6443|California
SOASE was an ok game, but I don't think it deserved PC GOTY.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5983|Perth, Australia
I probably should have noticed that 2008 was a pretty poor year for games by the number of times i went looking for good older titles.

None of the 2008 games have held my interest for very long. Warhead was alright and i at least passed that, but having already had most of my physics based lulz in the original, it got old. FO3 and Deadspace were alright but i didn't finish either of them as they both became too repetitive. FC2/COD5/RA3 were just awful.

Should have gone to AIX 2.0 tbh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard