sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

no i did the second one knob stain.
So who left the first one?
vilham
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6165|Vancouver | Canada
I haven't played MGS4, so I can't give my opinion on that, but I do think Fallout is the most overrated game of the decade.

I installed it.
Ooh cool, freedom. This looks promising.
Escaped the vault.
Found some little town with a cocky sherrif.
Left.
Got lost.
Killed some stuff.
Got lost.
Crashed.
Repeat from the first "got lost" a few times until the "crashed".
Uninstalled.

But then again, I didn't like Oblivion either..

Maybe if the combat wasn't something that seems to be just thrown in, I'd like it.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
Who cares what some game website votes game of the year?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine wrote:

no i did the second one knob stain.
So who left the first one?
vilham
lol
Brasso
+1,549|6639

DefCon-17 wrote:

Maybe if the combat wasn't something that seems to be just thrown in I weren't from Canada, I'd like it.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

sergeriver wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Yes, because MGS4 isn't over-rated, and doesn't just shamelessly use the MGS franchise with "little to no" stealth elements "tbh" . If the previous MGS titles hadn't done all the hard work with their popularity and success, MGS4 would have plopped into the turgid ocean of shit-videogame obscurity and would probably be reviewed on the same level as other terrible gimmick-shooters like that Haze game or what-the-fuck-ever.
The most overrated game this year is GTA IV.
I never claimed MGS4 was the 'over-rated game of the year', I merely said it was over-rated by a devout fanbase of ignoramus fanboys and muppets that think they are l33t Metal Gear Solid players because they bought Snake Eater and the next-gen console release. Woop woop. What has GTA IV got to do with anything? I never shouted out off the mountain-tops that it was the second coming of Christ- I own it, I play it from time to time, I enjoy it in small bursts... good enough for me. MGS4 on the other hand cakes everything in a thick batter of pretention, pads out the sparse and shitty gameplay with 'cinematic' interludes worthy of a Japanese B-Movie, and has a storyline written by an autistic ADHD sufferer with a penchant for conspiracy and plot twists.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

Vilham wrote:

totally disagree and thats having gone through the game on big boss extreme with no kills, no alerts and no item usage. The game is incredibly stealth focused but they also decided to add some action should you so wish, and as far as I can see that has made the experience immeasurably better.
indeed
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

Are there any spoilers in their video? I'm a huge MGS fanatic and I've got the game, but no PS3 to play it on

I'm not surprised, though. MGS 3 has won GotY before (dunno if it was from Gamespot), and I'm pretty sure MGS2 has. And also I think I remember the first MGS getting named best PS game ever (was done like 5 or 6 years into PS2's lifespan). Hmm, now that I think of it, though, the only gaming mag I was reading at the time was PSM, so that's PlayStation only. Biased/Skewed views of videogames for meeeeeeeee.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Maybe if the combat wasn't something that seems to be just thrown in I weren't from Canada, I'd like it.
Yeah, disliking shitty combat must be a Canadian thing.

Damn my heritage.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Damn my heritage.
I liked the combat of Fallout3 tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6446|Brisbane, Australia

jord wrote:

Who cares what some game website votes game of the year?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6751|FUCK UBISOFT

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Damn my heritage.
Holy shit, am I Canadian?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

FloppY_ wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Damn my heritage.
Well the VATS system is awesome at first, but it doesn't seem to work unless your within humping range.

Outside of VATS, it's clunky as hell.

Miggle wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Damn my heritage.
Holy shit, am I Canadian?
You never know.
FloppY_
­

DefCon-17 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Damn my heritage.
Well the VATS system is awesome at first, but it doesn't seem to work unless your within humping range.

Outside of VATS, it's clunky as hell.
Odd, I tend to pick off super mutants further than the draw distance... You do know that your accuracy increases depending on your weapon and skill right?

And tbh I have tried games that felt more clunky/clumsy than Fallout3's combat (see: Battlefield series)...

And shooting off a supermutants head only to have his body backflip and scissor kick his own head like a football sending it flying away... is just made of

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-31 04:43:00)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6852|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I would say F3 tbh. Gave me HOURS of FUN gameplay, unlike FarCry2 which gave me HOURS of BORING commuting.
FloppY_
­

Sydney wrote:

I would say F3 tbh. Gave me HOURS of FUN gameplay, unlike FarCry2 which gave me HOURS of BORING commuting.
Is there no fast-travel ?
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK

Sydney wrote:

FC2 is shit, its absolutely boring.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6765|Scotland

Kptk92 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

FC2 is shit, its absolutely boring.
I agree with Kptk.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Snake and his cardboard boxes.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6789|Great Brown North

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Damn my heritage.
hey at least you're not from quebec  
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
Far Cry 2 is boring since you drive too much.

By those standards Fallout 3 would be like 20x as boring since instead of driving you walk.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6751|FUCK UBISOFT

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Far Cry 2 is boring since you drive too much.

By those standards Fallout 3 would be like 20x as boring since instead of driving you walk Fast Travel.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6584|London
Just watched the whole thing today (literally watched, all the codecs + cutscenes + boss fights + set piece gameplay) in an epic 9 hour marathon.

This is the game of 2008 imo. If you don't want to call it a game because you didn't like the gameplay then fine, I think it's the best piece of entertainment media of 2008. It was more entertaining than any movie, series or game I played in 2008. Granted if you haven't played 1, 2 or 3 then the complete awesomeness may be lost upon you, but if you haven't played those masterpieces then you don't deserve an opinion on the best game of any year tbh.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I got teary quite a few times ;_;
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5762|Roma

Aries_37 wrote:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I got teary quite a few times ;_;
its like that in every MGS games, well not really the old ones.
everybody cries. It's like a movie.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6203|Schofield Barracks

Dookie0119 wrote:

Yeah saw this on the 27th...Fallout 3 deserved it IMO.

But I've never played MGS4. Seems to be a very Overrated game tbh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard