usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

oh nobody cares what the court jesters say
jord
+2,382|6698|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine wrote:

oh nobody cares what the court jesters say
I don't think either side cares what anyone else thinks...

They get their own shit to deal with first, and the international community having a moan comes second.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

jord wrote:

They get their own shit to deal with first, and the international community having a moan comes second.
true.  but, these people have to justify their jobs somehow.
san4
The Mas
+311|6709|NYC, a place to live

FEOS wrote:

The ONLY legitimate argument against Israeli action at this point is proportionality.
I think the likelihood of civilian casualties and the ultimate futility of using force are two legitimate arguments against the Israeli action.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6507|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Well they were complaining about over crowding.

The fucks bring it on themselves, fucking hamas.
san4
The Mas
Media bias:

AP wrote:

Defiant Hamas hits Israel with dozens of rockets
Dec 29, 10:24 PM (ET)
By IBRAHIM BARZAK and JASON KEYSER

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) - Palestinian militants sent a deadly barrage of missiles flying deep into Israel on Monday, demonstrating that Hamas still had firepower three days into Israel's punishing air offensive in Gaza. . . .

In Monday's attacks, Israel focused its bombing on the houses of Hamas field operatives in a campaign meant to tear at the roots of the extremist group ruling Gaza. Israel's defense minister promised a "war to the bitter end against Hamas" and allied militants.
They mention the targets Israel intended to hit but not the targets Hamas intended to hit.
13rin
+977|6499

san4 wrote:

Media bias:

AP wrote:

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) - Palestinian militants sent a deadly barrage of missiles flying deep into Israel on Monday, demonstrating that Hamas still had firepower three days into Israel's punishing air offensive in Gaza. . . .

In Monday's attacks, Israel focused its bombing on the houses of Hamas field operatives in a campaign meant to tear at the roots of the extremist group ruling Gaza. Israel's defense minister promised a "war to the bitter end against Hamas" and allied militants.
They mention the targets Israel intended to hit but not the targets Hamas intended to hit.
Was there a target other than Jews for Hamas to hit?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Silentkillr69
+6|6198|Chicago

san4 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

The ONLY legitimate argument against Israeli action at this point is proportionality.
I think the likelihood of civilian casualties and the ultimate futility of using force are two legitimate arguments against the Israeli action.
so i guess hamas gets to use rockets but israel gets to use....what exactly?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA
anyone else notice the world doesn't say shit when the rockets are launched into Israel, response comes ONLY when Israel shoots back. But no, the UN isn't biased.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6474|The Twilight Zone

lowing wrote:

anyone else notice the world doesn't say shit when the rockets are launched into Israel, response comes ONLY when Israel shoots back. But no, the UN isn't biased.
Thats cos theres one civilian casualty in Israel and dozens in Palestine
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6672|USA

.Sup wrote:

lowing wrote:

Thats cos theres one civilian casualty in Israel and dozens in Palestine
I see, so it is ok to fire over 200 rockets into a country, as long as no one gets hurt? Blame Israel for being better shots when targeting those that target them? Got it.

Last edited by lowing (2008-12-30 04:40:19)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6778|Argentina

BBC wrote:

Palestinian officials say 10 people died in the latest attacks, taking the death toll to over 360 since Saturday. Four Israelis have died in rocket fire.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said this was the "first of several stages" of military action.

A UN human rights monitor accused Israel of "shocking atrocities".

Richard Falk - the special rapporteur for human rights in the Palestinian territories - said the international community must put more pressure on Israel to end its attacks on Gaza.

"Israel is committing a shocking series of atrocities by using modern weaponry against a defenceless population - attacking a population that has been enduring a severe blockade for many months," Mr Falk said in a BBC interview.

The UN says at least 62 of the Palestinians killed so far have been women and children, and it is calling for an investigation into the attacks, which are causing heavy civilian casualties.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7804218.stm
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6173|what

sergeriver wrote:

The UN says at least 62 of the Palestinians killed so far have been women and children, and it is calling for an investigation into the attacks, which are causing heavy civilian casualties.
[sarcasm]Completely the fault of Hamas, they shouldn't be living within the civilian population.[/sarcasm]
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
san4
The Mas

DBBrinson1 wrote:

san4 wrote:

Media bias:

AP wrote:

Was there a target other than Jews for Hamas to hit?
There's a difference between intending to hit Israeli military installations and intending to hit Israeli homes.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6344|New Haven, CT

TheAussieReaper wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

[srs]Completely the fault of Hamas, they shouldn't be using the civilians as shields.[/srs]
I fixed it to more accurately represent reality.

Also, its still Hamas' fault regardless because they resumed the cycle of violence that invariably brings the casualties of the people they are supposedly struggling for. Who do you really blame for the civilian losses of Germany in WWII, Hitler or Arthur Harris? For Japan, Hirohito and Tojo, or Curtis LeMay?

san4 wrote:

There's a difference between intending to hit Israeli military installations and intending to hit Israeli homes.
Firing such inaccurate weapons destroys any pretense of precisely targeting military installations.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-12-30 05:19:59)

san4
The Mas

nukchebi0 wrote:

san4 wrote:

Firing such inaccurate weapons destroys any pretense of precisely targeting military installations.
I generally agree, but Hamas doesn't even pretend. The newspapers don't report that. Every story should report the intended target of each side's attacks.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6243|Escea

sergeriver wrote:

BBC wrote:

"Israel is committing a shocking series of atrocities by using modern weaponry against a defenceless population - attacking a population that has been enduring a severe blockade for many months," Mr Falk said in a BBC interview.
Hmm a few hundred rockets and a government militia don't sound too defenceless. The blockade didn't stop them getting hold of weapons.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576
After several days of continuous bombardment I have a couple of questions:

1) Why are there stills tens, nay hundreds, of rockets being fired at Israel? How effective are Israel's strikes exactly?

2) Do you think the bombardment/destruction will make Gazans support Hamas less?

3) Is this not the same shit that got tried and failed in Lebanon not too long ago? Why are Israel so inept at asymmetric warfare, are they not accustomed to it by now???

4) Who thinks that, to a certain extent, this is Tzipi Livni flexing her military credentials for reelection?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

After several days of continuous bombardment I have a couple of questions:

1) Why are there stills tens, nay hundreds, of rockets being fired at Israel? How effective are Israel's strikes exactly?

2) Do you think the bombardment/destruction will make Gazans support Hamas less?

3) Is this not the same shit that got tried and failed in Lebanon not too long ago? Why are Israel so inept at asymmetric warfare, are they not accustomed to it by now???

4) Who thinks that, to a certain extent, this is Tzipi Livni flexing her military credentials for reelection?
1. https://i41.tinypic.com/2hwfd5z.jpg https://i42.tinypic.com/294orkh.jpg
Not exactly a static target. They have been more successful in preventing collateral.. relatively speaking.

2. I don't think it will change a thing. Gazans weren't exactly outspoken when Hamas fired over 3k rockets into Israel last year.

3. Time will tell. Israel has yet to send it's troops in. This time they have said they will take it to "the bitter end".

4. Could be. It could also have something to do with the 500% increase in rocket attacks since the truce expired.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6830|Nårvei

Both Hamas and Israel have had unlimited funding for a very long time, Israels will soon be cut short of hers so that will be interesting ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6431|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

[sarcasm]Completely the fault of Hamas, they shouldn't be living within the civilian population.[/sarcasm]
Completely the fault of Hamas for intentionally not abiding by international law regarding clear separation of military and civilian infrastructure.

But don't let facts get in the way of your (attempted) sarcasm or anything.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Why hasn't Egypt lifted it's Gaza blockade?
Spoiler (highlight to read):
They don't like Hamas
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6507|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Kmarion wrote:

They don't like Hamas
Because the Arabs don't give a flying fuck about the Palestinians. They like having them their causing unrest to keep Israel off balance.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

SgtHeihn wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They don't like Hamas
Because the Arabs don't give a flying fuck about the Palestinians. They like having them their causing unrest to keep Israel off balance.
true.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6647|Canada
i think the reason people are outspoken about Israels air strikes is because they are completely demolishing Gaza. the Palestinian people have been deprived of necessities bc of the blockade, now their infrastructure is getting wiped out. Yes, Hamas sent 3k rockets last year, but did those rockets demolish city blocks?

Im just saying, I really dont care if Israel and the Palestinians ceased to exist, they hate eachother for 2000 yr old reasons, taught to hate eachother. its fucking rediculous.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard