[SWAM]RobbieE
+0|6758
Well, a friend of mine SWAMRaoulDuke still has 900 points to go for the 50.000, I am wondering if he goes a rang up, his progress bar is ingame empty!
havockrvs
+0|6748
im a gunny sgt. with 21000 points.ididnt get my master sgt. and i have all the basic badges.
maddogjj
+3|6802|U S A
Ok I will agree that there is a problem with the patch and ranks, but as i stated before Master Sergeant and First Sergeant are THE SAME MILITARY RANK E-8!!! the only difference is usually their career field (MOS) is what decides who will be Master Sergeant and who will be First Sergeant.   Maybe EA has a plan, maybe its random so that not everyone will be Master Sergeant and not everyone will be First Sergeant Just like in the real Marine Corps???  Is that possible? What does everyone think?
LOGAN
+0|6749

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

Well getting the basic again will always happen, even on officia EA servers it happens. A good way to "SEE" the badges you actually have are @ www.battlefield2.nl. Their stats show the basic and vetrans next to eachother so it's proof that it isnt technically recorded by any server. I wish their was a way to have EA just delete the vetran badge.

Ill get over the fact Im not a 1st sergeant, but I aint honestly gonna play as much until I know for sure I'll be able to get the Sergeant Major+ ranks and the medals sometime in the future.

Yeah I can play for fun sometime, but the stats are too addicting... for now.
okay i went to that .nl site and it shows i only have my vet knife badge, at least now i know. i went and got my basic knife badge just now (drum  roll and everything) but it didnt record in BFHQ, i even played a round after the round i won it in, and it still didnt record.

im waiting for another patch.

Last edited by LOGAN (2005-10-07 17:12:18)

Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Rakasan wrote:

It's not like medals or rank prove anything anyways.
With respect, I must disagree with "they don't prove anything".  They prove you met the requirements in-game to get them.  The only medal I'm purposely not trying for is Purple Heart.  I'd say not getting that medal would prove something as well.  But if you meant something like it doesn't prove whether players have teamwork skills, leadership skills, etc... then I'd agree with you completely.  In all other aspects of the game, the medals do not prove anything really.  Do I make sense here? 
Yes, I meant in game skill.  I doesn't take much to sit in a TOW for 5 minutes to get a badge, but I swear, the hardest thing is finding something to repair for the engineer badge.  I am not totally dissing the medals and badges, but of it keeps ppl interested in the game, it's kewl. 
Skratchy
+0|6750
i cant understand that .nl site

this site also show what badges you have earned, it shows basic to expert if you earned them

it shows that i earned every single basic and veteran badges, bring on the first sergeant pls 
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA

Skratchy wrote:

this site also show what badges you have earned, it shows basic to expert if you earned them

it shows that i earned every single basic and veteran badges, bring on the first sergeant pls 
try http://bf2stats.nsvr.info

edit: I connected to an official EA server, got one kill. and got promoted to Sergeant Major.  Should be updated later tonight.

Whats funny is I jumped from Sergeant to Sergeant Major in less than a week, lol.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-10-07 18:52:48)

|KOF|truculent
+0|6748
having same prob as the rest should b 1st sarg due to vetran pistol badge, help
addict10n
+1|6748
I went back and got my basic pistol and basic knive, they even show on my stats page. Still no First Sergeant. This sucks, busted my a$$ to get First Sergeant thanks EA
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6791

Skratchy wrote:

Um, okay this is weird. Never has that website or any ever shown that I have gotten the basic pistol, nor was it ever recorded until I just now checked it and it appears to be there.. wtf??

I think maybe EA did something to fix that.. because I hadn't gotten the basic pistol for awhile so it definately wasnt lag time between the servers.

I'll keep you guys updated..
Rudelaw
+0|6747
Almost 40,000 pts, all the badges and no First Sergeant........
LOGAN
+0|6749
quote taken from a thread about this issue over at the EA forums.

EAUK_Sentience - Site Admin wrote:

I'll make sure to pass this one onto the developers, I can see how this one would be frustrating for some.
good to know we've been heard at least.

also..

Lorian1234 wrote:

It doesn't need a patch, the fixes for people who are about to be promoted and the people who have already been allocated the wrong rank can all be fixed by running an update on the rank database.
great news, hopefully hes right and theyll have it fixed in no time.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7835
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6760|out of orbit
ok after reading all this i think its like that:

U need to have the basic badges before you get 20000 points to become first sergeant.
if you earn them after becoming Master Sergeant you have to wait `till you reach 50k for promotion.
The only bug in there is the not moving progress bar.

Correct me if anyone promoted from Master  to First,but i don`t think someone did...

greets: [h0t]=[S3nf]=
addict10n
+1|6748
I DID have recieve the Basic and Veteran Knife/Pistol badges BEFOREHAND! I got them at the same time. Its not my fault that they screwed up the badges so when you get them both it just shows the veteran.

EA/DICE: Give us our Deserved Rank, thats all we ask.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6818|North Texas

addict10n wrote:

I DID have recieve the Basic and Veteran Knife/Pistol badges BEFOREHAND! I got them at the same time.
Sorry, I think you're mistaken. Before you go ape-shit.. read on.

Both your Knife badges were awarded on the 5th of Oct, 11:48PM. That was several hours after the patch was released. Prior to getting these two badges, you surpassed the 20,000 global points. So you were promoted to Master Sergeant.

Your Veteran Pistol was awarded on Sept 12, 12:32PM. Your Basic Pistol was awarded on Oct 7 8:04PM, just yesterday.

Now these dates and time come straight from EA's server. So take it for what it's worth. The time from EA is GMT, but my system converts them to Central Daylight time(-6).

Since you surpassed the 20,000 global point mark, the system assumes you're at the correct rank. So they are now checking your stats for the next rank, which is First Sergeant.
Rudelaw
+0|6747
Thats what happened to me...I did not have all my basic badges, so I didn't get First. After the fact, I got all may badges, but no promotion. It just doesn't seem right to me. People with 17,000 less points than me have a higher rank. I hope it's a glitch.
ssj4gogeta
+1|6816|England, Uk
I wish i could be a first sergeant got all my lovely little awards but still don't get it oh well hopefully EA will do something about it eventually.
addict10n
+1|6748

NM156 wrote:

addict10n wrote:

I DID have recieve the Basic and Veteran Knife/Pistol badges BEFOREHAND! I got them at the same time.
Sorry, I think you're mistaken. Before you go ape-shit.. read on.

Both your Knife badges were awarded on the 5th of Oct, 11:48PM. That was several hours after the patch was released. Prior to getting these two badges, you surpassed the 20,000 global points. So you were promoted to Master Sergeant.

Your Veteran Pistol was awarded on Sept 12, 12:32PM. Your Basic Pistol was awarded on Oct 7 8:04PM, just yesterday.

Now these dates and time come straight from EA's server. So take it for what it's worth. The time from EA is GMT, but my system converts them to Central Daylight time(-6).

Since you surpassed the 20,000 global point mark, the system assumes you're at the correct rank. So they are now checking your stats for the next rank, which is First Sergeant.
Several hours after the patch was released? Is 48 hours several hours?

That has to be wrong IMO, at arount 19000 pts i started looking again at ranks and what was required, like you said i already had my veteran pistol, which was awarded at the same time as my basic (GG Badge Bug). So BEFORE I recieved my promotion I went through a few grueling maps of trying to get my basic knife, when i got my basic knife i got the veteran at the same time, I say again, before i got promoted. Then here comes the promotion the next day, Master Sergeant...not First Sergeant so I looked again. How can I not be First Sergeant? I didnt realize that I was the only one with this problem until I started reading this topic. yesterday I went back and got my basic badges hoping with those I would be promoted. Im not going ape shit, I just find it hard to understand that I was promoted before I got the badges, if you were in our TS you would understand by how frustrated I was getting about that stupid knife badge and how it was gonna get in my way of First Sgt. Remember, I did say that I went out and got my basic badges again yesterday.

Is there that much lag in the points system? It took me 2 days to rank from the time I received the 20,000 points? I know when the patch came out that I had like 17,000 some points

But thank you for your research, I do appreciate your help. Its all just a little confusing. I was really expecting that 1st Sgt rank.
muncher
+0|6765
It has nothing to do with when and how and what order the badges are given, and why should it. If you have veteran knife, that should be far better than basic. Lets give that stupid argument up.

Read what the site admin said, its a simple serverside patch that they need to run, it should take them a day if they make it a priority, but we know how quick things happen around here.

Just be patient, and if they are considering fixing it, give it a week or two.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6791

muncher wrote:

It has nothing to do with when and how and what order the badges are given, and why should it.
Actually it does. And your right, why should it? Fact is, it was only checking the literal requirements, not if the required badges were better.

Seems within the last few days anyone with this double award bug has been awarded their basic badge versions by EA, which only fixes half the problem for us and fixes the problem for everyone who has not yet ranked up to Gunnery Sergeant.

I'm just hoping they'll fix the other half which is doubtful because they figure no one else will complain about it except for whoever now has the problem.
maddogjj
+3|6802|U S A

Rudelaw wrote:

Thats what happened to me...I did not have all my basic badges, so I didn't get First. After the fact, I got all may badges, but no promotion. It just doesn't seem right to me. People with 17,000 less points than me have a higher rank. I hope it's a glitch.
Again I think you along with MANY MANY other players are somewhat confused, First Sergeant is NOT, let me say it again NOT  a higher rank than Master Sergeant.  Why is this so hard for you guys to understand????

It is the same pay grade PERIOD a First Sergeant doed not out rank a Master Sergeant, so geez quit cryin and play.

check out this USMC rank chart you will see they are the same http://www.usmchangout.com/ranks.htm

Last edited by maddogjj (2005-10-09 00:45:44)

addict10n
+1|6748
I dont think anyone cares about pay grade, we want that damn diamond in our badge! We earned it.

Its retarded I know, but...whatever. If you work for something and are eager to get it, and you earn it, why cant you have it. That is the problem at hand...
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6818|North Texas

addict10n wrote:

Several hours after the patch was released? Is 48 hours several hours?
It is, when you think the patch was released on Wednesday... oops, my bad.

addict10n wrote:

I went through a few grueling maps of trying to get my basic knife, when i got my basic knife i got the veteran at the same time
That's the key right there! It has been known, that if you get the Veteran before, OR at the same time, the stats data did NOT report you as having the Basic Knife/Pistol. This event, occurred BEFORE they fixed every one's accounts, some time late Fri, very early Sat. Your promotion occurred BEFORE they fixed this bug.

addict10n wrote:

I say again, before i got promoted.
Right! And before they fixed the bug! You've now surpassed 20,000 global points, so the system is checking for the next rank.

addict10n wrote:

Then here comes the promotion the next day, Master Sergeant...not First Sergeant so I looked again. How can I not be First Sergeant? yesterday I went back and got my basic badges hoping with those I would be promoted.
This happens to be another bug, due to the reasons stated above. They could have avoided this, by making the First Sergeant requirement of 30,000 global points.

addict10n wrote:

Im not going ape shit
That was preventive forum rage!

addict10n wrote:

I just find it hard to understand that I was promoted before I got the badges. But thank you for your research, I do appreciate your help. Its all just a little confusing. I was really expecting that 1st Sgt rank.
The reason you're confused, is because the game was telling you, that you received the Basic award. However, it was not being reported, because you had the Veteran. I know it's confusing... and bf2s.com isn't helping matters. He's essentially doing the same thing the stat servers is, and not showing all of the badges you have. If you have the Veteran, it doesn't display you Basic... if you have the Expert, it doesn't display the Veteran OR Basic... it's just the way it is.

I hope I made this a little more clear?

I don't know if there are any advantages to being First Sergeant over Master Sergeant. Maybe they'll fix this, like they fixed the Knife/Pistol bug. I can't answer that.. they don't converse with the public, so we'll just have to wait and see.

...and you're welcome.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6818|North Texas

muncher wrote:

It has nothing to do with when and how and what order the badges are given, and why should it. If you have veteran knife, that should be far better than basic. Lets give that stupid argument up.
What the hell are you talking about? No one is arguing here... I'm just trying to help the guy understand what's going on. Yeah, it's a simple fix alright... but it only took them three months to fix the damn Knife/Pistol badge glitch. It doesn't have to be a server side fix.. they can simply run an update query on the stats server.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6749
i want my diamond!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard