SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6283|Netherlands
Im making a new movie, and i was wondering what is the best way to render it, i use Vegas 9.0. Maybe some of u know some good codecs which i can download and/or settings to put in Vegas. The video is meant to be uploaded on Vimeo and youtube, i think ill render lower settings for youtube, so it will take less time to upload it there.

Any tips?
WeBee
+1|5841|Hollola, Winland
The hard way: Rendering Video and Audio separately uncompressed and then encoding it to x264 with a program like StaxRip or with a bat file.

The fairly easy way: Youtube works well with MPEG-4 and Quicktime, just make sure you renderer it 720p (for the watch in HD option) with large enough bitrate (Between 5m and 20m should be enough) and make sure the "Stretch video to fill output frame size (Do not letterbox)"-box is unchecked.

Hope this helps
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6283|Netherlands
Ok, i recorded the video in half size, with fraps, so the resolution is 840 x 524, id like to keep that resolution, will rendering in that size / aspect ratio cause problems in youtube?
WeBee
+1|5841|Hollola, Winland
Well not really, except you´ll lose the Watch in HD option, which is better than the Watch in high quality link in Youtube.
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6283|Netherlands
Ok, thx, ill just go and try it with a small example to see how it works out
Adamshannon8
+94|6155
1280x720 WMV 6mb
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6283|Netherlands
Ok thx for the help, i rendered a small part, somehow it came up with 60 mb (13 secs), but anyway, i uploaded it and it looks like this:
http://www.vimeo.com/2636489

I think it looks good enuff

Last edited by SamFisher199 (2008-12-26 15:11:01)

hintakaari
+113|5909

Adamshannon8 wrote:

1280x720 WMV 6mb
no pls
hintakaari
+113|5909

SamFisher199 wrote:

Ok thx for the help, i rendered a small part, somehow it came up with 60 mb (13 secs), but anyway, i uploaded it and it looks like this:
http://www.vimeo.com/2636489

I think it looks good enuff
vimeo sucks.

youtube have better quality (HD)
GameOver
+14|6232|Hungary
By the way can somebody tell me how is it possible to make and publish videos in such high quality on YouTube like for example this one? I am really curious about that. I (and I think many others too) would be really grateful if somebody, who knows the 'secret', would make a little tutorial on how to do that. (I saw some tutorial on YouTube, but they actually don't work - at least not for me.)

Last edited by GameOver (2008-12-27 17:59:09)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

GameOver wrote:

By the way can somebody tell me how is it possible to make and publish videos in such high quality on YouTube like for example this one? I am really curious about that. I (and I think many others too) would be really grateful if somebody, who knows the 'secret', would make a little tutorial on how to do that. (I saw some tutorial on YouTube, but they actually don't work - at least not for me.)
Render it with the resolution 1280x720
pauli *wsaf
+23|5756

GameOver wrote:

in fact that example is a... black stripes on sides = epic fail ->l2render

anyways i will explain u how to render your video, but only in case it is some serious stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqPaJVRE978&fmt=22 i think i rendered it properly, if anyone has some ideas about it tell me
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6283|Netherlands
I uploaded a video, only for testing quality, on youtube as well, and it looks like shit: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UnOVAsGJlIs
Its rendered in 720p, I dont think it should look like this^^. I simply used the make movie function in vegas 9, and chose wmv 6 mbs 720p, that should work, right?

Edit, it does look okay if i add &fmt=22, but it should look good in HQ mode as well imo.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UnOVAsGJlIs&fmt=22
Anyways, do u think it looks as good as it can get with fmt=22 added?

Last edited by SamFisher199 (2008-12-28 13:21:00)

GameOver
+14|6232|Hungary

pauli *wsaf wrote:

in fact that example is a... black stripes on sides = epic fail ->l2render

anyways i will explain u how to render your video, but only in case it is some serious stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqPaJVRE978&fmt=22 i think i rendered it properly, if anyone has some ideas about it tell me
There are black stripes in your video, too, so I don't really understand you. For me the quality of the video that I linked before is much better than yours. Your video is somewhat too dark, don't you think? The weapon is completly dark.

And why would you explain me how to render properly only if it's about some serious stuff? I would be happy if I could help people in something that many care, no matter what. And I would like to watch BF2 movies in the best quality possible no matter how serious it is, so I dont really understand why you don't want to share your knowledge anyway.

Anyway I would be grateful for your explanation about your rendering settings. And yes, of course it's about some seriouss stuff, after all I would like to do it, lol.

I tried to upload to YouTube for testing quality, too. The first test video looked awful. So the quality of your video is by far better than this shit. I used 1280*720 resolution in the second test video (thanks for the advice ebug9!) and it looks much better. If it were only in fullscreen without those black stripes, it would be perfect for me.

Last edited by GameOver (2008-12-30 12:21:22)

pauli *wsaf
+23|5756

GameOver wrote:

There are black stripes in your video, too, so I don't really understand you. For me the quality of the video that I linked before is much better than yours. Your video is somewhat too dark, don't you think? The weapon is completly dark.

And why would you explain me how to render properly only if it's about some serious stuff? I would be happy if I could help people in something that many care, no matter what. And I would like to watch BF2 movies in the best quality possible no matter how serious it is, so I dont really understand why you don't want to share your knowledge anyway.

Anyway I would be grateful for your explanation about your rendering settings. And yes, of course it's about some seriouss stuff, after all I would like to do it, lol.

I tried to upload to YouTube for testing quality, too. The first test video looked awful. So the quality of your video is by far better than this shit. I used 1280*720 resolution in the second test video (thanks for the advice ebug9!) and it looks much better. If it were only in fullscreen without those black stripes, it would be perfect for me.
ad1 where EXACTLY do i have those stripes?? I am pretty sure there are none. About the color of the video-> it has nothing to do with rendering, its just my color-style edit.

ad2 i simly wont waste time and effort if you want make some crap, once u make a nice movie I will help.

ad3 your video... stripes on sides and resampled frames = fail (as we speak about rendering)

some test vid also in 720p HD at 5000kbits divx 6.8 single pass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHGBANIxZMU&fmt=22

Last edited by pauli *wsaf (2008-12-30 15:48:41)

GameOver
+14|6232|Hungary

pauli *wsaf wrote:

ad1 where EXACTLY do i have those stripes?? I am pretty sure there are none. About the color of the video-> it has nothing to do with rendering, its just my color-style edit.

ad2 i simly wont waste time and effort if you want make some crap, once u make a nice movie I will help.

ad3 your video... stripes on sides and resampled frames = fail (as we speak about rendering)

some test vid also in 720p HD at 5000kbits divx 6.8 single pass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHGBANIxZMU&fmt=22
There are two big black stripes in your movie: at the top and at the bottom of the screen. Maybe it is becouse I have an old-fashioned monitor (not a widescreen one) but they are there.

About the color: whatever it is (rendering or color effect), I don’t like it and I can’t really see the point of it. I think that it is at the expense of the quality. But if you like it…it’s your video…

Regarding my video: resampled frames? What is that? And the stripes on sides: yes, that is what I want to get rid of. Other than that I am happy with the quality of my video (I measure it with the readibility of the texts), but I would like it in fullscreen without the black stripes.
hintakaari
+113|5909

GameOver wrote:

pauli *wsaf wrote:

There are two big black stripes in your movie: at the top and at the bottom of the screen. Maybe it is becouse I have an old-fashioned monitor (not a widescreen one) but they are there.

About the color: whatever it is (rendering or color effect), I don’t like it and I can’t really see the point of it. I think that it is at the expense of the quality. But if you like it…it’s your video…

Regarding my video: resampled frames? What is that? And the stripes on sides: yes, that is what I want to get rid of. Other than that I am happy with the quality of my video (I measure it with the readibility of the texts), but I would like it in fullscreen without the black stripes.
no there isnt. only if you watch it in fullscreen, but thats something you cant do nothing about
GameOver
+14|6232|Hungary

hintakaari wrote:

no there isnt. only if you watch it in fullscreen, but thats something you cant do nothing about
Of course, I watch it in fullscreen, that's what big monitors are for. If I would like to watch videos in small, I would have bought a 14" monitor, lol...

Why? You are watching videos in that little window? I don't think so. But again, if you watch it in fullscreen, you got these black stripes, so something is wrong...

Last edited by GameOver (2009-01-01 07:00:05)

hintakaari
+113|5909

GameOver wrote:

hintakaari wrote:

Of course, I watch it in fullscreen, that's what big monitors are for. If I would like to watch videos in small, I would have bought a 14" monitor, lol...

Why? You are watching videos in that little window? I don't think so. But again, if you watch it in fullscreen, you got these black stripes, so something is wrong...
YES! there is black stripes BUT ITS STILL RENDERED RIGHT! Those stripes are not IN the video!
aimless
+166|6095|Texas
h.264 at 2 or 4 MBps or greater.

In vegas its something like MainConcept AVC/AAC (.mp4)
oRbIt011
+6|5913
3mbps WMV is a generally nice render setting to have, I haven't done anything widescreen yet though - but I can imagine the file being pretty massive. 1min video on 3mbps WMV is about 15mb I think.

GL.

You'll find it under Windows Media Video V9 (*.wmv)

I didn't know Vegas 9 was out???

Last edited by oRbIt011 (2009-01-12 02:35:09)

Acme1234
+62|6079|Melbourne, Australia
I like this guys guide for using youtube, using VirtualDub and Xvid. I find I get a really clean quality outcome after uploading it to youtube, like this - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyA0BPQDXUQ

VirtualDub guide - http://www.noobflicks.com/watch/848/xvi … s_encoding

Last edited by Acme1234 (2009-01-13 13:35:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard