Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6861|Reykjavík, Iceland.
And? We all know commies like their military.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6423|North Carolina
If they can close the gap between our spending and theirs, I'll be impressed.

As it currently stands, we have a military budget that is about 10 times theirs.

I doubt there's much to worry about here.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
I've posted this before:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/ROC_Administrative_and_Claims.png

(For those who don't know, ROC more or less = Taiwan)

lulz

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2008-12-23 11:18:33)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6596|Columbus, OH
I would be piss if I had to stand and watch the military parade all day.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6566|San Diego, CA, USA
With a modern military they could take back Taiwan and there's not much we could do without a full out non-conventional exchange.
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6438|Melbourne, AUS
And? everyone wants a strong military.
The#1Spot
+105|6557|byah

Warhammer wrote:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/22/chinas-alarming-arsenal/
If you have forgotten there is 1billion + people living in China so there will be considerable more people in the military than the US with ?320million?
people.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6510|Connecticut

maffiaw wrote:

not captfass
Malloy must go
Turquoise
O Canada

The#1Spot wrote:

Warhammer wrote:

If you have forgotten there is 1billion + people living in China so there will be considerable more people in the military than the US with ?320million?
people.
Superior Equipment > Larger amount of Infantry
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

deeznutz1245 wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

not captfass
true.  he wants buttsecks
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6650|949

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ … ending.htm

We've got nothing to be afraid of.

I was reading something recently (Chomsky maybe?) regarding Russia (but the same argument broadly applies to China) and the author was saying that the jump start the US had on the rest of the world regarding Military (and especially R&D) expenditures meant that the US could stop 'Defense' spending for 20 years before the rest of the world (China and Russia) could catch up.  Seeing as Bush and Co. have lately been throwing around the idea that the US Military Budget should be inexplicably linked to GDP (4% should be the low-end benchmark according to GWB and the Stooges), I don't think the US 'Defense' budget is going down anytime soon.

And the Washington Times has an agenda with this "fear China" type story - The owner, King Moonie, is a hardcore "anticommunist" and decidedly anti-China.  That's why the article is so one-sided.  "Building Military at alarming rates"?  Give me a break.

China's Communist Party leadership has been accumulating weapons at a startling rate - one far exceeding what American intelligence analysts deem necessary for China's security.
I wonder what those same analysts deem is a necessary expenditure for the US budget (probably at leat 4% of GDP lol!)

Chinese officials claim that the buildup is "defensive" and insist that Beijing's intentions are "peaceful." But China's neighbors are not convinced.
Same rhetoric is used by our bleaders.

The National Security staff and the State Department regard China as an essential partner in co-managing the region. But the Defense Department is more wary about partnerships and wants the focus to be on making contingency plans to deal with the rising threat," Mr. Tkacik said.
Yes, we need a partner to "co-manage" the region (i.e. make sure it submits to the will of American power). LOL

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-12-23 20:05:58)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command

usmarine wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

maffiaw wrote:

not captfass
true.  he wants buttsecks
That has fuckall to do with this thread.

Oh, what now? Are you going to hound him from thread to thread over words you disagree with?
Is that what you went to fight for?

So everybody has to think like you.
gg at proving him right.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6536|Montucky

ATG wrote:

usmarine wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

not captfass and ATG.
true.  they want buttsecks
That has fuckall to do with this thread.

Oh, what now? Are you going to hound him from thread to thread over words you disagree with?
Is that what you went to fight for?

So everybody has to think like you.
gg at proving him right.
Fixed.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6734

Mekstizzle wrote:

I've posted this before:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … Claims.png

(For those who don't know, ROC more or less = Taiwan)

lulz
Yeah we own that shit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6166|'straya

Turquoise wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

Warhammer wrote:

people.
As long as u have more bullet, bombs and missiles than they do soldiers
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
China rebuilding military at alarming rates
This is unsurprising news given the steady decline in military expenditure (as a % of GDP) over the last 20 years, it was so low it could only go up.

Last edited by Spark (2008-12-23 23:29:09)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6319
We've done it before, We can do it again
Turquoise
O Canada

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

people.
Well, we pretty much do.  Besides, it's the power of our bombs that matter, not the number of them.
spray_and_pray
+52|6509|Perth. Western Australia

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

people.
Might throw in the USSR vs Nazi's in here. Don't think so Determination > Any Weapon

Determination > Any Weapon
Vietnam         > USA

Pattern yes.
Warhammer
+18|5698
I just wanted to post this out there. Personally I think we win over them if it came to the situation, and I don't think they will attack us. The other countries that maybe susceptible could be taken over though or gone to war over an issue. I was curious also how is their country size doing in regards to their population?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6573
Do China not have every right to spend as much as they see fit on their military? What's the big deal?
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6567|UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Do China not have every right to spend as much as they see fit on their military? What's the big deal?
Exactly, but shush, or they will start talking about the war again
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6240|Escea

spray_and_pray wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Might throw in the USSR vs Nazi's in here. Don't think so Determination > Any Weapon

Vietnam         > USA

Pattern yes.
WWI

MG > waves of troops.

In modern warfare, having more soliders will not help you win unless they're are immensely well equipped, supplied and trained and even then its not guaranteed.
spray_and_pray
+52|6509|Perth. Western Australia

M.O.A.B wrote:

spray_and_pray wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Vietnam         > USA

Pattern yes.
WWI

MG > waves of troops.

In modern warfare, having more soliders will not help you win unless they're are immensely well equipped, supplied and trained and even then its not guaranteed.
Re read my post and try again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard