Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6737|Cambridge (UK)

BBC News Channel: World News America wrote:

Mexican workers have long filled many jobs in the US but the poor economy combined with stricter immigration enforcement is causing many to return home.
Source: Mexican workers leave US

How is this being seen in the US?

Good or bad?

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-12-18 21:52:19)

LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6350|MN
Bad, I will lose half my workforce.  Or, maybe not.

Actually as a company we are shifting towards a more english speaking workforce.  We are requiring a minimum English apptitude for employment.  Longterm employees will get a 6 month window to improve their english before they are let go.

Lots of potential employees out there right now.

So it is not so bad.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
part of me want's all the illegals gone... because of the expense and the drag on the system.... the other half of me wishes that all the ones that bust their ass everday doing whatever job they can find should be able to stay... and all the ones that are lazy and or commit crimes....
along with the people that legally live or were born here... lazy ass people... that feel they are entitled to everything... they can all go somewhere else...  We need to trade 1 lazy ass citizen for 1 hard working immigrant...

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-12-18 22:12:54)

Love is the answer
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

^ I agree completely. I've met many illegals and some of them are actually trying to make it here and they love it here and they're working two jobs and hardly sleeping just to be able to raise a family. And then there are the cunts who cross the border and expect everything to be magically better, and when it's not they have a major protest with signs that say "Illegal Immigrants Are People Too"... hahaha! They've got great senses of humor.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6445|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
The scenrario is the same over here in the UK, lots of eastern european workers that have come here have left because of the economic downturn.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6756|Anaheim, CA

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

part of me want's all the illegals gone... because of the expense and the drag on the system.... the other half of me wishes that all the ones that bust their ass everday doing whatever job they can find should be able to stay... and all the ones that are lazy and or commit crimes....
along with the people that legally live or were born here... lazy ass people... that feel they are entitled to everything... they can all go somewhere else...  We need to trade 1 lazy ass citizen for 1 hard working immigrant...
Yep.  Immigrants coming over and busting their ass to make the American dream are what built this country.  Not the lazy welfare losers we have today . . .
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6101|Carnoustie MASSIF
As Elite says, exactly the same thing going on over the pond here in Uk.

In Scotland we have free riders, people whoa re more than happy to just sit back and let some hard working soul pay for them to stay home. Hence an abundance of jobs. When Immigrant workers come over here from the Easters European countries and take up the jobs, they moan that theirs not enough jobs going round. Maybe if you got off your fat lazy arse instead of eating shite all day and smoking pot and watching Dvd's then there would be some fucking jobs.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6458|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/kheihn/NoBurritos.jpg
Its probably the leaches leaving because the welfare checks are going away, fuck em, don't let the door slam you on the ass on the way out.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

i do not know one single person who has even mentioned it or would even care.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina
I see it as good...
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA
If Mexicans are fleeing the U.S. to Mexico then surely things are fucked up here.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
Thought they would never leave
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

that story makes no sense at all.  people would be looking for cheaper labor, hence the border jumpers.  stupid bbc.  go sit on the border for a day and tell me more are leaving than coming.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

usmarine wrote:

that story makes no sense at all.  people would be looking for cheaper labor, hence the border jumpers.  stupid bbc.  go sit on the border for a day and tell me more are leaving than coming.
You sit on the border often then?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
They aren't going anywhere en masse.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

usmarine wrote:

You sit on the border often then?
no smart ass i have a family member in the fbi who works in socal.

plus, ATG lives there and he can tell you also.

now go be a good little sheep and follow the bbc.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-12-19 17:50:54)

Wreckognize
+294|6456

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Mexican workers have long filled many jobs in the US but the poor economy combined with stricter immigration enforcement is causing many to return home.

Good or bad?
And nothing of value was lost.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617
Good thing. More tacos for me.

As if they're going to have a better time in mexico.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Good thing. More tacos for me.

As if they're going to have a better time in mexico.
Which is exactly why not that many will leave.

Until the law in enforced both in regards to the border and the employer nothing will change.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

ATG wrote:

Until the law in enforced both in regards to the border and the employer nothing will change.
Ci senior.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Good or bad?
Its FANTASTIC actually!!!! GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone who lives in a border state (California), this is encouraging news!!! We are overpopulated as it is in this state! Not too mention the fact that there still are too many workers here anyway. When there are people standing around at Home Depot/street corners on any given day looking for work, it means there are too many of them here!!! If there were enough jobs, they wouldnt be standing around like assholes looking for them!

I work with 6 illegals. . . . . If they were sent home by the INS tomorrow, I wouldnt give a shit!

Shit, there are so many illegals in California it makes me sick. . . . . . GTFO! Our hospitals, county/state prisons, schools, communities are ALL affected by illegals NOT FOR THE BETTER I am sad to say! These are uneducated, poor people that continue to live in poverty EVEN while making more money here in the USA!! They live like animals (multiple people/babies in apts/homes), talk like immature children constantly (i understand spanish, I hear them talk everyday), treat women like objects (unless they are fellow Mexicans, then they sort of shape up).  I work at one of the best restaurants south of San Francisco, and they (mexicans) are all the same.  They arent mean people per se but they just arent benefitting American society whatsoever. . . .  They dont want to assimilate and dont give a fuck about this country, all they want is to make money and send it home.   

I dont think the government has done anything tangible whatsoever to rid us of this epidemic.  We have to have a fucking recession to get these people to leave!!!!????? FUCKING PATHETIC!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT
Steve, isn't Menlo Park one of the richest cities/towns/random overdeveloped parcel of land in the Bay Area?
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

nukchebi0 wrote:

Steve, isn't Menlo Park one of the richest cities/towns/random overdeveloped parcel of land in the Bay Area?
Its wealthy absolutely, and it sits next door to Atherton which IS THE RICHEST area code in the USA. . . . .

HOWEVER, next to Atherton lies Redwood City (where I grew up) or as the Mexicans like to call it "Mini-Michoacan". . . . . Redwood City is the hub of illegals on the Peninsula.

You drive through the richest areas of the country i.e. Palo Alto, to Menlo Park, through Atherton. . . .  then broke ass, run down, illegal filled Mexico/Redwood City.  You would think the Mexicans would try and improve their living conditions etc. but it literally looks like a town in Mexico!!! Its rediculous, its not like the Mexicans are working at shithole places not making any dough! They are working for the richest people in the Bay Area!! Its so fucking rediculous!! The reason Redwood City is a shithole is because they DONT CARE ABOUT THE TOWN THEY LIVE IN! They just keep sending the money they make back home, and are content with living in squalor. 

Take a trip down here, and see exactly what I am talking about!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6295|New Haven, CT
I looked at Google Maps, and that sufficed. The difference between Atherton and Redwood City is amazing.

Also, I have been through Los Angeles; its not much different.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

fadedsteve wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Its wealthy absolutely, and it sits next door to Atherton which IS THE RICHEST area code in the USA. . . . .

HOWEVER, next to Atherton lies Redwood City (where I grew up) or as the Mexicans like to call it "Mini-Michoacan". . . . . Redwood City is the hub of illegals on the Peninsula.

You drive through the richest areas of the country i.e. Palo Alto, to Menlo Park, through Atherton. . . .  then broke ass, run down, illegal filled Mexico/Redwood City.  You would think the Mexicans would try and improve their living conditions etc. but it literally looks like a town in Mexico!!! Its rediculous, its not like the Mexicans are working at shithole places not making any dough! They are working for the richest people in the Bay Area!! Its so fucking rediculous!! The reason Redwood City is a shithole is because they DONT CARE ABOUT THE TOWN THEY LIVE IN! They just keep sending the money they make back home, and are content with living in squalor. 

Take a trip down here, and see exactly what I am talking about!
racist!!

It is not their fault, look what the white man did to them in 1846 for Christ sake. They are still feeling the backlash from that.

Last edited by lowing (2008-12-21 03:20:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard