Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6180|Wisconsin

Defiance wrote:

It only took them 3 and a half fucking years.
AND the map looks like shit...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Just ONE map?

lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Laika
+75|5945
Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, but some of these comments are probably part of the reason DICE is less than enthusiastic about making patches.

Seriously, every time they go out of their way to try to make the game better, all they hear are complaints from the players. I'm not saying DICE is perfect, but maybe if we demonstrated a little appreciation for what they do we'd see a reciprocal effect in the way of more frequent, community driven updates.
RotorBlade00
+7|5701|Australia

Ataronchronon wrote:

Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, but some of these comments are probably part of the reason DICE is less than enthusiastic about making patches.

Seriously, every time they go out of their way to try to make the game better, all they hear are complaints from the players. I'm not saying DICE is perfect, but maybe if we demonstrated a little appreciation for what they do we'd see a reciprocal effect in the way of more frequent, community driven updates.
amen
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5835|Australia

Ataronchronon wrote:

i think, honest to god, that is the greatest post ive ever seen on the bf2s forums

full of common sense and decency, i plus one you, you deserve it
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
so true.
cheify0
+2|6230|Philippines
lets do it!!
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

Ataronchronon wrote:

don't be so ignorant.
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine

Ataronchronon wrote:

I'm not saying DICE is perfect, but maybe if we demonstrated a little appreciation for what they do we'd see a reciprocal effect in the way of more frequent, community driven updates.
Actually I've seen these "community-driven updates" in 2142 - 2 worst maps I ever seen that DICE included in last 2142 patch. No thx, I want a map made by same ppl who did core BF2\BF2142 maps, not some smurfs who just put random buildings from random maps together and call that 'a map'.

p/s I seriously doubt that new map was made by DICE. More like a community-made map (read: crap).

Last edited by Longbow (2008-12-20 07:17:36)

JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK

Longbow wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

I'm not saying DICE is perfect, but maybe if we demonstrated a little appreciation for what they do we'd see a reciprocal effect in the way of more frequent, community driven updates.
Actually I've seen these "community-driven updates" in 2142 - 2 worst maps I ever seen that DICE included in last 2142 patch. No thx, I want a map made by same ppl who did core BF2\BF2142 maps, not some smurfs who just put random buildings from random maps together and call that 'a map'.

p/s I seriously doubt that new map was made by DICE. More like a community-made map (read: crap).
lol wake island 2142

worst map ever

portland island would have been better, tbh
Icleos
+101|6743

Acreta wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

i think, honest to god, that is the greatest post ive ever seen on the bf2s forums

You both clearly haven't been around long enough to experience all the patches since day one...
DICE has had a record of not understanding what a quality patch is and not delivering what they say.
Just because 10 people in a beta test team, or none at all for that matter, give the thumbs up doesn't mean it's a representative base of actual gameplay.

It's funny that they say they take cheating seriously and take pride in their work.
If this is so then why wasn't this security patch done about a year ago?  There were a lot of days there to fix something.
It seems like they're doing nothing more than paying a child support payment just to say that they care.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6548|the best galaxy
Anyone believe in a new patch? Srly? After this long? Don't You think they would have released it like 2 years ago?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK

Freke1 wrote:

Anyone believe in a new patch? Srly? After this long? Don't You think they would have released it like 2 years ago?
no it's all a massive lie

wat
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436
Unsticky the 1.5 wishlist.
dtacs
+126|5835|Australia

Icleos wrote:

Acreta wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

You both clearly haven't been around long enough to experience all the patches since day one...
DICE has had a record of not understanding what a quality patch is and not delivering what they say.
Just because 10 people in a beta test team, or none at all for that matter, give the thumbs up doesn't mean it's a representative base of actual gameplay.

It's funny that they say they take cheating seriously and take pride in their work.
If this is so then why wasn't this security patch done about a year ago?  There were a lot of days there to fix something.
It seems like they're doing nothing more than paying a child support payment just to say that they care.
Ive been playing BF2 since it came out, and ive seen the failure of the previous patches.

They have all right to take pride in their work, for a game that has been going this long and is still 7th on the xfire most played games list.

Don't be so quick to judge a legit company, well, WAS legit until EA bought them out.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
dtacs
+126|5835|Australia

12/f/taiwan wrote:

If you guys want to play inf with an Ak-47 go buy SF. It has been out for a while now you know...
No armies on SF have the 47.

cept for the MECSF, which are only on maps which are never played

Last edited by Acreta (2008-12-20 16:31:41)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

Acreta wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

If you guys want to play inf with an Ak-47 go buy SF. It has been out for a while now you know...

Gator is the 3rd most played SF map.

Although there is only 1 US server running it and one European one(as previously stated).
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Acreta wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Although there is only 1 US server running it and one European one(as previously stated).
Yeah, way to many SF servers run only Warlord or Ghost Town.

And the ones that don't are all in like Sweden or something.

We need more SF all maps servers in the US.
dtacs
+126|5835|Australia

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Acreta wrote:

Yeah, way to many SF servers run only Warlord or Ghost Town.

And the ones that don't are all in like Sweden or something.

We need more SF all maps servers in the US.
make a thread about it
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6695|The Ville
If this patch does come out and I here you all say good things about it, I might play again. I wonder if BF2 is still even on my pc lol. Good news about the new map though (if it's true)
jdno_7
+10|6223

JoshP wrote:

Freke1 wrote:

no it's all a massive lie

wat
He obviously has not read this thread or anything regarding the new patch being released.......but of course he will after he reads this and he'll come back with "that was sarcasm" blah blah blah...........
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
i would like to know how many vehicles that map will have.
IO is going to be an AT and snipers fest..
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

i would like to know how many vehicles that map will have.
IO is going to be an AT and snipers fest..
What, no medics?

Ataronchronon wrote:

That's a fair call, but if I worked for DICE I'd be more motivated by the threat of my employer going bust than kind words from 'the gaming community'.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5690|Notts, UK
Put it this way, if DICE can make a real quality patch i'll love them for ever and buy mirrors edge and bf3 and play shitty heroes and maybe even buy the addon crap that is supposed to come with it, cos i'll think that they'll carry on supporting the games they make

If they make a shitty patch, i'll probably not buy/play all their games (or pirate em instead )

Then again, they do make great games (i <3 bf2, no other games have come close to it in terms of longevity and entertainment-ness wat), so good on them for making great games in the first place, I suppose we are lucky to still have people making patches for us
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

There's a simple solution to those who don't think it'll be good or hate EA, don't play it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard