so fucking what.
fuck, fuck, fuck everywhere
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

SirSchloppy wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yes it is condescending, so fucking what.  thats all i deal with here anyway.  i had to delete one thread of mine because all the responses were about a coding error for the picture.  oh well.  so when in rome......

and trust me, when you get older you will see how stupid teens sound when they talk.
I get annoyed when people tar all teens with the same brush.
Bit pissed off, shouldn't have blown up like that.
well teens are the biggest users of text i would assume....for now at least.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

usmarine wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yes it is condescending, so fucking what.  thats all i deal with here anyway.  i had to delete one thread of mine because all the responses were about a coding error for the picture.  oh well.  so when in rome......

and trust me, when you get older you will see how stupid teens sound when they talk.
dont mean were all propa wankers tho now does it?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6122|Carnoustie MASSIF

usmarine wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Wasn't that opinion that annoyed me lol

Was the one about us being thick as mince
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

SirSchloppy wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I'm a teen and I don't really care that he's doing it...because it's true. It's absolutely true.

I mean sure, you, I and other teens on this forum might be different...but on the whole, it's absolutely true. I'm ashamed of my generation at times.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

SirSchloppy wrote:

yes but thats my point.  in my opinion text and other things are inhibiting social skills in kids and teens.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6122|Carnoustie MASSIF

usmarine wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

yes but thats my point.  in my opinion text and other things are inhibiting social skills in kids and teens.
They may be, yes, but adults use text, and some of them are as bad as teens, but people don't bang on about how it's affecting their social skills.

This shit should be in D&ST now.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638

usmarine wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

How often do you hang out or associate with teens to know if thats actually true?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

How often do you hang out or associate with teens to know if thats actually true?
family gatherings, teens working at a store or something like that, and interns at work.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone

usmarine wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

family gatherings, teens working at a store or something like that, and interns at work.
Ok mandarin I think this is your 7,000th text reply on this forum. The topic should be about you know.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

.Sup wrote:

Ok mandarin I think this is your 7,000th text reply on this forum. The topic should be about you know.
ya...you seem to have missed the point as usual.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!
I use up a ton of my free texts just fucking about texting friends while I wait for a bus, or while I'm sitting on the bus before and after college. helps pass the time.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas

Poseidon wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I'm a teen and I don't really care that he's doing it...because it's true. It's absolutely true.

I mean sure, you, I and other teens on this forum might be different...but on the whole, it's absolutely true. I'm ashamed of my generation at times.
And because the media says something, your views of people become influenced by their suggestive powers.

Personally, I see no degradation of verbal communication. Maybe I don't hang around with idiots. Which by the way, every generation has idiots. Texting isn't the cause, it's the effect. There's no correlation.

Idiots text, social outcasts text (if they have anyone to text), smart people text, busy people text, bored people text.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

MadKatter wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

And because the media says something, your views of people become influenced by their suggestive powers.

Personally, I see no degradation of verbal communication. Maybe I don't hang around with idiots. Which by the way, every generation has idiots. Texting isn't the cause, it's the effect. There's no correlation.

Idiots text, social outcasts text (if they have anyone to text), smart people text, busy people text, bored people text.
Mmm, no. I was speaking generally, though. Not really even pertaining to texting.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6513|Austin, Texas
And I care to disagree. Do you have any evidence or statistics?
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6445|USA
My unlimited plan suffices.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD
the doctor who saw me about my potential staph infection told my mother that i "give high school seniors a good name"

which surprised me cause i figured i was just behaving like a decent human being.

And I can't blame marine for his opinion of people my age. Shit, half the time when I'm on the metro I wish I were about 20 years older so I wouldn't be in the same category as the cretins I ride on the train with.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-12-19 19:30:58)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ
My cousin does 5500 monthly

I know a girl who has hit  6000+

I dont see why this is big news :\
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

rnnin l8 wil b hme 2nite @ 9 cu thn

Texting is going to ruin the spelling of generations upon generations.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

ceslayer23 wrote:

for uninformed people here, incoming texts count towards the 6,000, so she sends (around) 3,000, not 6,000

edit: which is 100 texts a day, which is not much at all
Errrmm, no.
who admits sending 260 texts a day
Why on earth would incoming texts be counted anyway?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6315|New Haven, CT

Poseidon wrote:

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
I text 5,000+ a month does that make me a asshole??
Ioan92
+337|5714
From my observations, texting is for moronic kids to try their best to sound/look popular.

I agree with Ioan.
Moronic kids who try to look/sound popular by using text because they don't have the balls to talk is what I think you meant. And I totally agree.

So the people who don't text are the ones with nobody to text. Gotcha.
No. Its because they can use their mouth to communicate.

this story doesn't surprise me at all.  when you try and talk to a teen its like speaking to a retard.  they have very little social skills and cant speak for shit.
My point exactly, its a phone, use your mouth goddammit!! Thats what its made for...

You were a teen too once...

yes but we had to speak to people using our voices.  and had to interact in person, not over a computer.
QFT.

I don't 'get' the idea of casual social texting either. Even messaging small chitchat to people over Facebook is an un-natural process to me.
QFT.

Fucking Influenza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ............. 
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6448|The edge of sanity

SirSchloppy wrote:

usmarine wrote:

SirSchloppy wrote:

They may be, yes, but adults use text, and some of them are as bad as teens, but people don't bang on about how it's affecting their social skills.

This shit should be in D&ST now.
Wait, wait, wait. You are wanting to take an irrational argument that spawned out of a news story and throw it into DS&T? You really think your bitch fight with usmarine is worth the time and effort of the DS&T forums? I understand where usmarine comes from now. Your lack of intelligence shown in this outburst is just plain disturbing. If you want to bitch and argue do it here, and leave the real topics of discussion for DS&T.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

ceslayer23 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

for uninformed people here, incoming texts count towards the 6,000, so she sends (around) 3,000, not 6,000

edit: which is 100 texts a day, which is not much at all
You have to pay to receive texts? That's just crazy.

*edit* - I don't believe that's true anyway. It doesn't fit in with anything I've read at all. Source?
I know two of the major cell phone carriers here in the US are like that (AT&T and Verizon) because I have AT&T and my girlfriend has Verizon.  cba to find a link to prove it.
The girl is from New Zealand.

Why should the stupid rules imposed by US mobile networks be imposed on her?

In any case, other articles on this are more detailed and it certainly IS just sending.

Check your facts before starting posts with "for uninformed people here". Now you just look silly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard