SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6708|Mountains of NC

ATG wrote:

I have been going through loads of paperwork trying to get a mod.

They have been playing games and now they say they never received the paperwork. I have only been one month behind and for us it was mortgage payment or christmas.

So I guess christmas is back on and maybe they'll stop with the games in a month or two.

I am in a position that if they do not substantially rewrite my loan I will walk.
thats what I got .... a off frame mod
90% of the house is nice, its that 10% of the detail work around the house that the company I bought it from are dicking around with
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6513|Kyiv, Ukraine

Varegg wrote:

Wtf?

Is the mortgage tied to the house and not the lender or am i missing something?

Where i come from the mortgage is tied to you personally and there is no way escaping it except bankruptcy and you really don't want that to happen because you'll never be able to borrow again after that ...
Not true at all.  You can only declare bankruptcy every 7 years.  With recent changes in rules making it near impossible to declare in the first place.  If you can't declare bankruptcy, creditors can basically enslave you - take away everything except your birthday and maybe your kids (not sure about that part).  There's RN's bagging groceries because creditors had their professional licensing canned until they pay up on their student loans, for example.

Fresh bankruptcy = fresh meat for the credit industry.
CC-Marley
+407|6969
Don't have a mortgage but Bank of unAmerica is going to raise my APR from 9.99% to 20.99% for no reason. Only way to keep my old rate is to Opt-Out. Though Congress is addressing these pratices today infact. But we'll have to wait until 2010 is they do decide to do anything.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2008-12-18 10:31:30)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6836|NJ
Well BOA also has a website where you can pay your mortgage and not get any late charges up to the 15th of the month.. But guess what? It's was down on the 15th, so everyone whose been struggling to get the money up had to pay on the 16th..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard