Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

After reading all of this, it is obvious you all are purposely dodging the point of the entire conversation, and you should, because there is no way you could answer it, be truthful, and still have an argument.
No, lowing, you are the one with no argument to make.

Bring me ONE example of something that IS marketed for the 'white community' or the 'anglo-american community' or whatever, AND that HAS been called racist, AND that ISN'T a cover for some white-supremacist nut-job, and I'll concede.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)
Something a friend, who isn't a bf2s member, just msg'd to me:

Ant wrote:

Can't you reach all these pages on the internet whichever Browser you're using , or does Blackbird stop you going to sites which arent of interest to Black People, Does Internet Explorer, for instance, stop you visiting the sites that Blackbird allows, Aren't all Browsers designed To allow a diverse Global Community to access sites which are of particular interest to them, regardless of Colour, Creed, or Nationality, Blackbirds just a new Browser with a new name, & maybe some handy links for people  who wish to experience the Black Culture, is it wrong to save your individual interest in your Browsers Favourites or Bookmark folders, just in case it's not the sort of site other people may or may not, have an interest in

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-12-17 17:55:58)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Lowing, why didn't you make any noise about this browser, clearly aimed at "morally" wrong people:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/07/11/po … n-browser/

Maybe this one:

http://missamericakids.com/

Which promotes a negative self image for young girls.

No?

Just a black web browser.... 'That' we shouldn't have.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Lowing, why didn't you make any noise about this browser, clearly aimed at "morally" wrong people:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/07/11/po … n-browser/

Maybe this one:

http://missamericakids.com/

Which promotes a negative self image for young girls.

No?

Just a black web browser.... 'That' we shouldn't have.
Or http://www.mykidsafeinternet.com/

And this: http://browser.flock.com/gloss/ is clearly sexist.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-12-17 17:58:50)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6482|Menlo Park, CA

lowing wrote:

http://gizmodo.com/5105846/blackbird-web-browser-because-firefox-is-too-navajo-for-black-web-surfers

in keeping with my consistency of pointing out double standards and racism in America I offer a "black" web browser to add to the list of:

black TV channels
black miss America pageants
black magazines
black charities
black colleges
black, govt sponsored assistance
black history month
black holidays
black associations and clubs
African-American labeling ( because they refuse to be JUST Americans)
Couldnt agree with you more! End the double standards, end affirmative action, and end the divisivness that has permiated the blacks community from the rest of American society.  SLAVERY IS OVER!! NO ONE IS OUT TO GET THE BLACK MAN, GET OVER IT!!!! Fuckin' A!!!!
13rin
+977|6470

fadedsteve wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://gizmodo.com/5105846/blackbird-web-browser-because-firefox-is-too-navajo-for-black-web-surfers

in keeping with my consistency of pointing out double standards and racism in America I offer a "black" web browser to add to the list of:

black TV channels
black magazines
black charities
black colleges
black history month
black holidays
Couldnt agree with you more! End the double standards, end affirmative action, and end the divisivness that has permiated the blacks community from the rest of American society.  SLAVERY IS OVER!! NO ONE IS OUT TO GET THE BLACK MAN, GET OVER IT!!!! Fuckin' A!!!!
Ateee.. them.. er. Amm..mmmen.  God forbid it.   Just glad we're getting a leader not indoctrinated by racist hate propaganda. D'oh!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6482|Menlo Park, CA

DBBrinson1 wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

lowing wrote:

black TV channels
black magazines
black charities
black colleges
black history month
black holidays
Ateee.. them.. er. Amm..mmmen.  God forbid it.   Just glad we're getting a leader not indoctrinated by racist hate propaganda. D'oh!
No shit!! How can blacks claim they are discriminated against when the new fucking president of the USA is a fucking black guy!!!??????????????

Its rediculous and this bs double standard and "poor me" attitude needs to stop! Blacks have an equal opportunity to improve themselves just like everybody else in this country. . . . . Its not like it was in the "old days" so grow up! and show some sense of accountability!

Black web browser ? ? ? ? ? ? STFU!
13rin
+977|6470

fadedsteve wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

No shit!! How can blacks claim they are discriminated against when the new fucking president of the USA is a fucking black guy!!!??????????????

Its rediculous and this bs double standard and "poor me" attitude needs to stop! Blacks have an equal opportunity to improve themselves just like everybody else in this country. . . . . Its not like it was in the "old days" so grow up! and show some sense of accountability!

Black web browser ? ? ? ? ? ? STFU!
Woah, Woah, Woah!!!!   Who do you think you are?  America's Chickens.. Coming home to roost?  Not God bless the USA!  GOD DAMN THE USA!!!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)
The google ads for this thread must be sending some people into palpitations.

EDIT: Of course, now all they're showing is an ebay bf2 ad - pwnd by my own pwntard - trust me, it was funny when I posted it.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-12-17 19:11:13)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The google ads for this thread must be sending some people into palpitations.
BlackBird + Adblock ftw
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

After reading all of this, it is obvious you all are purposely dodging the point of the entire conversation, and you should, because there is no way you could answer it, be truthful, and still have an argument.

Bring me ONE example of something that IS marketed for the 'white community' or the 'anglo-american community' or whatever, AND that HAS been called racist, AND that ISN'T a cover for some white-supremacist nut-job, and I'll concede.
There are no products marketed for "whites only", all that mentality went out with the civil rights movement, as it should. Now it is a simple question, how about just answering it, instead of dodging it!!

Do you honestly believe whites can get away with this sort of marketing and it fly below the radar as a non-issue?? See if you can be honest.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

There are no products marketed for "whites only", all that mentality went out with the civil rights movement, as it should. Now it is a simple question, how about just answering it, instead of dodging it!!

Do you honestly believe whites can get away with this sort of marketing and it fly below the radar as a non-issue?? See if you can be honest.
Did I say 'whites only'? NO I DID NOT.

Just as BlackBird does not say 'blacks only'.

I think this is the whole problem isn't it lowing - where we see 'black community' and understand that a 'community' is not limited by race, you see 'black community' and think 'black only'.

There is a difference.

Your 'community' is NOT defined by your race.

It IS defined by the people you choose to associate with - often due to some common interest or other.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN
So what is the Black culture then?
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

LividBovine wrote:

So what is the Black culture then?
I can tell you what it is not.

It is not solely defined by the colour of your skin.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN
Nice dodge, you know I am not asking that.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

LividBovine wrote:

Well, I am not part of the black community and it would therefore be wrong of me to try and define what black culture is.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6707
Keep the people divided... here's your browser and here's ours... I don't blame black people or white people... Just the marketing genius asshat that thought this would be a good idea to target market black folks...   If i was black i would be offended by this ploy...

edit:  I was just thinking... is there a filter on this browser and does it limit what black people can see...who makes the call on what content is relivant?   What is the advantage to using this browser?

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-12-17 20:22:48)

Love is the answer
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

Well, I am not part of the black community and it would therefore be wrong of me to try and define what black culture is.
Could you define what the Irish Culture is even without being part of it?  Or at least a little generalization (oh, a bad word).
Scorpion0x17
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

LividBovine wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

LividBovine wrote:

Could you define what the Irish Culture is even without being part of it?  Or at least a little generalization (oh, a bad word).
Again, for the same reasons, no. But, also again, I can tell you what it's not - it's not purely defined by whether one is Irish or not.

I can tell you what the white, lower-middle-class, 30-something that went to uni, is currently semi-self-(un)employed, lives in a shared house on a british, semi-council, housing estate ('cos we don't have council estates any more, thanks Mrs Thatcher) culture is like, if you want.
Wreckognize
+294|6476
This county is built on the principles of freedom.  The first Amendment covers a person's right to make a web browser marketed toward the African-American community.  Why are you all trying to infringe on his freedom?
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN

Wreckognize wrote:

This county is built on the principles of freedom.  The first Amendment covers a person's right to make a web browser marketed toward the African-American community.  Why are you all trying to infringe on his freedom?
I think Lowing has been trying to get people to see the double standard that exists.  If I, as a "white" person were to design a web browser targeted at Whites, I would be ridiculed and labeled as a rascist.  You all know this is true.  If I did the same thing for the Irish American's, I would probably not be labeled a racist.  The difference is simply that by designing a web browser, or anything, targeted at such a broad group as blacks, is exactly the same as me designing one for whites.  The problem is one is labled a racist, and the other is not.  To answer all those saying that they want an example, do you really think someone besides wing-nuts are going to design and market something like that?

The reason I was asking Scorpion0x17  to define black culture was to prove a point that there is no real black culture.  There is inner city culture, Ivory Coast culture, southern culture, and even Minnesota culture.  To say something is for the black culture is really quite ignorant and seperatist.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

LividBovine wrote:

The difference is simply that by designing a web browser, or anything, targeted at such a broad group as blacks, is exactly the same as me designing one for whites.
I disagree, and think the reason that it is different is simply down to the fact that blacks are a minority. It would also be fine to have a Spanish browser or Irish browser.

It's easier to target a broad group of blacks, Spanish, Irish, etc. It isn't easy to target a broad group of whites without segregation, due to the sheer numbers who identify themselves with white culture.

This is why you don't have a WhiteDove browser.

This is why you have black radio, tv channels and web browsers and for some reason there are people who can't accept that (not targeting you with this comment).
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN
I do no think there is a white culture, nor a black culture.  I cannot define white culture any more than anyone here can define black culture.  This is simply because neither one exists.  Therefore, in my mind, it is a double standard to be ok with someone developing a black targeted thing, but not ok with a white targeted thing.  Neither one is right.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

What's the freakin fuzz all about, so the African Americans get targeted for their own browser, who gives a shit honestly ... if someone should feel offended by this it is the black populace that "need" their own browser ...

Get over it ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6371|MN
But why do they feel they need their own browser, or anything targeted at blacks?  The real point here is the double standard being applied.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard