nayo450
+-1|6804
well i had heard rumers of memory leak problems, i've seen this problem myself many a time
EXiT|Air
+0|6813|The Netherlands
maybe your GPU is overheating?
v1l2u5
+1|6790
My system does a hard reboot & video reseting back to 800x600? I dont think it is my new system because I built it last Thursday and play BF2 & all other video games at a LAN party at my buddy's house and all week long, it only just started yesterday after installing the patch.

I'm not overclocking, and Im running the game video settings at medium (which ran fine on 1.02)

Everyone list your system specs, maybe there is a hardware problem
System Specs
AMD 64b 3500
1GB Duel Chan Ram
x800XL Radeon

Last edited by v1l2u5 (2005-10-06 20:27:31)

Gabriel
+0|6796

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

It seems that BF2 will crash after I play it for a long period of time. It just crashes to desktop. No errors, no warning sounds, nothing. Aside from having the sandbags texture a little iffy in game there seems to be nothing wrong. Anyone know why my game could be crashing like this?
same exact thing (crashing to desktop without warning) happened to me the day after i installed the patch, i believe i'd been playing for about 3 hours before i had to go to work for the day. sucked too as i was having a wonderful round of sniping...was so mad.
v1l2u5
+1|6790
Hey trigg its happening to me too, also I have some buddies at work & online that its to that to as well.. I gues we need to wait for 1.04 to fix 1.03..  hee hee 
OnBoyce
+3|6837|Montreal, QC
I used to have that problem a couple of months ago when I was playing WoW. The game crashed to the desktop randomly, ranging from 15 minutes after I started the game to 4-5hours. And when I staretd playing BF2, it took maximum 30 minutes, and I was back on my desktop. My problem was related to bad RAM. I have two 512MB Memory sticks, and the 2nd one was defective. Since BF2 takes a lot of RAM, it used the 2nd memory stick a lot, and thus that usage made the game crash.

I tried to play at 512MB just to see, and the game has never crash for about 2 months now. I sent my memory back and got my new memory not too long ago... just need to put it in the PC again. Cant wait to play again with 1 full GB of RAM. Loading a map at 512MB takes forever!

That was my problem with the game. I dont know if your problem is related to bad memory though. There are programs on the net to test your memory. Thats how I found out mine was defective. I used MemTest or sumtin like that.

Hope this helps!
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6840|OP, KS
Clean your Cpu and GPU fans. That was my problem. Played fine for about 2 hours then the sandbags would look all metalic then crash to desktop. I went through everything and truns out it was just a dirty fans. It took me reloading 3 or 4 times. Then I though I burned the board or video card up. SO I broke down my computer to get the serial # off my board which on msi boards are on the back "dumb" thats when I found the dirt clog in my gpu fan and cpu fan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard