Half Life series
CoD 4
Knights of the Old Republic
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

Mutantsteak wrote:

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I see people mentioning Halo, that game had a story? Isn't it supposed to have your cookie cutter, save the planet from aliens, storyline?

Anyway, my top 3, in no particular order are any of the Metal Gear Solid games, Deus Ex, and Valkyria Chronicles.
Valkyria Chronicles? Lemme guess, cookie cutter JRPG story line and a main character with strange hair? They are all the same
How did I feel I would upset a Halo fan by saying that? What I meant by cookie cutter save the planet from aliens storyline is that fact that you can use that in just about any shooter game and just rename it. Look at Resistane, it's basically the same story line with just different game mechanics. And besides what exactly is a cookie cutter JRPG story line? I honestly hate RPGs, I've only beaten 4, it'll be 5 with Valkyria Chronicles, so for me, somebody who's biased against RPGs, to say that this RPG has a good story line, it's pretty good.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
HL1 series.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
Halo 1-3/ GTA4
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Apparently Planescape: Torment's is pretty fucking epic.

Wish I had a way to obtain a copy.

Might have to order it or summat online.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas
Broken Sword series. All about those Templar guys, saving the world and ancient legends.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

Mutantsteak wrote:

I see people mentioning Halo, that game had a story? Isn't it supposed to have your cookie cutter, save the planet from aliens, storyline?

Anyway, my top 3, in no particular order are any of the Metal Gear Solid games, Deus Ex, and Valkyria Chronicles.
Valkyria Chronicles? Lemme guess, cookie cutter JRPG story line and a main character with strange hair? They are all the same
How did I feel I would upset a Halo fan by saying that? What I meant by cookie cutter save the planet from aliens storyline is that fact that you can use that in just about any shooter game and just rename it. Look at Resistane, it's basically the same story line with just different game mechanics. And besides what exactly is a cookie cutter JRPG story line? I honestly hate RPGs, I've only beaten 4, it'll be 5 with Valkyria Chronicles, so for me, somebody who's biased against RPGs, to say that this RPG has a good story line, it's pretty good.
Oh I am far from a halo fan, I'm just pointing out that all JRPGs are the same and I can find a million people to agree with me. You may think the story is good and I'm okay with that but talk about cookie cutter story plots and the first thing I think of is JRPG
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6316|Canada BC
freelancer
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

Miggle wrote:

Flecco wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Can't believe no-one has mentioned Fallout.
Fallout (not just 3) has a great backstory.

And Half-life, Freelancer. I thought TFU had a pretty good plot as well.

And BF2? lol. It was a great game, but isnt going to win any plot awards.
Migs mentioned fallout you numpty.

Fucking retard Tim. Are you blind or just unable to comprehend written text properly? WAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION KENT?
Yeah, wtf Tim?
Damnit. I tend to breeze over Miggle's posts if Poseidon has recently posted in the same thread. I'm sorry guyse.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Doom, for having the guts to not take itself too seriously. The readme had a bit of background info, but the whole thing was about a space marine kicking demon ass in space, hell and earth until they cried uncle. Too bad the movie wasn't willing to forge along with that. Could've been the next Army of Darkness.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
the only storylines that come to me are diablo 2, starcraft, and warcraft 3 for some strange reason...
also Gears of War 1 & 2 recently... #2 left so many questionsssssss unanswered
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

M.O.A.B wrote:

For me it has to be the original MGS on the PS1
Great characters, deep and intriguing plot and one that I still find really good even after my tenth run through it

Aries_37 wrote:

MGS series is definitely up there.

Wreckognize wrote:

Any Metal Gear Solid game, hands down.

any of the Metal Gear Solid games
Metal Gear Solid, easily. The game just sucked me right in and I was at the edge of my seat the entire time. This was probably the game that showed me that videogames can be works of art as well, and can reach people on an emotional level, and are more than just mindless forms of entertainment to pass the time. The sequels are also very very good (haven't played the fourth one yet, Snake Eater was A-movie filmworthy, and the second one was still pretty good, despite convolutions and preachy-ness towards the end).

Superior Mind wrote:

Syphon Filter series was pretty legit.
This is also another great series. I can't say it's as top-notch as MGS, but still a very good series. Even the ones on PSP are pretty darn good.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-12-15 23:06:51)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Mutantsteak wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles? Lemme guess, cookie cutter JRPG story line and a main character with strange hair? -*They are all the same
OK, Simpsons-did-it/Comic Book Guy.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

firebolt5 wrote:

Half Life 1 series
CoD 4
Knights of the Old Republic
fixed.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Abize
+1|6134|Australian Yellow Zone
MGS (MGS3 if I had to choose a specific one)

Halo 1 had a good story, but 2/3 it became pretty poor as they lost some creativity plus about 2 dozen games tried to copy Halo 1.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Half-Life
C&C
C&C: RA1
Perfect Dark
MGS1

Duke Nukem
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Max Payne and GTA-VC
I need around tree fiddy.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand
Yoshi's island for super nintendo.
I know fucking karate
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6438|Brisbane, Australia
hmm tough one.

List in no apparent order

-Halo series
-Half life series - (if you fix this I will stab out your fucking eyeballs with a spoon)
-Knights of old republic
-Fable 1
-Assassins creed (yes I actually got it)
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5748|Croatia
Metal Gear Solid series
CoD4 had me in tears @ the end
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA

Mutantsteak wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Oh I am far from a halo fan, I'm just pointing out that all JRPGs are the same and I can find a million people to agree with me. You may think the story is good and I'm okay with that but talk about cookie cutter story plots and the first thing I think of is JRPG
All that really means is that you're totally biased against JRPGs. Shooters are one of my favorite genres, yet I still think Halo's story is pretty lame. Same with Half Life's, that's not to say I don't like those games, I consider Half Life to be in the top 3 best shooters ever. It seems like too many people on this board are coming here posting their favorite games as opposed to games with really good story lines.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6237|Uk

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Broken Sword series. All about those Templar guys, saving the world and ancient legends.
that x a million

plus story from BS2,3,4

Broken Sword is fucking intense
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Any Command and Conquer game that doesn't have China as a playable faction.

Also the KoTOR and Fallout games were great too.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-12-16 11:08:48)

icecold2510
+31|6295
All MGS's.

amazing
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
Baldur's Gate (1>2, but both good)
Betrayal at Krondor.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard