deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6495|Connecticut

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Back and soulders tip:

-Find out what your max weight is for 10 shrugs

- minus 50 lbs from that and do 20 shrugs

- stop, add 5 lbs and do 19 shrugs

- add 5 lbs, do 18

- etc, keep adding 5 and do one less until you down to your last shrug

- Do the last shrug with your max weight and HOLD it as long as you can.

- Intense, you should be burning and if you do that routine twice a week you will have great shoulder strength in a few months.
Try this guys and let me know if you feel the burn!! Also, it is only necessary to do one rep of this. The whole point of stopping and reducing weight is also to give your muscles that 20-30 second rest. Anyways, let me know if you try it.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6495|Connecticut

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Back and soulders tip:

-Find out what your max weight is for 10 shrugs
how
good question. If you havent done shrugs before, or don't do them often enough to know, go by this. The usual recommened weight for a rep of 10 shrugs is half your body weight, give or take a few pounds. If you weigh 150, then try 75 lbs and see how you feel. Remember, the point is not to kill your muscles after 10 reps so go low if you feel overwhelmed.
Malloy must go
phishman420
Banned
+821|5684
I did 50 shrugs with 30 lbs, and it gave me quite the burn across my shoulders. Adding this routine to my daily repertoire.
deeznutz1245
+483|6495|Connecticut

phishman420 wrote:

I did 50 shrugs with 30 lbs, and it gave me quite the burn across my shoulders. Adding this routine to my daily repertoire.
I do my shoulders with my chest. I try to target my back on a different day than my shoulders so I don't fatigue as quick, giving myself a better chance. I don't know which days you do chest but I found it goes good with a chest routine.
Malloy must go
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5935|United States
alright, so i've been working my upper body mostly. Are barbell rows a good back exercise? What is the best exercise for back muscles, that you can easily do at home? And is it true that if you only exercise your chest/arms, you still won't grow any muscle there cause you need to exercise the entire body

edit: After I work out I usually feel tight for about 20 minutes, but after that any soreness goes away. I keep thinking that I'm not working hard enough, or taking long breaks in between sets. What should the break between sets be?

Last edited by argo4 (2008-12-14 08:48:15)

phishman420
Banned
+821|5684
Yeah, I don't really have a set schedule for my workouts. Some days, I'll just do a bunch of pullups. Some days, I'll do a bunch of pushups. Some days I'll do a bunch of curls/dips. Some days, I'll do a mixture of all of them. I try to work out a little every day except for Sunday.
deeznutz1245
+483|6495|Connecticut

argo4 wrote:

alright, so i've been working my upper body mostly. Are barbell rows a good back exercise? What is the best exercise for back muscles, that you can easily do at home?
Try reverse sit ups for your lower back, hold a weight behind your head too if you want. 

argo4 wrote:

And is it true that if you only exercise your chest/arms, you still won't grow any muscle there cause you need to exercise the entire body
No, but remember your body is like a chain. As strong as its weakest link.
Malloy must go
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5935|United States

deeznutz1245 wrote:

argo4 wrote:

alright, so i've been working my upper body mostly. Are barbell rows a good back exercise? What is the best exercise for back muscles, that you can easily do at home?
Try reverse sit ups for your lower back, hold a weight behind your head too if you want. 

argo4 wrote:

And is it true that if you only exercise your chest/arms, you still won't grow any muscle there cause you need to exercise the entire body
No, but remember your body is like a chain. As strong as its weakest link.
true but nobody really looks at your legs
Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK
Right, so is this a weightlifting thread now too? Or still just fitness? (running etc)

On the topic of shoulder shrugs.. my shoulder workout exercises looked something like this today @ the gym:

Uptight Rows
Military Press
Lateral Raise
Shoulder Shrugs

A warmup set and then slowly increasing the weight usually works well for me, ie, today for my shrugs I warmed up with 15kg dumbells on each arm then just worked up to 25's. I'm all for high weight low reps - 3 sets of 4-6 usually does the trick.

It really is beneficial to get together a workout plan, my workout plan motivates me to finish my routine everytime I'm at the gym and not to slack, I just forget everything and lift. If you write down what your doing, how many, and what weight then you can focus to improve on that weight every week and make sure you're hitting your quota of sets every week to optimise muscle gain!
Bevo
Nah
+718|6523|Austin, Texas

deeznutz1245 wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

My biceps are a lot stronger than my shoulders, though. .
See, thats my point. A lot of guys mostly work their arms. Don't get me wrong theres nothing wrong with it, especially if you lift to look good and stay marginaly fit. If you want power and to be explosive and dominating during a fight you HAVE to work your back. Look at those UFC guys. Sure they have ripped arms but their backs are ridiculous. Your power comes from your center mass. Many martial arts are based on the principle of utilizing your center mass, as well as your opponents against them. If a tiny man can whoop your ass because he knows Aikido imagine what you could do with that same knowledege PLUS power. Work your back boys.
I do work my shoulders as well (weight room a few times/week), they're just not as strong. I can do 20 reps of 120lb curl, but if you put that on incline or shoulder press, I'd probably break my skull. My shoulders crack a lot and they feel pretty weak, I try to work them though.

I'm not overly concerned with strength training, I just like to stay fit. I don't plan in doing much past highschool except maybe some intermurals or playing the occasional round of golf.
specops10-4
+108|6745|In the hills

phishman420 wrote:

Youtube of you doing 25 pullups in a row with your arms all the way out, palms facing forward, and going all the way down and all the way up or GTFO.
I don't know why you don't believe me...  I go to the gym every single fucking day of the week and work out a ton at home too.  I won't make a youtube video of it, but if you really truly want evidence I could just show you a picture of myself, I hate to brag about this type of shit but if you really want proof I could show you proof.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5767|Belgium

specops10-4 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Youtube of you doing 25 pullups in a row with your arms all the way out, palms facing forward, and going all the way down and all the way up or GTFO.
I don't know why you don't believe me...  I go to the gym every single fucking day of the week and work out a ton at home too.  I won't make a youtube video of it, but if you really truly want evidence I could just show you a picture of myself, I hate to brag about this type of shit but if you really want proof I could show you proof.
Picture.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5684
Roid rage? I honestly don't care that much. Lighten up.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England

phishman420 wrote:

I honestly don't care that much.
Cmon ig, that post before, you really were totally trippin for some reason
specops10-4
+108|6745|In the hills

Jebus wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Picture.
I'd really rather not...
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5935|United States

specops10-4 wrote:

Jebus wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Picture.
I'd really rather not...
do it ,i want to see someone get pwnsauced
phishman420
Banned
+821|5684

Mekstizzle wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Negative. I still don't believe him BTW.

Last edited by phishman420 (2008-12-14 09:31:29)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
who cares tbh, I for one, don't give a shit how many of whatever someone can do or all of that shit, it's not even relevant. I thought this thread was supposed to be some sort of advice thread anyway, not some e-penis thread
phishman420
Banned
+821|5684
I don't care either. I just think it's funny that people try to impress other dudes on a game forum by lying about how many pullups they can do.
specops10-4
+108|6745|In the hills

phishman420 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Negative. I still don't believe him BTW.
Its not like its impossible to do 25 chin ups...  I bet if I was your height I would only be able to do around 15, its just that I have short arms and I am densely packed.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5684
Ok then. I shall not question your abilities anymore.
deeznutz1245
+483|6495|Connecticut

specops10-4 wrote:

Jebus wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

Picture.
I'd really rather not...
you are talking the talk bro, now walk the walk. My pics have been posted here before, my stats are confirmed.
Malloy must go
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701
Don't worry about Ig, he is just a fatty.

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/FFLink13/specops10-4.jpg

And he is obviously jealous of how sexi you look.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

12/f/taiwan wrote:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/ … ps10-4.jpg

Riding with Phantoms
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

M.O.A.B wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/ … ps10-4.jpg

Riding with Phantoms
2 cute girls besides him but they are photo shopped out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard