CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6778|Tenn
they are coming to the FedEx Forum and ive been debating on whether or not to go. Paul O'neill talked to a radio station here and sed that they doubled the lighting, effects and shit... from 2 mill to 4 mill. all the reviews ive heard were extremely recommending to go see it... its in 10 days and i dont think it will fill so im prolly gonna go. gg.

edit: wow what the fuck was that? my internet crapped out as i submitted. gave me sum weird error when i tried to click on the second page of this thread...

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch post info, e.

edit2: ill post pics and vids if i go

Last edited by CTD-CaptainBuck (2008-12-12 22:23:39)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

they are coming to the FedEx Forum and ive been debating on whether or not to go. Paul O'neill talked to a radio station here and sed that they doubled the lighting, effects and shit... from 2 mill to 4 mill. all the reviews ive heard were extremely recommending to go see it... its in 10 days and i dont think it will fill so im prolly gonna go. gg.
It wasn't filled for mine...had about 500 or so seats left.

Go. You will NOT regret it.

Btw, the drummer's solo = fucking AWESOME
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5975|London, England

TheDonkey wrote:

Just to brag at my ubersmarts >.<

Almost each and every one of those lights hanging from the truss's is fully motorized, they can rotate 540 degrees in every direction, flash at 10hz, change colors on the fly, change shapes on the fly, and many other things.

Cost? $10 000+ EACH. I think one of the lighting designers said that there's something like 1000 of them available during the concert.

A lighting board capable of keeping track of processing and sending out a signal to control that many lights starts at $50 000.(For as basic as can physically possible)

Concert theatrics cost monies beyond the imagining of many people.
What is the point of rotating a camera 540 degrees?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6778|Tenn
yea i cant imagine how it could be bad. it prolly wont fill here because of interest. but, im looking forward to it
Commie Killer
+192|6397

Mutantsteak wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Almost each and every one of those lights hanging from the truss's is fully motorized, they can rotate 540 degrees in every direction, flash at 10hz, change colors on the fly, change shapes on the fly, and many other things.

Cost? $10 000+ EACH. I think one of the lighting designers said that there's something like 1000 of them available during the concert.

A lighting board capable of keeping track of processing and sending out a signal to control that many lights starts at $50 000.(For as basic as can physically possible)

Give the impression of going further then a full circle probably.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5975|London, England

Commie Killer wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

cant they just rotate it 180? I mean it would save time and be efficient
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Commie Killer
+192|6397

Mutantsteak wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

360 would be a full circle, but going a little past that is probably a plus or some stupid shit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York
Here are some full length videos (not taken by me):

Entrance and Sweet Emotion:

Dream On and Finish:

I've been to some good concerts...Billy Joel @ MSG in '06, Coldplay at Nassau Coliseum in '06, Aerosmith/Motley Crue @ Jones Beach in '06.

But NOTHING compared to the total shock of this...not to mention TSO was absolutely astonishing.

If TSO is ever within 500 miles of ANYONE...go see them.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-12-13 09:57:15)

jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

I imagine that was a good show
Wreckognize
+294|6496
Saw them live in Philly two years ago.  Amazing show, too bad we couldn't get tickets this year.
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6764|Florida, United States
I went to go see them last month. The lighting and effects were awesome, but sadly they didn't perform any covers.

They performed very well, it's just that I was expecting cover songs instead Christmas songs for two hours straight.

Don't get me wrong though, the laser show alone was worth it.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5727|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Commie Killer wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

360 would be a full circle, but going a little past that is probably a plus or some stupid shit.
Not a camera, the Lighting fixtures, they go 540 because it gives the designer more freedom to do stuff like spotlights that can do full circles around an arena. I guess I should've included a picture of what these things look like,

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5712|College Park, MD
Yay a tech theater nerd

He's not joking about the prices. The cheapest lights at my school's theater are like $400, i think those are the fresnels. Source4 fixtures are also pricey.

We have this small remote control unit that's basically a miniature lightboard, so that we can focus lights on-stage without having someone in the tech booth operating the main light board. I believe that remote control unit costs about $2000, and that's just the wired version.

Speaking of cool lighting stuff, I saw Cirque du Soleil the other day. They had these really cool spotlights where the operators actually had seats that were mounted to giant pylons, and they could rotate very easily (the entire seat, not just the light). Much better than the way we do them at school, with spotlights up in the coves... having to sit on beanbags...

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-12-13 18:13:15)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard