justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand

Zimmer wrote:

the iTouch is a complete nuisance if you are on the go and just want to go to the next song. It's useless for quick switches.
That is very true, definitely the most annoying aspect of the touch for me.
I know fucking karate
BlackKoala
+215|6296
Yes Zimmer, I am VERY well aware of the fact that there are dozens of other players that offer better SQ and more music formats.  But honestly, less than 0.5% of my music collection is FLAC, so I'll live.

And I'd grab one of the other players for SQ, but I'm not too concerned with that anymore.  I'll use it for so much more than music - movies, internet (WiFi at school), AIM, games....all that good stuff.

If theres another player for around $200 that offers me the Touch's features and such, I'll jump on it because I'm not an apple fan at alll.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Which would you pick Zimmer? Cowon D2/A3 with add-on storage or 120GB Zune?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
the app store makes the touch worth it.  there are literally thousands of apps, and some are pretty cool.  lots of time wasting games too
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652

steelie34 wrote:

the app store makes the touch worth it.  there are literally thousands of apps, and some are pretty cool.  lots of time wasting games too
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5718|Croatia
I love my iPod nano,don't have any complains at all
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

the iTouch is a complete nuisance if you are on the go and just want to go to the next song. It's useless for quick switches.
That is very true, definitely the most annoying aspect of the touch for me.
Just click the home button twice and you will get a popup window thing where you can back/pause/next and change the volume.
Or just get the iphone/ipod touch headphones.
It has a touch volume controller, press the tiny thing twi to go to next song, press it three times to go back and once to pause it.
Not really that annoying
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6521|CH/BR - in UK

I like the Zune...

-kon
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
SizzlingMidget
+39|6270|UK
I am posting from my new iPod touch right now and I would highly recommend it.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

get it, it's good.

I have the 32GB version...

and set up a wireless netwerk for the Wifi.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Zimmer wrote:

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Shit sound quality, terrible earphones
Yes, well those two things tend to go hand in hand, I'm hoping you used good quality earphones before making that judgement, because I use top quality headphones, and the sound quality out of my touch is definitely above average at least, not the best.....but no where near "terrible"... a slight exaggeration there me thinks.
You clearly haven't used any other sort of MP3. Go read up audiophile reviews on the iTouch. The sound quality is average at best. I use £120 earphones. I am pretty sure they are above anything that most people have here.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Klipsch-Image-P … amp;sr=8-8

Were £250 when I bought them.

Plugged them into my mates iTouch and it sounded fine, no better than my regular Classic though.

I would go for a Classic 120GB over a touch, better vfm and buttons are better than a screen.

Saying that though, I wouldn't rule out an iRiver, they look sexy and sound GREAT. Cowon are just as good but look shit.
#rekt
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Mint Sauce wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

justice wrote:

Yes, well those two things tend to go hand in hand, I'm hoping you used good quality earphones before making that judgement, because I use top quality headphones, and the sound quality out of my touch is definitely above average at least, not the best.....but no where near "terrible"... a slight exaggeration there me thinks.
You clearly haven't used any other sort of MP3. Go read up audiophile reviews on the iTouch. The sound quality is average at best. I use £120 earphones. I am pretty sure they are above anything that most people have here.

Plugged them into my mates iTouch and it sounded fine, no better than my regular Classic though.

I would go for a Classic 120GB over a touch, better vfm and buttons are better than a screen.

Saying that though, I wouldn't rule out an iRiver, they look sexy and sound GREAT. Cowon are just as good but look shit.
I hope you use those for something other than your iPod....
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6257|eng

Jenspm wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I hope you use those for something other than your iPod....
No, but I do listen to my iPod alot
#rekt
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

Zimmer wrote:

Or go for the new Zune.
I was thinking about it...since everyone egst an iPod, a Zune would be pretty badass.  Plus, I think the osftware runs better, iTunes is such garbage anyways...
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD

xRBLx wrote:

Nah just buy an iPhone 3G, thats what I did
I don't believe there's any massive bi-monthly charges with the iPod Touch.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652

_j5689_ wrote:

xRBLx wrote:

Nah just buy an iPhone 3G, thats what I did
I don't believe there's any massive bi-monthly charges with the iPod Touch.
Bi-monthly?
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6634|under there hayousaidunderwear
What's so bad about iTunes?
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6362|fåking denmark

Sydney wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Ya get one, it's nice, pretty cool and not that but extremely expensive
Cost me $600 in Denmark
Sure you didn't got ripped off mate?

I payed like 2000DKK for mine ..
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma

majorassult wrote:

i personally like it
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Brasso
+1,549|6601

aerodynamic wrote:

majorassult wrote:

i personally like it
don't even get me started on iTunes.  i have had more problems with that program than any other program combined.  i think it's only because i have Vista x64 though.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

haffeysucks wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

majorassult wrote:

i personally like it
don't even get me started on iTunes.  i have had more problems with that program than any other program combined.  i think it's only because i have Vista x64 though.
Same here, but I found a workaround that works well.

Still irritating as fuck though.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5652
Your problem is Vista. iTunes has worked fine for me for > 4 years.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland

Zimmer wrote:

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Shit sound quality, terrible earphones
Not everyone is an uber audiophile. My iPhone + CX400s works absolutely great for me, and I'd call myself fussy.

iTunes actually works now. I haven't experienced a single problem in over 2 months now (moved to a new system) and the App Store is superb - I don't see Zune etc. alternatives for it out there and there are some fantastic apps.

Last edited by kylef (2008-12-14 10:47:30)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

phishman420 wrote:

Your problem is Vista. iTunes has worked fine for me for > 4 years.
It's still shit software.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard