Schw3nk3r
+3|6640|Candy Land
This keeps happening to me and I don't know what causes it, anyone know?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6748

EA Support wrote:

Why do you get a 'Could not find socket' error when trying to play online with an Alienware PC?
      Answer

If you are using a Marvell Yukon network adaptor you may get the error message 'Could not find socket.' To work around this issue, disable the Marvell Yukon adaptor and use the nForce adaptor that came with your AlienWare PC.
if this is not the case and it was more something like error listening to a socket then it could be ur firewall.
the ports u need to open are in the back of the hand book for the game.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-03-13 13:03:17)

ShakaZuluKhan
+0|6729|Chicago

Schw3nk3r wrote:

This keeps happening to me and I don't know what causes it, anyone know?
Did you happen to recently buy and install BF2:SF by any chance? I just bought SF and installed it, it was giving me that error as well until I totally uninstalled BF2, then reinstalled it, then SF, then patched it all.
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6664
I get this message every time I install a new patch or expansion pack.  The reason is that my firewall (Zone Alarm) sees that the file has changed and blocks it accessing the internet until I tell it that it is OK.  The problem is, since BF2 is loaded, I don't see the pop-up message that Zone Alarm gives.

If you use a firewall of any sort, go to the programs list and make sure and BF2 programs or associated services have the proper permissions. 

May or may not be your problem, but this worked for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard