RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6451|Somewhere else

lowing wrote:

Of course, Obama, knows nothing of this, he just knows everyone who is involved.
even though the actual recordings show that Obama wasn't working with Blagojevich, and Rod himself said "fuck them" referring to the Obama Administration for not offering to barter for their requested candidate.

Not all politicians are corrupt, regardless of party.

It is funny how Rod's Lawyer said "He will be vindicated".  I mean, yeah as his lawyer, you can't cry out "HE DID IT!"  But what a poor choice of words.

The evidence is just so irrefutable.   IF I was his lawyer, i'd at least say something like "We will have our day in court, and this misleading sensationalized media characterization will be sorted out in court."

I mean, c'mon.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

Of course, Obama, knows nothing of this, he just knows everyone who is involved.
even though the actual recordings show that Obama wasn't working with Blagojevich, and Rod himself said "fuck them" referring to the Obama Administration for not offering to barter for their requested candidate.

It is funny how Rod's Lawyer said "He will be vindicated".  I mean, yeah as his lawyer, you can't cry out "HE DID IT!"  But what a poor choice of words.

The evidence is just so irrefutable.   IF I was his lawyer, i'd at least say something like "We will have our day in court, and this misleading sensationalized media characterization will be sorted out in court."

I mean, c'mon.
Yeah, and with "acquaintances" like those of Obama, who could even question it?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

lowing wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

I mean, c'mon.
So I guess Palin is just a dirty, seeing as how Stevens is from Alaska.  Your guilty by association is major fail.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

lowing wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I mean, c'mon.
So I guess Palin is just a dirty, seeing as how Stevens is from Alaska.  Your guilty by association is major fail.
I dunno, she might be, has Palin ever had personal dealings with Stevens? Cuz uhhhhhhhh Obama has with his "acquaintances" .
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

lowing wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

lowing wrote:

I dunno, she might be, has Palin ever had personal dealings with Stevens? Cuz uhhhhhhhh Obama has with his "acquaintances" .
I'm sure as Governor she had some contact with him.  Everything I can find about Obama and Blagojevich indicate that Obama worked for him during his election campaigns, but nothing that would indicate a "personal" dealings; I take that to mean a relationship outside of politics.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

lowing wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

I'm sure as Governor she had some contact with him.  Everything I can find about Obama and Blagojevich indicate that Obama worked for him during his election campaigns, but nothing that would indicate a "personal" dealings; I take that to mean a relationship outside of politics.
Ok, and the others? Ya know the racist, the felon, and the terrorist?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

Not sure who you mean by the first two, but the terrorist was a working relationship.  Again, they did not have a personal relationship.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Not sure who you mean by the first two, but the terrorist was a working relationship.  Again, they did not have a personal relationship.
see. Rev. Wright and Tony Resko
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

lowing wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

And Bush catered to the evangelicals, by inviting them to White House functions and holding conference calls with them to garner their favor.  These are the same people that bash gays, non-christian groups, non-religious groups, want creationism taught in schools, etc.

I'll comment when I've had time to look up this Resko person.  Can't say as I've heard of him.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

Still can't find any hard connections to Obama with this guy.  From what I can tell he had his hands in politics in general, both Dems and Repubs, including current president GWB.

wikipedia wrote:

Ties with other politicians

Tony Rezko's first significant political act was hosting a fundraiser for Harold Washington during Washington's successful campaign to become Chicago's mayor.[4] He has since raised funds for many other politicians, both Democrats and Republicans.[46] In addition to Blagojevich and Obama, prominent Democrats that Rezko and his company, Rezmar, have contributed money to, or fund-raised for, are Comptroller Dan Hynes, Attorney General Lisa Madigan, Lieutenant Governor Pat Quinn, former Chicago Mayors Daley and Washington, and former Cook County Board President John Stroger.[2] Rezko has also raised money for Republicans: former Illinois Governors Jim Edgar and George Ryan,[1] the late Rosemont, Illinois Mayor Donald Stephens and he co-chaired a multimillion-dollar fund-raiser for President George W. Bush in 2003.[46][3]

Rezko headed the 2002 campaign finance committee for Stroger. Stroger appointed Rezko's wife, Rita, to the Cook County Employee Appeals Board, which hears cases brought by fired or disciplined workers. The part-time post pays $37,000 a year.[1] A Rezko company had a contract to maintain pay telephones at the Cook County Jail under Stroger. The Chicago Sun-Times puts Rezko's contributions to Stroger at $148,300.[47]
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6595
Anyone wonder how they got a warrant for the wire in the first place? Word has it (rumors) that it was Rham Emanuel (sp) that actually contacted the  Feds to let them know that this guy was selling the Senate seat. This may not end up touching Obama officially, but he did come from Chicago politics. This may surprise a lot of people, including me, the arrogance of this governor, but just wait until he starts talking. The key people to watch for are a guy named De Leo and Lipinski, they were the only two guys I know that were getting A LOT of jobs through the Gov's office. This is going to get bigger before it goes away! I love it. HAng em all!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

lowing wrote:

It's actually a good comparison...  Palin campaigned for Stevens before the whole "Bridge to Nowhere" incident.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

It's actually a good comparison...  Palin campaigned for Stevens before the whole "Bridge to Nowhere" incident.
before or after his corruption scandal?

See, Obama was friends with these people AFTER he knew of their scanals
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Let me rephrase....  Palin campaigned for Stevens and at first, she supported the bridge.  After it became a big embarassment, she condemned it.

So, yes, she knew of the bridge, which became a scandal.
rdx-fx
+955|6562
The Chicago political machine is corrupt?!  Nah.. say it ain't so.

Chicago politics:  Vote early, vote often (in the same election), bring your dead freinds!! 

Don't worry, if you accidentally vote for the wrong guy, Vinnie an' da crew will sortit all aut for yaz.

Corrupt unions, mob influence, government seats for sale to the highest bidder, influence peddling, shady deals..  ah.. it's the Kennedy Golden Years all over again!

Oh.. wait.  No, it's not a repeat of the Kennedy years.  Shit's been the same here since the Prohibition Era.  It's not Again, it's Still

"Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason." - Robin Williams, Man of the Year

Last edited by rdx-fx (2008-12-10 21:37:08)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6451|Somewhere else

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

While it's not a good idea to be friends with checkered people, there is nothing wrong with it.

Am I reaching? yes, but so are you Lowing.

If acquaintances and friends of convicted politicians are guilty for being acquaintances and friends,  I am sure a large portion of our government would be in prison right now.

lowing wrote:

Wright was the leader of his church, his religeon (correct me if I am wrong).   Would a reverend not try to speak to a high ranking politician?  Obama bought property from Rezko.  How many other politicians have done LEGAL deals with criminals (which Obama wasn't a friend AFTER Rezko's trial as you imply).

and as for the terrorist.  Obama has clarified that issue several times,  they were on a board (whichever) together once, and that is about the extent of it.   Droning on with these sentiments that  hold little validity or debating merit proves nothing really.  If it makes you feel better about and reinforces your hating that evil liberal machine, then more power to you.

EDIT:  On the topic,  I am starting to think Blagojevich has mental issues, and I am not joking.  People around him say that he is cheery and upbeat right now.   No one with a healthy mind, facing these charges, the ruin of thier career, and such rock solid evidence, would be cherry and upbeat.

I know you'd have to paste on a face of innocence to fight it, but even an innocent man with a much better chance of vindication would not be upbeat.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-12-11 15:20:44)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker

rdx-fx wrote:

The Chicago political machine is corrupt?!  Nah.. say it ain't so.
But Obama is the only one who is not, remember?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard